Windows 10: "My parent is here" is no longer working in Microsoft Family

Discus and support "My parent is here" is no longer working in Microsoft Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10, Surface Pro 3 had parental controls enabled, with requests sent for more screen time. I responded to the request and allowed more time,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Deb35, Aug 13, 2019 at 4:57 PM.

1. Deb35 Win User

"My parent is here" is no longer working in Microsoft Family

Windows 10, Surface Pro 3 had parental controls enabled, with requests sent for more screen time. I responded to the request and allowed more time, but the Surface did not allow more time. We tried the "My Parent is Here" option, and the screen would turn gray, with the blue moving circle, then respond with an error. Finally, I loosed the day's control completely to "max scheduled", and the Surface still does not open up.

Multiple restarts did not solve the problem.

What is going on with these controls?

:)

2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

3. Ian Ser Win User
    Windows 10 Family Safety is blocking my browser!!!

Can you confirm if you are out of the Family Safety feature on your parent's account on this
    link? If you've confirmed that you're no longer on the list of monitored child accounts, we suggest deleting the Family Safety folder. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key + E on your keyboard.
    • On the address bar, type this address C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press
      Enter.
    • Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Restart and see if the issue is resolved.

Let us know how it went for you.

4. "My parent is here" is no longer working in Microsoft Family

Microsoft Family Cannot Be Removed

Just to clarify, have you already tried the steps provided below?

• Go to your parent Microsoft Account.
    • Click on Family.
    • Under child's account, select "Allow Google app".
    Looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Aug 13, 2019 at 4:59 PM
Thema:

"My parent is here" is no longer working in Microsoft Family

1. "My parent is here" is no longer working in Microsoft Family - Similar Threads - parent here longer

2. Reset childs family account password by parent

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...
  3. Adult parental controls, Getting blocked by Microsoft family settings? Go no further.

Adult parental controls, Getting blocked by Microsoft family settings? Go no further.: So I have had this problem where I would Try to use my pc and browse the web with something other than Internet Explorer (Microsoft Edge). I would try the usual things like Chrome or Firefox. But these have seemed to be blocked by Microsoft Family Restrictions. I worked Hard...
  4. Microsoft family child removal not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft family child removal not working: I was recently removed from my Microsoft family account, with help from Microsoft support, the support person told me that if I restarted my computer I would be removed from the family. After restarting the computer I still had to ask to use google, when I clicked the ask by...
  5. Are parental controls in Windows 10 no longer supported?

Are parental controls in Windows 10 no longer supported?: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC as a machine for my kids to use, as I was encouraged by articles I had read about the supposed parental controls. I've gone through the pain of setting up email accounts for my kids (who are under 8 years old!!!), only to find that the...
  6. Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family

Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family: I have someone on my family account that is an adult, when he tries and access certain items he gets notifications he cannot due to parental controls. I never see any emails saying he is asking or notifications, etc. But none the less he is an adult and can access any of...
  7. Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family

Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family: I have added my father to our family, because he's part of the family, but now he gets every email request for more screen time (Xbox and PC), purchase requests, screen time reports, etc. Neither I nor he want this. He can also me from my family, which is strange. How can I...
  8. Parental controls and family account not working

Parental controls and family account not working: I just set up family accounts for my children a couple days ago and did not even give the info to my kids since I wanted to check them first. I went on my sons account and even though I toggled the content restrictions on (I double checked), I was able to view everything...
  9. Family Safety and seperated parents

Family Safety and seperated parents: Can someone detail what are the important issues two separated parents might have with using Family Safety to manage their children? My son 11, is getting a laptop for high school. He currently has a desktop at my place configured for Family Safety. His account is a child...
  10. Microsoft Office no longer working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Office no longer working: At 10:50 PM tonight (PST) in the middle of working my computer suddenly went to a blue screen and "restarted". When it came back on my Office programs (Word, Excel) no longer will open any of my documents and I get the following message: "The operating system is not presently...