Windows 10: My Passport external HDD.

Discus and support My Passport external HDD. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning all Iuse the above to store all my photos. Occasionally when I plug it in so I can perhaps post a photo to Facebook for example it shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidHarker2, Jan 2, 2021.

1. My Passport external HDD.

Good morning all

Iuse the above to store all my photos. Occasionally when I plug it in so I can perhaps post a photo to Facebook for example it shows up as if I,d clicked on the drive to use it when I hadn,t .Then sometimes it will not show in file explore and then I sometimes wait then it shows.I would be grateful for any advice to sort this.

Many thanks

Dave H.

:)

DavidHarker2, Jan 2, 2021
  2. LSPER Win User

My WD Passport external hard drive won't open

My WD Passport external hard drive won't open. It's listed in device manager and in the properties is listed as "working properly".

LSPER, Jan 2, 2021
  3. mac_user Win User
    Reliable 1TB External Drive

I would suggest this one. WD My Passport Ultra 2 TB Externe Festplatte - WDBBKD0020BWT - USB 3.0

mac_user, Jan 2, 2021
  4. My Passport external HDD.

external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

My Passport external HDD.

1. My Passport external HDD. - Similar Threads - Passport external HDD

2. My external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external HDD: My external HDD is no longer listed on my files menu. It used to be fully accessible under the "F Drive". But now I can't gain access to any of my files that are on it. It doesn't show up under drives anymore, instead, it's under devices and printers. Is it possible I loaded...
  3. My external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external HDD: My external HDD is no longer listed on my files menu. It used to be fully accessible under the "F Drive". But now I can't gain access to any of my files that are on it. It doesn't show up under drives anymore, instead, it's under devices and printers. Is it possible I loaded...
  4. Western Digital My passport ext hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western Digital My passport ext hdd: Good morning folks, I,m having problems with the above 2tb drive.Whenever I connect to the laptop it switches itself on without me touching any keys so I have to "x" off it Tried just now to upload a photo and it seemed to disappear while I was trying to do so but...
  5. WD My Passport 1TB External Harfd Drive.

WD My Passport 1TB External Harfd Drive.: When I try to set up the WD Apps I get a message " This app can't run on your PC. " I am trying to restore files to a new PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-passport-1tb-external-harfd-drive/6ac13f82-25ef-47f3-b04d-8a2c40efd026
  6. WD My passport External hard drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD My passport External hard drive not working: The name and bar showing up shows fine, but when I try to download something it automatically goes to the C:/original hard drive. It ends up saying disk space full because my disk space on C:/ is full. How do I set up My Passport so it can take in files?...
  7. RETRIEVE PICTURE FROM EXTERNAL PASSPORT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RETRIEVE PICTURE FROM EXTERNAL PASSPORT: RETRIEVE PICTURE FROM EXTERNAL PASSPORT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-picture-from-external-passport/708011e5-e8f2-4944-b910-29083a5fd214"
  8. How do I initialize my External USB HDD WD My Passport?

How do I initialize my External USB HDD WD My Passport?: I have an External USB HDD WD My Passport 0810 that needs initialization. I have been using it for System Image backups via Macrium Reflect free as well as saving my data.. How do I initialize it so I can get back to using it for System Image backups again? I'm not concerned...
  9. WD My Passport external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD My Passport external hard drive: I am CONSTANTLY prompted to Re-Connect my Backup harddrive bc some files did not backup. I try to look at files but cant open and the files are tiny. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT TROJAN FILES ? Are they old orphan files from some uninstalled app. I KNOW, a list of files and...
  10. can't format external my passport

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't format external my passport: was using the 2TB version and was backing up with it and decided to just delete everything and use as a storage device (drive). Now I can't access it and when I try to format it will go all the way and then say unable to format. I did not use any password function when I was...