Windows 10: My password expired and I forgot what it was how do I get onto my computer

Discus and support My password expired and I forgot what it was how do I get onto my computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I forgot if I had ever set a password for my desktop but for the last few months after installing windows I haven’t had to put in a password. Out... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kobe Snow, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Kobe Snow Win User

My password expired and I forgot what it was how do I get onto my computer

Hi, I forgot if I had ever set a password for my desktop but for the last few months after installing windows I haven’t had to put in a password. Out of no where my computer says my password expired and is asking for my password to create a new one. I have no idea what that password is and it’s giving me no hints or visible ways to reset my password. Please help.

:)

Kobe Snow, Dec 14, 2022

2. forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

You may also refer to the below article.

I can't sign in to my Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 14, 2022
  3. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Dec 14, 2022
  4. My password expired and I forgot what it was how do I get onto my computer

windows 10 password expired and the user forgot his password.

hi

my colleague forgot his password. and when windows 10 showed that password expired and most be changed to sign in.

creating a new password, it required input the old password. please advise what can I do on this case.

Roger_yang, Dec 14, 2022
Thema:

My password expired and I forgot what it was how do I get onto my computer

1. My password expired and I forgot what it was how do I get onto my computer - Similar Threads - password expired forgot

2. I forgot my password to log onto my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to log onto my computer: I forgot my password to log onto my computer. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-log-onto-my-computer/0f9629af-c6ee-4651-8f1e-2d29dedee6b8
  3. I forgot my password to log onto my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my password to log onto my computer: I forgot my password to log onto my computer. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-log-onto-my-computer/0f9629af-c6ee-4651-8f1e-2d29dedee6b8
  4. I need to log onto my windows 10 computer, but I forgot my password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to log onto my windows 10 computer, but I forgot my password.: I recently changed my PIN because someone knew, and I don't remember it. I know you're supposed to log in through Microsoft, but it's using my old, deleted email address. I can't get a code to log in because of that, so I need help cause I'm locked out....
  5. I need to log onto my windows 10 computer, but I forgot my password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I need to log onto my windows 10 computer, but I forgot my password.: I recently changed my PIN because someone knew, and I don't remember it. I know you're supposed to log in through Microsoft, but it's using my old, deleted email address. I can't get a code to log in because of that, so I need help cause I'm locked out....
  6. I need to log onto my windows 10 computer, but I forgot my password.

7. I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do: I just got my old computer back and I forgot my password and in order to reset it I have to login into my computer but I don't remember the password plz help me...
  8. I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do

I forgot my password to login into my computer what do I do: I just got my old computer back and I forgot my password and in order to reset it I have to login into my computer but I don't remember the password plz help me...
  9. My password expired and I forgot what it was how do I get onto my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My password expired and I forgot what it was how do I get onto my computer: Hi, I forgot if I had ever set a password for my desktop but for the last few months after installing windows I haven’t had to put in a password. Out of no where my computer says my password expired and is asking for my password to create a new one. I have no idea what that...
  10. My password expired and I forgot what it was how do I get onto my computer

My password expired and I forgot what it was how do I get onto my computer: Hi, I forgot if I had ever set a password for my desktop but for the last few months after installing windows I haven’t had to put in a password. Out of no where my computer says my password expired and is asking for my password to create a new one. I have no idea what that...