Windows 10: My Passport on Dell Laptop

Discus and support My Passport on Dell Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to transfer pictures and documents from an iMac to a new laptop PC running Windows 10. The files are all on a My Passport external storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasonYedlinski, Nov 15, 2020.

1. My Passport on Dell Laptop

Trying to transfer pictures and documents from an iMac to a new laptop PC running Windows 10. The files are all on a My Passport external storage device. I connect the My Passport USB, and the computer recognizes that it is there can see it in Devices, but I cannot access the drive itself. It does not show up in File Explorer or the quick access menus. TIA, JJY

:)

JasonYedlinski, Nov 15, 2020
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

My Passport on Dell Laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Nov 15, 2020
  4. nxavis9 Win User

My Passport on Dell Laptop

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

My Passport on Dell Laptop

1. My Passport on Dell Laptop - Similar Threads - Passport Dell Laptop

2. My Passport Back Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Passport Back Up: When I connect by Backup USB My Passport Ultra to my computer the details come up on screen of My Passport Ultra. Previously I used to get a message asking what I want to do with the USB. I then went to Settings > Backup straight away. with no problems. Now it takes 10 +...
  3. My Passport external HDD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Passport external HDD.: Good morning all Iuse the above to store all my photos. Occasionally when I plug it in so I can perhaps post a photo to Facebook for example it shows up as if I,d clicked on the drive to use it when I hadn,t .Then sometimes it will not show in file explore and then I...
  4. Passport

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Passport: I saved everything from my laptop on the Passport system so that I could transfer the info to my new Dell desktop. When I plugged the Passport into the computer it didn't work. Is there anything that I need to download to make the transfer???...
  5. My Passport

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    My Passport: I've been using My Passport backup devices and they always stop working. Anyone else find these to be junk and is there another automatic, reliable option available? 163225
  6. WD My Passport

WD My Passport: Hi. I have just purchased a Microsoft Laptop which unfortunately won't read my WD My Passport. does anyone have a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-passport/b3cf90e5-c78b-4104-a67e-e25c5faea50a
  7. WD My Passport Ultra There but not there

WD My Passport Ultra There but not there: I have a 1TB WD My Passport Ultra and it was working fine. I accessed a picture from it to send out in in an email and afterwards shut down my laptop. HP Envy, Win 10 bla bla bla Later that day I booted up my laptop and the passport didn't show up in the file manager. It...
  8. My Passport Ultra 1TB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Passport Ultra 1TB: I downloaded everything onto this external hard drive but cannot seem to open it again. I must be doing something wrong. I can see the external drive in my drives box but it will not open....
  9. westerndigital my passport

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    westerndigital my passport: How can I connect my western digital my passport to my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/westerndigital-my-passport/b77ab794-43fc-46db-9a60-af3756b8eee1
  10. Microsoft Passport and Microsoft Passport for Work?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Passport and Microsoft Passport for Work?: I would like to use a feature called MS Passport or MS Passport for Work. I did some research on this feature and many articles say that you must sign up for a MS Account in order to do this. Can I create a MS Passport PIN just by using my local account instead by going...