Windows 10: My pc asked me to verify my microsoft account.

Discus and support My pc asked me to verify my microsoft account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After not using it for a few days, it asked me to verify my microsoft account. I was able to use cntrl alt dlt to get out and i was still logged in,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LeviCoffman1, Jun 1, 2020.

1. My pc asked me to verify my microsoft account.

After not using it for a few days, it asked me to verify my microsoft account. I was able to use cntrl alt dlt to get out and i was still logged in, and scanned for viruses. it said there were none. could there be malware?

:)

LeviCoffman1, Jun 1, 2020

2. Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account

Hello Scott,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

Microsoft account has a security feature called Trusted PC for verifying your identity automatically and performing sensitive actions.

You can mark a device as trusted just by selecting a check box. When you're prompted to enter a security code to verify your identity, select the
    I sign in frequently on this device. Don't ask me for a code. check box, and we'll no longer ask you for a code when you sign in on that device.

Here's how to mark a device as trusted:

• On the device you want to trust, go to the
      Security settings
      page and sign in to your Microsoft account.

• You'll be prompted to enter a security code. Choose whether to receive the code through email, text, or an

authenticator app
      . Once you have the code, enter it in the text box.

• Select the I sign in frequently on this device. Don't ask me for a code. check box, and then tap or click
      Submit.

Reference: Trusted devices: FAQ

If the above does not apply in your case, or if you have already tried, follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to deploy the
    Microsoft Account troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/sign-up-create-account-cant-450-LEFKPM

Method 2

If you are using a Microsoft Account, you may convert the account to a Local account and back to Microsoft account and check if you are then able to run the Windows Store app:

To convert the account, you can do the following:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under your Profile select “Switch to a local account” option.

• Enter the required details.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    In order to switch back, follow these steps:

• On the newly converted Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.

• Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

• Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.

• Click Switch.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Laptop asking to verify the account

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Method 2:

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back to Microsoft account and see if this helps in resolving the issue.

Please refer to the following steps:

From Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now you can see Sign in with a Local account instead click on it.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions by entering the password.
    Local account to Microsoft account:

• Now login with Local account.
    • Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now you can see Sign in with a Microsoft account instead click on it.
    • On next pop up enter your Microsoft account ID and password and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 1, 2020
  4. My pc asked me to verify my microsoft account.

Verifying and 'add a microsoft account'

Hello Luka,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with verification and adding a Microsoft account in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Why do I need to verify my email address?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/account-verify-id-email-address

Also, I would suggest you to switch current Microsoft User Account to Local Account and then create new user profile and then try signing into that account using your Microsoft account and check if
    that helps. Please follow the steps given below.

How to update windows Live Accounts into Local Accounts in windows 8.1

• First go to the Start Menu and start typing “Account” you will find the option “Your account settings

• Click and launch the setting page.

• Click on start menu and go to account settings.

• Go to Your accounts.

• Click “Disconnect” Windows 8.1 account settings
    Note: This will launch a prompt, you will need to confirm your current Windows Live account password. Also note by switching to your local accounts,
    you will NOT lose the settings or any files, the only advantage you will be missing out is the sync between other devices.

• Confirm switch to local Windows 8.1 accounts

• Now, create your local account password and hint.

• Switch to local Windows 8.1 accounts, confirm password
    Note: Windows will tell you in detail of what it means to switch to a local account. Read carefully if you have any concerns.

Switch to local accounts windows 8.1

That’s it, Windows will then log out the current account, and you will be able to log back in with the local accounts you have just created. All the cloud sync services will be disabled, if you changed your mind about going
    back to have a local account, you can always reconnect this local accounts to a Windows Live accounts.

How to convert Local account to Microsoft account, please follow the steps given below.

• On your keyboard press
      Win+C
      , and from the Charm bar that appears click Settings.

• Now click on Change PC settings.

• In the left pane, click on Users.

• In the right pane click on Switch to Microsoft account.

• Enter your current password and click
      next.

• If you already have a Microsoft account, enter the associated email address.

• If you already have a Microsoft account (i.e. Hotmail, Messenger, SkyDrive, Xbox, or Outlook.com account), enter your password. Otherwise, fill out the form to create your account. Click
      Next.

• Fill in the security information in order to recover your account in case of loss of password and click
      next.

• Finally, click on Finish.

• You will receive an email asking you to confirm the association of Windows 8 account. Make sure to complete the confirmation process.

• You are now connected with your Microsoft account.

• Next time when you start Windows, simply log in with your Microsoft account.
    The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

My pc asked me to verify my microsoft account.

1. My pc asked me to verify my microsoft account. - Similar Threads - asked verify microsoft

2. My windows won't let me verify my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows won't let me verify my Microsoft account: Dear reader,Recently I updated my password because I couldn't get in my outlook. Now that I can access my outlook i wanted to start up my windows and acces my Xbox game pass. It asks me to verify my account. But when i press to very it won't open up to let me verify. I got...
  3. My windows won't let me verify my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows won't let me verify my Microsoft account: Dear reader,Recently I updated my password because I couldn't get in my outlook. Now that I can access my outlook i wanted to start up my windows and acces my Xbox game pass. It asks me to verify my account. But when i press to very it won't open up to let me verify. I got...
  4. My windows won't let me verify my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account: Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-being-asked-to-verify-my-microsoft-account/4361c590-bb5b-4be4-9dcc-94150b3ee679
  6. Please don't ask me to keep verifying my account

Please don't ask me to keep verifying my account: Hi Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity, That was me using a V.P.N, But i will no longer be using sky as my address as i am changing providers in the next couple of days. So thank you for being so vigilant. But Please don't ask me to keep verifying my account as this is...
  7. Windows 10 made me verify my microsoft account

Windows 10 made me verify my microsoft account: I still have the same computer and it made me verify my account and re setup my PIN to login. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-made-me-verify-my-microsoft-account/c7861b15-36be-4ed0-a3c3-ee4dcb63ba91"
  8. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify my identity for my Microsoft account: I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now. --- How do I do that? Everything else is the same as far as I know. Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out. My Windows version number is 1903...
  9. Verify my Microsoft Account

Verify my Microsoft Account: I work on two identical computers, main one at home, the other at work. Both under the same Microsoft Account (same email and account password) Now - The one at work asks me to Verify my account. The email address shown is wrong (must be an old/first try one) ... and ......
  10. Microsoft account keeps asking to verify

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account keeps asking to verify: About every 12 to 24 hours, a notification appears in the bottom right of my screen to verify my identity. If I click it, it leads me to the picture below. I have done this 10 times. Any ides? 26180