Windows 10: My PC becomes unresponsive any help?

Discus and support My PC becomes unresponsive any help? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sawyerN, Jul 13, 2020.

1. sawyerN Win User

My PC becomes unresponsive any help?

So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I paly a high-performance game my screen will freeze on that game and if I manage to Alt + Tab out the other windows are also unresponsive. Like I said this is all new for me, I don't have any windows updates, I checked as I am typing this, I'm up to date on all drivers and bios updates I'm not sure what could be causing this problem.I've also tried to use compressed air to get all the dust out so it wasn't overheating either! Heres my specs

MotherBoard Ram SSD CPU GPU PowerSupply HDD

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

:)

sawyerN, Jul 13, 2020

2. Programs become unresponsive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both with different results.

Step 1: Safe Mode:

This seemed to work and I could save a file in Word without the program becoming "Unresponsive".

Step 2: Clean Boot:

This did not work and Word would become unresponsive when trying to save a file.

I did notice another odd thing. It seems that sometimes (not often) Word would work the first time I used it If I close it and reopened it the unresponsive behavior returned. I tried opening Word several time but it remained unresponsive.

This is very frustrating as I use Word daily.

RobertAAult, Jul 13, 2020
  3. My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

The next step is to eliminate the errors on your device that's causing it to freeze or become unresponsive. To do this, we suggest that you run
    DISM to restore any corrupted or missing components on your device. For a step-by-step guide, click this

link
    and refer to the article of ZigZag3143, skip the
    SFC
    scan and proceed to DISM.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jul 13, 2020
  4. ZarynDunn Win User

Samsung Ativ Se screen becoming unresponsive upon wakeup?

• Yes. The screen becomes unresponsive to touch.
    • No
    • Yes I do have some but I don't see how they could cause this issue.

ZarynDunn, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. My PC becomes unresponsive any help? - Similar Threads - becomes unresponsive help

2. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  3. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  4. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer becoming unresponsive

Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  6. PC Black screening and becoming unresponsive

PC Black screening and becoming unresponsive: Hello, My PC has been black screening for awhile during games and I don't know the solution. It does this during games, but windows also sometimes becomes unresponsive in which the only solution is to manually turn off the PC. I'm using an Inno3d RTX 3070 chill x3, a ryzen...
  7. Applications becoming unresponsive

Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  8. PC becomes unresponsive

PC becomes unresponsive: My computer randomly becomes unresponsive, the mouse locks up, the audio drops out, and the machine itself makes a buzzing/grinding noise not from the speakers. Without any user input the machine corrects itself and goes back to normal operation. I have updated my drivers,...
  9. PC becomes unresponsive, any help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC becomes unresponsive, any help?: So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I paly a high-performance game my screen will freeze on that game and if I manage to Alt + Tab out the other windows are also...
  10. PC becomes unresponsive?

PC becomes unresponsive?: So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I paly a high-performance game my screen will freeze on that game and if I manage to Alt + Tab out the other windows are also...