Windows 10: My PC attacked by .REFOLS ransoware virus. Please help me

Discus and support My PC attacked by .REFOLS ransoware virus. Please help me in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When i found that my PC automatically install malware. I disconnected from internet. But half of my file get encrypted. How can I remove it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nithyananthankrishnan, Apr 5, 2019.

1. My PC attacked by .REFOLS ransoware virus. Please help me

My PC attacked by .REFOLS ransoware virus. Please help me 1b43447d-803b-4e1b-a2ca-19dea24e406f?upload=true.jpg

When i found that my PC automatically install malware. I disconnected from internet. But half of my file get encrypted. How can I remove it

QUESTION 1: is any chance to remove ransomware virus by format only C:/ drive or i need to clean install OS.

:)

nithyananthankrishnan, Apr 5, 2019
  2. somnathpc Win User

Virus Attack

my pc virus attack

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

somnathpc, Apr 5, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Ransomware attack in Windows 1809 - Please help

It is nearly impossible to figure out or many businesses with IT depts. that get hit, just pay. As your friend suggested, you are VERY lucky that everything except your OS was not encrypted, which happened to me. As 'PrivacyFreak suggested, save those files, someone will eventually make a decryption key. If you already have them backed up, skip them in the next step.
    Disconnect from the internet, back up your data to external drive(s). Then do a full, clean install incl letting Windows repartition to one space (pay attention to Steps 10 and 11). This is the ONLY 100% guaranteed way to remove any and all ransomware or virus present (a Repair install will retain them). When finished, you can create a new D partition/drive and restore your data. Good Luck. - Clean Install Windows 10

If Windows Defender is your only AV, you can enhance ransomware coverage by enabling Controlled Folder Access which blocks untrusted apps from accessing your This PC folders. May be a pain to whitelist, as you go along but you shouldn't have too many programs not recognized by Defender - https://winaero.com/blog/controlled-...ss-windows-10/

mrgeek, Apr 5, 2019
  4. My PC attacked by .REFOLS ransoware virus. Please help me

Windows 10 upgrade with virus attacks

This isn't a question - just a statement. Since my download and install of Windows 10 I'm continually (every couple hours) getting blasted with attacks of the Trojan.Dropper virus. Thankfully my Norton Security is detecting and blocking it. But I
    didn't see this listed as a feature of the software when I downloaded it. My PC attacked by .REFOLS ransoware virus. Please help me :) I'd like Microsoft to know about this so if someone out there with more knowledge that me could forward it to them, I'd appreciate it. It really isn't a problem, just unsettling
    getting these attack messages all the time. Before this I'd get maybe 3 virus messages a year let alone a day.

GeorgeZiatts, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

My PC attacked by .REFOLS ransoware virus. Please help me

1. My PC attacked by .REFOLS ransoware virus. Please help me - Similar Threads - attacked REFOLS ransoware

2. virus please help me

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus please help me: VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D , this appeared on my computer I don't know what to do I can't remove it when I try it appears again it says it's a serious threat can anyone help?...
  3. Please Help Me Delete This Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help Me Delete This Virus: Pls help me, i've accidentally downloaded a Virus and i can't delete it, if you need to contact me directly my discord account is "giakohi123#7530" and my gmail is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"My computer has a virus called 9BC8 that has this message whenever...
  4. virus on my pc . please help me . files type is reqg

virus on my pc . please help me . files type is reqg: hi guys and microsoft . im mohammad mahdi heydari fard from iran . i have leptop . my laptop is using windows 10 64x I was playing game . and game lag .im restarted my pc for high speed . my lock screen changed I did not care much . and all desktops icons is paper icon white...
  5. virus on my pc . please help me .

virus on my pc . please help me .: hi guys and microsoft . im mohammad mahdi heydari fard from iran . i have leptop . my laptop is using windows 10 64x I was playing game . and game lag .im restarted my pc for high speed . my lock screen changed I did not care much . and all desktops icons is paper icon white...
  6. please help me with this virus

please help me with this virus: So recently i have been getting a notification on windows defender about it blocking something about 2-3 times a day. So than I installed Malawarebytes and got rid of most of the stuff but theres this one thing that keeps re appearing.I have no idea how i got it and theres...
  7. Virus Check - Please Help Me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virus Check - Please Help Me: [ATTACH] So, I saw that alot of my ram and cpu was being taken up, so I decided to check my task manager to see what was happening. Aside from Chrome, this program was taking up alot of memory, then it dropped as soon as I was taking a screenshot. I was wondering is this a...
  8. Please help!!! Virus attack from winrar download :(((

Please help!!! Virus attack from winrar download :(((: Hi. I need help!!! I downloaded a version of WinRaR from PB and it contained a virus. As soon as it launched, it completely erased Windows Defender. I can't initiate Windows Defender at all. It basically doesn't exist. On the "Security at a Glance" page, there is nothing....
  9. Virus - HELP ME PLEASE!

Virus - HELP ME PLEASE!: Virus - HELP ME PLEASE! Having a very stressful time - so I realised on my dell laptop using alt and tab to switch there were windows open which I couldn’t access that had red blue and yellow flag and was slowing down my pc as they kept re-emerging. I opened up task manger...
  10. My PC attack .mogranos Ransomeware | Please Help

My PC attack .mogranos Ransomeware | Please Help: Yesterday My PC attack .mogranos ransomeware virus, So I can't access any file, all files are encrypted. Please help me. I got a message, please read and solve. 3 times I connect microsoft technician through quick assist, this is my case ID : 1479232418 but they fail for...