Windows 10: My PC audio is not working anymore

Discus and support My PC audio is not working anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I have a Gigabyte Motherboard which is quite a few years old.The audio was working fine 2 days ago, but now it will not play audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alfred 56, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Alfred 56 Win User

My PC audio is not working anymore

Hi everyone,I have a Gigabyte Motherboard which is quite a few years old.The audio was working fine 2 days ago, but now it will not play audio anymore.Today I noticed that there is a white X on a red circle background over the speaker icon. When I right click the speaker icon it shows "speaker setupUNKNOWN"I spent many hours so far on this to no avail.Here is my setup:Motherboard: Gigabyte X48-DQ6 Firmware F8DWindows version: Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.9851 I went into bios and verified that Azalia Codec was set to Auto.2 Then I disabled it, re-enabled it, still no audio.3

:)

Alfred 56, Jun 1, 2021

2. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 1, 2021
  3. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jun 1, 2021
  4. My PC audio is not working anymore

Realtek Audio Console does not work anymore

Greetings,

After a recent windows update, I don't know exactly which one, Realtek Audio Console stopped working, it takes about one minute loading, than a message is displayed "Cannot connect to RPC service." I'm currently unable
    to configure some sound features like 5.1 and 7.1 sound.

My computer also had another audio control software installed, called Nahimic, but I have removed it, because I don't use it anymore, since it not always work properly.

I've also tried the steps from another thread "Realtek Audio Console not opening. Gives error "Cannot connect to RPC service.", the software worked until I restarted my PC, and does not work anymore.

I hope someone can help have this problem sorted out.

Regards,

Daniel Almeida

Daniel_Almeida92, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

My PC audio is not working anymore

1. My PC audio is not working anymore - Similar Threads - audio working anymore

2. None of my audio jacks on my pc work anymore.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    None of my audio jacks on my pc work anymore.: so i have a problem where none of my audio jacks work anymore. i left my pc on all night and woke up to this, like when i plug in headphones nothings happens and windows does not pick it up, also there are new audio devices in my playback devices that i have not added that...
  3. Why my PC isn't working anymore ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my PC isn't working anymore ?: I had the wonderful idea of upgrading my PC to Windows 10, I was impressed with the upgrade and I have absolutely no problems, the PC booted several times while upgrading which appears to be normal and at the end it finished with no error or warning messages. I worked on the...
  4. Why my PC isn't working anymore ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my PC isn't working anymore ?: I had the wonderful idea of upgrading my PC to Windows 10, I was impressed with the upgrade and I have absolutely no problems, the PC booted several times while upgrading which appears to be normal and at the end it finished with no error or warning messages. I worked on the...
  5. Windows doesn't work on my PC anymore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows doesn't work on my PC anymore: Hello,i'm on Windows 10. Basically, it's been a years since all my apps from the Microsoft Store started not working, crashing and now just being greyed out and impossible to launch. It didn't really bother me since it was just apps like Mail, Calculator, Netflix. When apps...
  6. Windows doesn't work on my PC anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't work on my PC anymore: Hello,i'm on Windows 10. Basically, it's been a years since all my apps from the Microsoft Store started not working, crashing and now just being greyed out and impossible to launch. It didn't really bother me since it was just apps like Mail, Calculator, Netflix. When apps...
  7. Windows doesn't work on my PC anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. my pc audio is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc audio is not working: my pc audio system is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-audio-is-not-working/491694f4-a3a6-4042-918a-6bfa4c026017
  9. Audio is not working on my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio is not working on my PC: So I have a pc and the audio is not working when using a heaphone jack. Both the front end and rear do not work. However, If I use wireless, the audio works. I did a reset on my computer where it keeps the data but resets everything else. I have looked online for everything...
  10. updated my pc, not working anymore!

in Windows 10 Support
    updated my pc, not working anymore!: I can turn on my pc, but I cant get into safe mode or normal mode, safe mode I just get a black screen, if I move the mouse a little bit, I can see the cursor, I tried to type the password blind but that didnt work. Normal mode I just see my background picture, date and time,...