Windows 10: my password was tried too many times and locked me out start screen giving me "enter the...

Discus and support my password was tried too many times and locked me out start screen giving me "enter the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; password tried too many times now locked out. wants challenge phrase. cannot start or use laptop. please help. i know many have had this problem... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by helenhecht, May 22, 2020.

1. my password was tried too many times and locked me out start screen giving me "enter the...

password tried too many times now locked out. wants challenge phrase. cannot start or use laptop. please help. i know many have had this problem

:)

helenhecht, May 22, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 lock screen password

We appreciate the details that you've provided. We suggest that you remove the lock screen password by following the steps below:

• On the Windows search bar, type in Netplwiz and select the top most result.This window gives you access to Windows user accounts and many password controls.
    • Right at the top is a checkmark next to the option labeled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
      Uncheck that.
    • Click Apply and it will prompt you for your current password. Enter it twice. The next time you reboot, or your PC wakes up from a nap, you’ll no longer need to type in your password.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, May 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, unable to enter password

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to log-in using Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you trying to enter pin or password?

Assuming that this issue might be because of keyboard, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard from the lock screen and check if it helps.

Steps: From the lock screen, click on Ease of access and click on On-screen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, May 22, 2020
  4. my password was tried too many times and locked me out start screen giving me "enter the...

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 22, 2020
Thema:

my password was tried too many times and locked me out start screen giving me "enter the...

1. my password was tried too many times and locked me out start screen giving me "enter the... - Similar Threads - password was tried

2. Locked out too many times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out too many times: I am running Windwos 11 home on a Lenovo IdeaPad 3. My problem is that when logging into my laptop, if I mess up my pin ONCE, the error message "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep...
  3. Locked out too many times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out too many times: I am running Windwos 11 home on a Lenovo IdeaPad 3. My problem is that when logging into my laptop, if I mess up my pin ONCE, the error message "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep...
  4. wrong pin on laptop too many times, locked out of windows 10, won't give me an option to...

wrong pin on laptop too many times, locked out of windows 10, won't give me an option to...: I guessed my pin on my laptop too many times and locked myself out of windows 10. I know my password, but it won't show me that option anymore. I tried safe mode but when I go to F5 for safe mode with networking it disconnects from the internet and goes back to the sign in...
  5. wrong pin on laptop too many times, locked out of windows 10, won't give me an option to...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    wrong pin on laptop too many times, locked out of windows 10, won't give me an option to...: I guessed my pin on my laptop too many times and locked myself out of windows 10. I know my password, but it won't show me that option anymore. I tried safe mode but when I go to F5 for safe mode with networking it disconnects from the internet and goes back to the sign in...
  6. wrong pin on laptop too many times, locked out of windows 10, won't give me an option to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. i tried my password and failed too many times now it tells me incorrect password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i tried my password and failed too many times now it tells me incorrect password.: i tried the password too many times now it says incorredt password when its the right one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-my-password-and-failed-too-many-times-now/cf02c779-9301-4965-84a5-42ab2dc7f04e
  8. i tried my password and failed too many times now it tells me incorrect password.

i tried my password and failed too many times now it tells me incorrect password.: i tried the password too many times now it says incorredt password when its the right one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-my-password-and-failed-too-many-times-now/cf02c779-9301-4965-84a5-42ab2dc7f04e
  9. My laptop lock screen is not giving time to enter my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop lock screen is not giving time to enter my password: I'm using lenovo windows 10 pro laptop. My lock screen is not waiting even a second to enter my password and showing incorrect password again it is automatically clicking ok button then the same repeats for Somewhile. After 5 or 10 seconds it waits and this time it...
  10. Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password: Recently I have started receiving a message about entering an incorrect password and having to put A1B2C3 before trying again, but I never tried to put a password in to begin with. My computer will 'sleep' and then the message of "too many incorrect tries" appears, Does this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happens if guess wrong password too many times on windows 10