Windows 10: My passwords readable by Firefox extensions??

Discus and support My passwords readable by Firefox extensions?? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Yesterday I returned to Firefox for the first time in about 8 years. While working on my configuration, I came across the following link: Permission... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ignatzatsonic, Sep 15, 2020.

1. My passwords readable by Firefox extensions??

Yesterday I returned to Firefox for the first time in about 8 years.

While working on my configuration, I came across the following link:

Permission request messages for Firefox extensions | Firefox Help

Which says this about installing certain extensions:

"The extension can read the content of any web page you visit as well as data you enter into those web pages, such as usernames and passwords."

Is this as spooky as it appears to be? What am I missing?

:)

ignatzatsonic, Sep 15, 2020

2. Your Firefox extensions are all disabled? That's a bug!

Thanks for the reply. I tried deleting LastPass, re-booted my computer, started Firefox and then re-installed LastPass as you suggested. I signed in to LastPass and then shut down Firefox. When I restarted Firefox it signed in to LastPass automatically so that problem remains.

And the Tools/Add-ons/Extensions list remains blank although now if I right click the LastPass icon in Firefox it takes me to the top position in the Extensions list (previously LastPass was #4) - so it seems Firefox isn't displaying the entries in the list but knows which ones should be there and their positions.

I never noticed a problem with extensions during this recent Firefox issue and the only obvious problem now is the automatic sign-in to Lastpass and the blank extensions list.

Update: The Extension list appears in Firefox's SAFE mode so it looks like my profile is damaged. Haven't had this happen before, could be random or something to do with the recent update....

GadgetBuilder, Sep 15, 2020
  3. essenbe Win User
    Your Firefox extensions are all disabled? That's a bug!

I think the LastPass issue can be taken care of in the LastPass control panel. Have it not trust your browser and have your browser not save passwords.

I have FF 66.0.4. I reset FF back to defaults but it still would not install the addons. After about 5 minutes and a restart it installed mine and works fine now. It must have installed the FF fix in those few minutes.

Also when you sign into the lastPass fro your browser pay close attention to the remember boxes.

My passwords readable by Firefox extensions?? [​IMG]

essenbe, Sep 15, 2020
  4. My passwords readable by Firefox extensions??

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

My passwords readable by Firefox extensions??

1. My passwords readable by Firefox extensions?? - Similar Threads - passwords readable Firefox

2. passwords firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    passwords firefox: I like many others ,have passwords saved from websites etc i use a lot on firefox . If i upgrade to windows 11 and install firefox again ,I dont like EDGE, will all my passwords be lost...
  3. passwords firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    passwords firefox: I like many others ,have passwords saved from websites etc i use a lot on firefox . If i upgrade to windows 11 and install firefox again ,I dont like EDGE, will all my passwords be lost...
  4. passwords firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Extensions in Firefox 66

in Windows 10 News
    Extensions in Firefox 66: Firefox 66 is currently in beta and, for extension developers, the changes to the WebExtensions API center primarily around improving performance, stability, and the development experience. A total of 30 issues were resolved in Firefox 66, including contributions from several...
  6. Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an...
  7. Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. Sometimes you may need or want to...
  8. Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. This tutorial will show you how to install an extension...
  9. Announcing New Color Extension for Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing New Color Extension for Firefox: Remember when you were a kid and wanted to paint your room your favorite color? Or the first time you dyed your hair a different color and couldn’t wait to show all your friends (or at least, wanted to)? We feel that, too, and that’s why we put the new Color Extension in the...
  10. Firefox 57 Ready Extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 57 Ready Extensions: Just in case you want to know what extensions will work with Firefox 57 as of today the link in below:*tip*BSOD https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...er=54.0&page=2 89428