Windows 10: My password doesn't work in windows Advanced startup

Discus and support My password doesn't work in windows Advanced startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello When i go to Settings>Update & Security>Recovery>advanced startup>troubleshoot>Uninstall updates>Uninstall a feature update, and i enter my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yonatan8070, Oct 27, 2018.

1. My password doesn't work in windows Advanced startup

Hello

When i go to Settings>Update & Security>Recovery>advanced startup>troubleshoot>Uninstall updates>Uninstall a feature update, and i enter my password it tells me my password is incorrect, I quadrouple checked my password and tried resetting it, nothing helps

What do i do?

:)

Yonatan8070, Oct 27, 2018

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Avedis53 Win User

My password doesn't work in windows Advanced startup

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

My password doesn't work in windows Advanced startup

1. My password doesn't work in windows Advanced startup - Similar Threads - password doesn't Advanced

2. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  3. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  4. Advanced startup on windows 11 won't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup on windows 11 won't work.: I do not know why this happens, whenever i try to restart using advanced startup, it just goes into a black screeni tried giving it time but it doesn't seem to do anything...
  5. Advanced startup on windows 11 won't work.

Advanced startup on windows 11 won't work.: I do not know why this happens, whenever i try to restart using advanced startup, it just goes into a black screeni tried giving it time but it doesn't seem to do anything...
  6. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu: So my computer started having some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED issues, and so I was going to fix it. While the BSODs are an issue, that is another can of worms that I am not discussing about rn. I was going to use tools in Advanced Startup but now it prompts for a password, these...
  7. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu: So my computer started having some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED issues, and so I was going to fix it. While the BSODs are an issue, that is another can of worms that I am not discussing about rn. I was going to use tools in Advanced Startup but now it prompts for a password, these...
  8. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. My Windows 10 advanced startup doesn't show the regular options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 advanced startup doesn't show the regular options: A quick introduction: I'm in the midst of trying to convert my BIOS from Legacy to UEFI. Every time I'm about to solve some problem (converting from MBR to GPT, running commands in cmd, etc.), some new error occurs which compels me to keep searching for solutions on the web....
  10. Advanced startup won't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced startup won't work: I activated offline scanning with defender while i have norton installed just to get a scan in and now i keep getting errors from norton that it's scans will be worsened because defender limited periodic scanning is on. I turned them all off and even after multiple restarts...