Windows 10: My partitions E and D disappeared!

Discus and support My partitions E and D disappeared! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi guys yesterday I was looking at my files and noticed that partition E and D were gone. I thought they didn't load properly so I just restarted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ron MikhailPalacio, Jun 6, 2019.

1. My partitions E and D disappeared!

hi guys

yesterday I was looking at my files and noticed that partition E and D were gone. I thought they didn't load properly so I just restarted my laptop.

Still nothing. I checked the disk management and nothing they were not even hidden or unlocated. My partitions E and D disappeared! 9f3bb700-4ba5-4647-a506-beadafee102f?upload=true.jpg

I have these 3 sections that I can't even right click, if I do the only option popping is "help". I tried software like EaseUS but didn't give me any solution.

Fortunately there were no super important files on those partitions. My hard disk is 1tb but as you can see C: is only 279.45 gb and F: is 398.07 so it's not possible that they were merged in any case. I'm missing more or less 300gb of space! I run the antivirus no virus were found not even errors.

I noticed that the two missing partitions were named: one was D: MEDIA and F: GAMES; I also noticed that when I turn off the laptop I hear a mechanical click. Can anyone help?? THANK YOU

My partitions E and D disappeared! 6dabe13a-6e39-4f5b-961b-d5ff29e2e6ca?upload=true.jpg

:)

Ron MikhailPalacio, Jun 6, 2019

2. D and E drives

If you using only one hard disk , you have already partitioned D and E before update .

after update its disappeared correct >

D and E might be deleted from harddisk , unallocated space size were .increased.

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    How to disappear the Z partition in "This PC"

Hi Disal,

To delete the Z: drive partition, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R. Type diskmgmt.msc, then hit
      Enter.
    • Right-click on the partition, then select Delete Volume to delete a partition.

Note: This option deletes every single file on the partition, please be careful when using it.

We also suggest running Microsoft Safety Scanner to scan and protect your computer from any viruses.

Update us with the result.

Riel Alc, Jun 6, 2019
  4. IanWBerry Win User

My partitions E and D disappeared!

Windows 10 deletes partitions of D and E. It is making the partions as unallocated space.

Good morning, thanks for the reply

I'm away until next Monday, but I'll certainly try your solutions then.

In the meantime - there have been no hardware changes recently, hard disk or otherwise.

The computer shuts down completely overnight and in the morning the partitions (D: and EMy partitions E and D disappeared! :) have disappeared.

C:, D:,and E: are partitions of a RAID 1 array under the control of Intel Rapid Storage Technology. This is working with no problems.

Windows 10 Pro is fully up to date, all updated applied.

I'll add more when I get back.

kind regards

IanWBerry, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

My partitions E and D disappeared!

1. My partitions E and D disappeared! - Similar Threads - partitions disappeared

2. Partition drive letter disappears!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition drive letter disappears!: I have a new laptop with Windows 11 installed. I created a partition and assigned it the drive letter Z. Sometimes after rebooting, or after waking up the drive letter simply disappears, the partition name is there but not the letter. The partition is fine, I have to reassign...
  3. Partition drive letter disappears!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partition drive letter disappears!: I have a new laptop with Windows 11 installed. I created a partition and assigned it the drive letter Z. Sometimes after rebooting, or after waking up the drive letter simply disappears, the partition name is there but not the letter. The partition is fine, I have to reassign...
  4. Drive Letter for Partition Keeps Disappearing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Letter for Partition Keeps Disappearing on Windows 11: I have a new laptop with Windows 11pro installed no upgrade but clean installation. I have added a partition and assigned it the drive letter Z and name Doc. Sometimes after startup Doc will display but Z will be gone. I have to go into disk management and assign Z to Doc in...
  5. Drive Letter for Partition Keeps Disappearing on Windows 11

Drive Letter for Partition Keeps Disappearing on Windows 11: I have a new laptop with Windows 11pro installed no upgrade but clean installation. I have added a partition and assigned it the drive letter Z and name Doc. Sometimes after startup Doc will display but Z will be gone. I have to go into disk management and assign Z to Doc in...
  6. Hard drive partition has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive partition has disappeared.: Hi everyone,All my partitions are gone except for the C drive; they are not shown in the disk management as well. The crazy part is that they come back sometimes in the day and I can use the data and software that are installed in those drives! they keep coming back and going...
  7. Hard drive partition has disappeared.

Hard drive partition has disappeared.: Hi everyone,All my partitions are gone except for the C drive; they are not shown in the disk management as well. The crazy part is that they come back sometimes in the day and I can use the data and software that are installed in those drives! they keep coming back and going...
  8. Drive Letter for Partition Keeps Disappearing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Letter for Partition Keeps Disappearing on Windows 11: I have a new laptop with Windows 11 installed no upgrade but clean installation. I have added a partition and assigned it the drive letter Z. Sometimes after rebooting, sometimes after waking up from hibernation mode, sometimes even whilst in use, the drive letter simply...
  9. Drive Letter for Partition Keeps Disappearing on Windows 11

Drive Letter for Partition Keeps Disappearing on Windows 11: I have a new laptop with Windows 11 installed no upgrade but clean installation. I have added a partition and assigned it the drive letter Z. Sometimes after rebooting, sometimes after waking up from hibernation mode, sometimes even whilst in use, the drive letter simply...
  10. a whole partition disappeared from my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a whole partition disappeared from my laptop: i was watching a video on my laptop then in the middle of it the video started lagging and wouldn't continue so i opened another one to find it's not working either so i restarted the system to find the whole D: partition is gone and i have only C: so i check disk management...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. portable base layer windows 10