Windows 10: My Pagefile.sys is way too big.

Discus and support My Pagefile.sys is way too big. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'd appreciate any help I could get on this matter. So my Pagefile.sys file is 42GB right now and it keeps growing whenever I delete things to add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DynoMyte08, Aug 25, 2020.

1. My Pagefile.sys is way too big.

I'd appreciate any help I could get on this matter. So my Pagefile.sys file is 42GB right now and it keeps growing whenever I delete things to add space on my C drive. Whenever I tried to regulate it through the advance system settings, my computer starts suffering from performance issues. My PC runs smoothest when I leave the automatic setting on. So I just wanted to ask what the best way of dealing with this issue is? What's the optimal size and setting for Pagefile?

submitted by /u/DynoMyte08
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DynoMyte08, Aug 25, 2020

2. C: pagefile .sys Degrag

How do I defrag my C: pagefile .sys my O&O Degrag Prof states that the files is 32G with a 97.71 degree of relative fragmentation?

WilliamHall9, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Aug 25, 2020
  4. My Pagefile.sys is way too big.

Windows 10 PageFile Issue

I have a machine the started giving me an out of memory.

The PageFile was stuck at 512MB. VIrtual memory was set for System Managed. Recommended was around 1900MB. Machine has 8GB of RAM. If I set a min/max it would set at the min only. I finally set min/max 3-6GB. Runs better but it seems the Sys managed
    PageFile is not working correctly. haven't run into this issue before and I can't find anything for it.

GlennErler, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

My Pagefile.sys is way too big.

1. My Pagefile.sys is way too big. - Similar Threads - Pagefile sys too

2. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  3. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pagefile sys: hi my pagefile sys went up suddenly to 11 gb while was playing game and after like end match in game it went back to normal how it was before it maked first time i think is it normal...
  4. pagefile sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My font size is way too big

in Windows 10 Customization
    My font size is way too big: My font size is way to large - how can i shrink it down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-font-size-is-way-too-big/34021dce-8240-4c29-a2f1-abc549167ca9
  6. system file is way too big

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    system file is way too big: i built a new PC 2 days ago and my system file has somehow grown to 92 GB. it is taking up way too much space as my old PC it was only about 20. how can i reduce it? submitted by /u/jaboolean [link] [comments]...
  7. C: pagefile .sys Degrag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: pagefile .sys Degrag: How do I defrag my C: pagefile .sys my O&O Degrag Prof states that the files is 32G with a 97.71 degree of relative fragmentation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-pagefile-sys-degrag/1435a24e-30c1-43a8-9587-dbbac2c1216e"
  8. icons on the display are way too big

icons on the display are way too big: After the last update the icons on the display are way too big, how can I change them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-the-display-are-way-too-big/b1d1845e-2c33-4f7d-9d1a-ae499f0f3015
  9. The title bar of windows is way too big

The title bar of windows is way too big: So, overnight, my computer decided to update without my notice, and now the title bar of all my apps are huge and I don't know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-title-bar-of-windows-is-way-too-big/a1af13b2-0c0a-44cc-8951-316d95dd6894
  10. Windows login screen way too big

Windows login screen way too big: Hey, so I recently logged in today when on the login screen the font was way to big, and I can’t seem to do anything, can’t even enter in my password to login and access the settings to change my screen resoultion. Anyone have a fix for this?...