Windows 10: My pc always does a brief check disk at the start up even if it never finds an error and is...

Discus and support My pc always does a brief check disk at the start up even if it never finds an error and is... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is a newly assembled pc, with a Windows 10 fresh install. My pc components main components are:RYZEN 9 5950X 5000 SERIES VERNEER ZEN 3 16-CORE 3.4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MAXIMO R.CARDOZE M., Mar 1, 2022.

1. My pc always does a brief check disk at the start up even if it never finds an error and is...

This is a newly assembled pc, with a Windows 10 fresh install. My pc components main components are:RYZEN 9 5950X 5000 SERIES VERNEER ZEN 3 16-CORE 3.4 GHZ,ASUS TUF X570-PLUS MOBOSAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS SSD 1TBPOWER COLOR RED DEVIL AMD RADEON RX570 4GB GDDR5CORSAIR VENGEANCE MEMORY 16.O GB 2X8GB, I have gone over several websites where is advised to turn off fast power off or how to use the Command Prompt to turn off the CHKDSK at the start off, but nothing works. Nevertheless, the pc seems to be in working order.

:)

MAXIMO R.CARDOZE M., Mar 1, 2022

2. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Mar 1, 2022
  3. Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Mar 1, 2022
  4. My pc always does a brief check disk at the start up even if it never finds an error and is...

Disk

Hi,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to play a CD? Please send us a screenshot.
    • Have you tried using other disks to check if you're having the same issue?
    • What application are you using to play CDs?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button, and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Mar 1, 2022
Thema:

My pc always does a brief check disk at the start up even if it never finds an error and is...

1. My pc always does a brief check disk at the start up even if it never finds an error and is... - Similar Threads - always does brief

2. Every time i start up my pc it says: 'To skip disk checking press any key'. Even if i let...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time i start up my pc it says: 'To skip disk checking press any key'. Even if i let...: Ater the times runs out it says repairing drive C:, my windows 11 drive. I read on another thread that i should try to fix it right away but i have no clue how. help please...
  3. my disk does not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my disk does not start: I formatted my internal 14 tb disk in windows 10 as gpt, then I inserted my disk with the help of external box in windos 7, but my disk did not open, so I went to disk management in pcmanager, it said you need to initialize the disk in the meantime, I booted the disk and said...
  4. my disk does not start

my disk does not start: I formatted my internal 14 tb disk in windows 10 as gpt, then I inserted my disk with the help of external box in windos 7, but my disk did not open, so I went to disk management in pcmanager, it said you need to initialize the disk in the meantime, I booted the disk and said...
  5. My pc always does a brief check disk at the start up even if it never finds an error and is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc always does a brief check disk at the start up even if it never finds an error and is...: This is a newly assembled pc, with a Windows 10 fresh install. My pc components main components are:RYZEN 9 5950X 5000 SERIES VERNEER ZEN 3 16-CORE 3.4 GHZ,ASUS TUF X570-PLUS MOBOSAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS SSD 1TBPOWER COLOR RED DEVIL AMD RADEON RX570 4GB GDDR5CORSAIR VENGEANCE...
  6. My pc always does a brief check disk at the start up even if it never finds an error and is...

My pc always does a brief check disk at the start up even if it never finds an error and is...: This is a newly assembled pc, with a Windows 10 fresh install. My pc components main components are:RYZEN 9 5950X 5000 SERIES VERNEER ZEN 3 16-CORE 3.4 GHZ,ASUS TUF X570-PLUS MOBOSAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS SSD 1TBPOWER COLOR RED DEVIL AMD RADEON RX570 4GB GDDR5CORSAIR VENGEANCE...
  7. Disk Check appearing every time on start up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Check appearing every time on start up.: Hey so I have an Asus Vivobook and for some reason everytime I turn on my laptop, the logo appears, but then underneath this it comes up with 'to skip disk check, press any key within the next 10 seconds.' I'm not sure why it appears everytime I start up my laptop, I've let...
  8. Disk Check appearing every time on start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Check appearing every time on start up.: Hey so I have an Asus Vivobook and for some reason everytime I turn on my laptop, the logo appears, but then underneath this it comes up with 'to skip disk check, press any key within the next 10 seconds.' I'm not sure why it appears everytime I start up my laptop, I've let...
  9. Disk Check appearing every time on start up.

10. Disk check running on every start up and messing up my installation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk check running on every start up and messing up my installation.: Hello,I'm facing the issue that Windows tries to 'repair' my C: partition on every start up. Once it's done, it restarts and tries to 'repair' again... Obviously, I end up skipping it. I'm confident my drives are fine. The disk checking utility that I run from Windows itself...