Windows 10: my pc awake after sleep or hibernation

Discus and support my pc awake after sleep or hibernation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello.I have two annoying problems about one year ago. 1)My laptop awake every day at 3:00 am!!!.I checked automatic maintenance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by vasilisnikolo, Feb 8, 2019.

1. my pc awake after sleep or hibernation

Hello.I have two annoying problems about one year ago.

1)My laptop awake every day at 3:00 am!!!.I checked automatic maintenance and for sure i set at 12 noon and uncheck option '' allow to awake pc the spesific time''.But the problem remain.

2)Also i notice that the maintenance run different time than i am set up.Every idea what is happened?

After searching in internet i see that may be the first problem happened because the connecting external hdd or the usb stick of my mouse ''push'' my laptop to awake.i don't if that is that true ,but if it is so what can i do?

:)

vasilisnikolo, Feb 8, 2019

2. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Feb 8, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Feb 8, 2019
  4. claylomax Win User

my pc awake after sleep or hibernation

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

my pc awake after sleep or hibernation

1. my pc awake after sleep or hibernation - Similar Threads - awake sleep hibernation

2. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  3. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  4. Sleep to "kinda awake."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  5. Sleep to "kinda awake."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  6. awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    awake from sleep: I am all set thank goodness. I used command prompt to find what was waking my desktop.. Why ae there so many places where one can check or uncheck awaking the desktop from sleep. There are places in device manager, and places in power management along with others. When the pc...
  7. After monitor sleep awake, everything is frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    After monitor sleep awake, everything is frozen: Hello all, recently I'm experiencing this problem in my Windows 10: When I wake up my PC from monitor screen (which is set for 3 minutes), everything is frozen - I type, it doesn't type, I move my mouse, nothing moves and then later after few seconds, minutes or too much...
  8. [BSOD] Cannot awake the laptop after sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [BSOD] Cannot awake the laptop after sleeping: Whenever I sleep my computer, there is a chance that I cannot wake it again. I open the computer lid and the power button lights up, but the screen is still dark. After a considerable length of time, the computer reboots itself. Here are the Mindmps files and MSinfo...
  9. awake from hibernate mode on Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    awake from hibernate mode on Laptop: So, I just got a new laptop, it seems in my settings, that windows by default will go into hibernate mode after 180 minutes, which is fine, however I am using my laptop as a desktop machine mainly, and it's inside a small compartment, and the only way to wake it is to try and...
  10. After awake my PC from sleep... Both Monitors show No Signal, but PC L

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    After awake my PC from sleep... Both Monitors show No Signal, but PC L: After awake my PC from sleep... Both Monitors show No Signal, but PC LEDs are ON, and PC is working, and also CDROM drive can ejected... I use hard shutdown [5-sec press ON button] and restarted OK... what the reason of this? the graphics card? 107394

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is a windows pc awake in hibernate