Windows 10: My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

Discus and support My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by david lin7, Dec 1, 2023.

1. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works.

:)

david lin7, Dec 1, 2023

2. Xbox game bar party chat

Xbox game bar party chat in the setting of xbox game bar party chat audio settings are not being saved but the audio to windows it self saved what i set it to but xbox game bar if i change the settings for party chat it does not save any idea on how to
    fix this ? this is doing this on three PCs as well.

DanielDeskins, Dec 1, 2023
  3. How to fix mic on Xbox Game Bar?

My microphone works but isn't being picked up on the game bar. It says its detecting my mic in the audio settings but nothing shows up in the party, can't hear people either. Works in other apps such as discord but not it the game bar party. Seeing if anyone has had similar problems and has found a solution. I have a video showing what I am talking about but I can't upload it, any suggestions I am open to trying.

weston foglia, Dec 1, 2023
  4. scharyu Win User

My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

Xbox Game Bar Not Recording Mic But It Should

I use the Xbox Game Bar to record the last 10 minutes of the game in the background. It should also record my microphone, but it doesn't do it properly. When I click to record my last 10 minutes of the game, the recording is saved with the system sound (including in-game sounds and Discord). However, my microphone was not recorded. It's not a problem with the microphone, because my friends can hear me in Discord, teammates in the game can hear me in voice chat too. Even if I don't use Discord or voice chat, it doesn't record my mic. The only way to get around this is to manually turn off the microphone in XGB and then turn it on (I usually just do this with a hotkey). The problem is that usually I forget to do it and get a recording without my voice. However, this is not how it should work. If I set my microphone to be on by default, it should record my voice initially, whithout my interruptions by manually restarting the mic.

Has anyone encountered this problem? How can it be solved?

FYI:

• In XBR settings Record in the background while I'm playing and Show microphone recording notifications are set ON.
    • In Audio to record it is set All (Game, enabled mic, apps, system).
    • In Windows Settings there are only two enabled Recording devices: my headphones mic (HyperX Cloud Alpha S Chat) and built-in laptop mic (Realtek Audio). The HyperX Cloud Alpha S Chat is set as a default recording device (format: 1 channel, 16 bit, 48 MHz), Realtek Audio is just active. However it doesn't matter, if built-in mic active or not, the problem still exists.
    • In Games in Windows Settings Record audio when record the game is set ON. Quality is set to 192 Kbit/s, Mic audio is set to 100, System audio is set to 50.
    • Windows, XGB and headphones driver are up-to-date (Windows 11 Pro 22621.819 and Xbox Game Bar 5.822.10271.0 and HyperX Cloud Alpha S firmware v4.1.1.0).

scharyu, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

1. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab... - Similar Threads - party chat doesn’t

2. Xbox Game Bar mic not working in parties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar mic not working in parties.: Hi, i've been having this issue for a while where when I am in an xbox party, my mic will only work when I have my game bar open and on the screen. It shows an orange error symbol and when I click on the notification in the social tab it directs me to an article on how to let...
  3. Xbox Game Bar mic not working in parties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar mic not working in parties.: Hi, i've been having this issue for a while where when I am in an xbox party, my mic will only work when I have my game bar open and on the screen. It shows an orange error symbol and when I click on the notification in the social tab it directs me to an article on how to let...
  4. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...: I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-party-chat-doesnt-work-but-the-game-bar-detects/4f701d94-9ad2-44c2-97c9-13558d53c064
  5. Xbox Game Bar Party Chat not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Party Chat not Working: Ever since doing an update to the game bar it's been popping up with a message saying "Something went wrong with this widget" and my party chats aren't working. Input and output devices are ok as the work in all other apps ingame/discord...
  6. Xbox Game Bar Party Chat not Working

Xbox Game Bar Party Chat not Working: Ever since doing an update to the game bar it's been popping up with a message saying "Something went wrong with this widget" and my party chats aren't working. Input and output devices are ok as the work in all other apps ingame/discord...
  7. Game bar win10 party chat audio doesnt go through my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game bar win10 party chat audio doesnt go through my headset: All of my game bar sound like notifications goes thru my headset but party chat doesnt. Why? I fixed it once but i had no idea what i did....
  8. Windows Game Bar Party Chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game Bar Party Chat: I am unable to connect to party chats via the xbox game bar or the xbox console companion it repeatedly without fail gives me the error 0x00000000 i recently completely reinstalled windows if that for some reason makes a difference...
  9. my mic sounds quiet to the people in my party chat on game bar

my mic sounds quiet to the people in my party chat on game bar: im using my pc runs on windows 10 btw and out of nowhere a few months ago my friends in party chat told me my mic sounds very quiet and my friends can hardly hear me...
  10. Xbox Game Bar: I can't hear my party chat.

Xbox Game Bar: I can't hear my party chat.: Hello, I am having trouble with the Xbox Game Bar for Win10. I have used this in the past to voice chat with my xbox friends while playing sea of thieves. Today I got on with my brother who is using his laptop in my room and a few friends who are using their xboxes somewhere...