Windows 10: “My parent is here” Error code 80270251

Discus and support “My parent is here” Error code 80270251 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My child signs into her account and because it is outside of viewing times receives the options “my parent is here”, “send a request”, and “switch... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Buttercup0762, Jan 29, 2020.

1. “My parent is here” Error code 80270251

My child signs into her account and because it is outside of viewing times receives the options “my parent is here”, “send a request”, and “switch users or turn off pc”.

The options work except when she clicks on “my parent is here” it gives the message, “An error has occured. An unexpected error has occured. Please try again later. code 80270251.”

It was working until we upgraded our hard drive

intel processor i5-2310 cpu @2.90ghz

ram 6.0 gb

64 bit

windows 10 home

i have read and applied all suggestions on the recommended microsoft articles on parental controls And Family Safety troubleshooting but nothing has worked or the suggestions were already in place.

i also tried a suggestion from a Microsoft forum posted by VishnuNamboodiri that worked for someone but because windows has changed, the instructions no longer apply.

:)

Buttercup0762, Jan 29, 2020

2. Child Screen Time - Error 80270251

Hi,

Setting time limits can help to manage your child spending too much time in the virtual world. You may receive the
    error code 80270251 due to some recent changes that may trigger errors. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to experiencing the issue?
    • Were you able to try any other troubleshooting steps aside from restarting the PC?

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Microsoft Family, error 80270251

I have a problem with my son’s account in Microsoft Family because when the time is going to be up and he clicks on
    "A parent is here", the error code 80270251 shows up.

I tried to change the user account settings but I have Windows Home and this version doesn’t allow us to change
    the local security policy.

However when I sign in as an administrator, I can’t change the
    User Account Control settings for my son. I can
    only change them for myself.

Leonard Caples, Jan 29, 2020
  4. “My parent is here” Error code 80270251

Windows 10 Home Edition - Child Account Error 80270251

When my child runs out of time and clicks "A parent is here" we get the error 80270251.

Previous questions have suggested changing the user account settings, however we have home edition, and the local security policy is not available.

Moreover when I sign in as administrator it seems I cannot change the UAC accounts for other users. I only get the option to change it for myself.

Any ideas?

ChoppyBasket859, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

“My parent is here” Error code 80270251

1. “My parent is here” Error code 80270251 - Similar Threads - “My parent here”

2. Parent permission error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parent permission error: I’ve struggled with Microsoft for a while now because they changed a lot of things. I’m attempting to download the Xbox app and every time it tells me to ask for a parents permission. Thing is, there is nobody to ask because there is nobody in my family on Microsoft. Yes, I...
  3. Parent permission error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parent permission error: I’ve struggled with Microsoft for a while now because they changed a lot of things. I’m attempting to download the Xbox app and every time it tells me to ask for a parents permission. Thing is, there is nobody to ask because there is nobody in my family on Microsoft. Yes, I...
  4. Parent permission error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Parental consent error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parental consent error: My son is a part of my microsoft family and he is under age. He wants to download Disney+ app but requires parental consent. I log in on his laptop with my account to give the permission. But it says the child already has the permission to set up an account. He tries again to...
  6. When my screen time run out, my parents pressed on 'my parent is here' but it says 'an...

When my screen time run out, my parents pressed on 'my parent is here' but it says 'an...: This happened since my dad tried to connect a remote desktop to Macbook Air. From that time on, this happened persistently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-my-screen-time-run-out-my-parents-pressed-on/fae432df-2b5e-48c8-a649-417351b2d509"
  7. "My parent is here" is no longer working in Microsoft Family

"My parent is here" is no longer working in Microsoft Family: Windows 10, Surface Pro 3 had parental controls enabled, with requests sent for more screen time. I responded to the request and allowed more time, but the Surface did not allow more time. We tried the "My Parent is Here" option, and the screen would turn gray, with the...
  8. Microsoft Family, error 80270251

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Family, error 80270251: I have a problem with my son’s account in Microsoft Family because when the time is going to be up and he clicks on "A parent is here", the error code 80270251 shows up. I tried to change the user account settings but I have Windows Home and this version doesn’t allow us to...
  9. Windows 10 Home Edition - Child Account Error 80270251

Windows 10 Home Edition - Child Account Error 80270251: When my child runs out of time and clicks "A parent is here" we get the error 80270251. Previous questions have suggested changing the user account settings, however we have home edition, and the local security policy is not available. Moreover when I sign in as...
  10. Windows 10 Home Edition - Child Account Error 80270251

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home Edition - Child Account Error 80270251: When my child runs out of time and clicks "A parent is here" we get the error 80270251. Previous questions have suggested changing the user account settings, however we have home edition, and the local security policy is not available. Moreover when I sign in as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 80270251

2. erreur 80270251

3. microsoft family my parent is here not working because i am admin 

4. an unexpected error has occurred please try again later 80270251,
  5. 80270251 windows problem,
  6. my parent is here not working on nee computer,
  7. error occured 80270251,
  8. error 80270251,
  9. 80270251 parental control,
  10. 80270251 Windows 20 fix,
  11. microfot error 80270251,