Windows 10: My PC boots and gives me black screen

Discus and support My PC boots and gives me black screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently installed the latest windows update. I restarted my computer and when it booted I got a black screen when it was updating my PC. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Morgster_1, Dec 26, 2019.

1. My PC boots and gives me black screen

Hello, I recently installed the latest windows update. I restarted my computer and when it booted I got a black screen when it was updating my PC. I then went into safe mode and tried everything there and it still didn't work. I had the last option of reset. This worked and I now had a working pc. I downloaded everything back and turned off my pc to go get some food. I came back and turned on my PC to windows updating. It updated my pc and restarted it when the update was finished. And then I was back to step 1 with a black screen again. I think this is a major windows bug, but if anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks

:)

Morgster_1, Dec 26, 2019

2. Black screen with no spinning dots when booting the PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC as it is stuck at black screen.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Refer the section I see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10
    from the article
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Method 2:

Try booting the PC to safe mode and check. Refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 26, 2019
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Dec 26, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

My PC boots and gives me black screen

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

My PC boots and gives me black screen

1. My PC boots and gives me black screen - Similar Threads - boots black screen

2. My pc shut off randomly with or withour stress and give me black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc shut off randomly with or withour stress and give me black screen: Hi so my issue is i bought a gaming pc about 5 months ago .. the pc keep crashing at random times idk why like sometimes i use for 16 hours nothing happens and sometimes under hour at crashes a coulple times what's bothering me there no specific situation that always...
  3. My pc shut off randomly with or withour stress and give me black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc shut off randomly with or withour stress and give me black screen: Hi so my issue is i bought a gaming pc about 5 months ago .. the pc keep crashing at random times idk why like sometimes i use for 16 hours nothing happens and sometimes under hour at crashes a coulple times what's bothering me there no specific situation that always...
  4. My PC keeps giving me a blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps giving me a blue screen: My PC has been crashing randomly and I cant find what the problem is. I completely wiped my hard drive and that didn't work, I even cleared my bios and that didn't help either. Here is the log-SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎11/‎22/‎2022 7:57 PMStatusNot...
  5. My PC keeps giving me a blue screen

My PC keeps giving me a blue screen: My PC has been crashing randomly and I cant find what the problem is. I completely wiped my hard drive and that didn't work, I even cleared my bios and that didn't help either. Here is the log-SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎11/‎22/‎2022 7:57 PMStatusNot...
  6. Windows gives me black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows gives me black screen: Im with windows 11 and when i try to focus in one app it goes black for a second and my laptop freezes, after that second it goes back but its very annoying since it happens with every app, even with windows modules as the search bar, i try to open chrome, black screen and...
  7. Windows gives me black screen

Windows gives me black screen: Im with windows 11 and when i try to focus in one app it goes black for a second and my laptop freezes, after that second it goes back but its very annoying since it happens with every app, even with windows modules as the search bar, i try to open chrome, black screen and...
  8. Booting with USB gives black screen UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting with USB gives black screen UEFI: Hi, I´ve been trying to install WIndows 11 for 5 hours and this is my last hope. The problem appears when I try to use a usb to run the Windows installation, it just gives me a black screen and restarts forever in a loop except in a case I´ll cover later. While my installed...
  9. Booting with USB gives black screen UEFI

Booting with USB gives black screen UEFI: Hi, I´ve been trying to install WIndows 11 for 5 hours and this is my last hope. The problem appears when I try to use a usb to run the Windows installation, it just gives me a black screen and restarts forever in a loop except in a case I´ll cover later. While my installed...
  10. Pc boots to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc boots to black screen: When I start my pc, all i see is a black screen without a cursor that never goes away. The keyboard connected to the pc lights up. I have tried to reset the CMOS but that didn't help....