Windows 10: My password is not changing

Discus and support My password is not changing in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So i came home and suddenly my password does not work at all even though I haven't changed it. I have two accounts. One for school one for home and I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SheridanPhillips, Sep 10, 2020.

1. My password is not changing

So i came home and suddenly my password does not work at all even though I haven't changed it. I have two accounts. One for school one for home and I had not used the home one yet and the home one is the one that's not working. I've tried changing the password for home account on the school account but I still get "password is incorrect" even though I've changed it on my school account. I've done wizard change password but it says that an error has occurred? I have important things on this account and I don't want to remove it. Any suggestions on what to do?

:)

SheridanPhillips, Sep 10, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Sep 10, 2020
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 10, 2020
  4. My password is not changing

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

My password is not changing

1. My password is not changing - Similar Threads - password changing

2. How can I change the Windows administrator password on my HP laptop after encountering...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the Windows administrator password on my HP laptop after encountering...: Subject: Assistance Needed Windows Administrator Password Issue on HP Envy x360Dear Support Team,I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I am experiencing while trying to reset my Windows password on my HP Envy X360.Currently, the administrative password is not being...
  3. How can I change the Windows administrator password on my HP laptop after encountering...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the Windows administrator password on my HP laptop after encountering...: Subject: Assistance Needed Windows Administrator Password Issue on HP Envy x360Dear Support Team,I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I am experiencing while trying to reset my Windows password on my HP Envy X360.Currently, the administrative password is not being...
  4. Why am I having to change my password everytime I sign in to my email from a different device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I having to change my password everytime I sign in to my email from a different device?: I have been signed in on my computer and my phone for years and I sign in at the library every now and then to print things out. The last two times I logged in at the library it said I tried the wrong password too many times and made me change it. I only tried once. Then I...
  5. Why am I having to change my password everytime I sign in to my email from a different device?

Why am I having to change my password everytime I sign in to my email from a different device?: I have been signed in on my computer and my phone for years and I sign in at the library every now and then to print things out. The last two times I logged in at the library it said I tried the wrong password too many times and made me change it. I only tried once. Then I...
  6. Why am I having to change my password everytime I sign in to my email from a different device?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. "Your password was changed on another device" error after deleting the user from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your password was changed on another device" error after deleting the user from...: I have removed my account from administration group and after restart this message appeared: "your password was changed on another device"How can i solve this...
  8. "Your password was changed on another device" error after deleting the user from...

"Your password was changed on another device" error after deleting the user from...: I have removed my account from administration group and after restart this message appeared: "your password was changed on another device"How can i solve this...
  9. How do I recover an account when the email and password have been changed and microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover an account when the email and password have been changed and microsoft...: So my friend got his account hacked, and we can't do anything about contacting support because the hackers have changed his username email and his password. They also changed his verification password, and are possibly hacking his Minecraft account to steal that stuff and...
  10. How do I recover an account when the email and password have been changed and microsoft...

How do I recover an account when the email and password have been changed and microsoft...: So my friend got his account hacked, and we can't do anything about contacting support because the hackers have changed his username email and his password. They also changed his verification password, and are possibly hacking his Minecraft account to steal that stuff and...