Windows 10: My PC absolutely refuses to update or reinstall windows.

Discus and support My PC absolutely refuses to update or reinstall windows. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all. I never make posts like this when it comes to PC problems. I have had a long hard search through other topics and posts but it seems this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mr_Blue_Baws, May 30, 2021.

1. My PC absolutely refuses to update or reinstall windows.

Hi all. I never make posts like this when it comes to PC problems. I have had a long hard search through other topics and posts but it seems this is beyond me. I'm trying to update Windows 10 pro from 1909 to 21H1 and being met with update failures. I have tried updating via Windows update, Media creation tool and the Update Assistant all being met with failure after restart. Troubleshooting steps taken this is a bit of a list. Removed all external USB devices. Updated all current device drivers inc hidden - all drivers fineRan chkdsk, mdsched, dism check, sfc scan - all fineFull malware

:)

Mr_Blue_Baws, May 30, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My PC absolutely refuses to update or reinstall windows. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 30, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, May 30, 2021
  4. erixx Win User

My PC absolutely refuses to update or reinstall windows.

Does Windows Update Take 10GB?

Richtclick con "My PC" (Or "My desktop" and "Properties", it tells you if your system has SP1.

1) In your case, I would just reinstall al new (not update or repair), no need to killdisk.

2) Make sure your system is perfectly healthy (Device manager), if needed, install mobo, chipset and SDD drives.

3) Run Winupdate, it will install updates step by step, not 200 at once.

4) Check each step before proceding to next step. Read WinUpdate error messages early (also in Event viewer/System filter by error and warning).

erixx, May 30, 2021
Thema:

My PC absolutely refuses to update or reinstall windows.

1. My PC absolutely refuses to update or reinstall windows. - Similar Threads - absolutely refuses update

2. Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC: Title.my Pc is now constantly **** running at 9 fps thanks to the latest windows UWP update, thank you very **** much for not letting me do anything about it either; I cannot force uninstall the UWP update nor the latest windows update! It has completely **** my AMD Adrenalin...
  3. Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC: Title.my Pc is now constantly **** running at 9 fps thanks to the latest windows UWP update, thank you very **** much for not letting me do anything about it either; I cannot force uninstall the UWP update nor the latest windows update! It has completely **** my AMD Adrenalin...
  4. Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 absolutely refuses to recognize 4 SSDs as SSDs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 absolutely refuses to recognize 4 SSDs as SSDs: 4 of my 8 SSDs have their "Media type" in Defragment and Optimise Drives set to HDD. I feel like I've tried every troubleshooting step you can and I absolutely can't get it to switch to the proper media type. Tried: Get-PhysicalDisk Number FriendlyName SerialNumber...
  6. Mouse and Keyboard absolutely refuse to work after Windows loads

Mouse and Keyboard absolutely refuse to work after Windows loads: Basically, my mouse and keyboard shut down as soon as windows starts loading in. They don't work in any port, they don't work after unplugging and plugging them back in, and they don't work on safe mode. They both work fine on the BIOS and on the windows recovery screen (the...
  7. Absolutely Cannot Update Windows

Absolutely Cannot Update Windows: Hey guys, so I have been trying to upgrade to the newest version of Windows for some time now. I have tried just about every method that I feel confident in doing myself without risking harm to my computer. I am currently on Windows Version 1803. I have tried the...
  8. Windows search absolutely refuses to start.

in Cortana
    Windows search absolutely refuses to start.: Hey, I posted another question here yesterday but managed to fix it. Now, I can't solve this one, no matter what fixes I try. Windows search refuses to start and when I try to open the search settings, it just closes my settings window. I don't think it's a virus but I'm...
  9. My Windows refuses to update

My Windows refuses to update: Like the title said, my windows just refuses to update and whatever I try I can't get it to work. It started when I didn't have enough storage space for the updates, but then I deleted a lot of old and useless stuff and I have more than enough space now. Also I tried to clean...
  10. My windows is absolutely broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows is absolutely broken: So, ive tried to update my pc since the last time was 3 months ago and every time i check for updates i get an error. Ive tried the service stack and i get an error. I get an error upon error upon error and im almost about to do a true clean boot for bios settings. Im getting...