Windows 10: My PC boots to this black screen with cursor.

Discus and support My PC boots to this black screen with cursor. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need help, what do I do, I just booted up my PC, it runs Windows 10, and after the HP logo goes away, the lock screen doesn't appear, instead it's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FlubberGaming05, May 21, 2020.

1. My PC boots to this black screen with cursor.

I need help, what do I do, I just booted up my PC, it runs Windows 10, and after the HP logo goes away, the lock screen doesn't appear, instead it's a black screen, I can move my cursor around, but that's it, can't do anything, Is this a fix for this issue without reinstalling Windows and keeping my files? Please help. Thanks

submitted by /u/FlubberGaming05
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FlubberGaming05, May 21, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, May 21, 2020
  3. Black screen with cursor.

Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should do plz suggest me.
    Thank u in advance.

prajwaldes, May 21, 2020
  4. BetsyCole Win User

My PC boots to this black screen with cursor.

Black screen with flashing cursor

Two weeks ago I had to delete and reload Windows 10. A few days ago my screen suddenly went black with the blinking cursor in the top left hand corner.

I can only do a hard reboot, and when I do, on my screen I briefly get the Dell logo with
    F2 Set Up / F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Then it quickly reverts to a black screen with blinking cursor. Pressing either of the F2 /F12 keys has no effect.

I have attempted to do a hard boot 3 & 4 times in succession but it always comes back to the black screen with blinking cursor.

No sticky key combinations that I have seen mentioned on the Community page work at all. I'm stuck on the black screen with cursor.

Any suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BetsyCole, May 21, 2020
Thema:

My PC boots to this black screen with cursor.

1. My PC boots to this black screen with cursor. - Similar Threads - boots black screen

2. Pc black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc black screen with cursor: I accidentally unplugged my pc it either shows “please waiting” on a loop or a black screen with a cursor when I turn on my pc. And don’t say I can use my keyboard to type in ctrl alt delete etc because I can’t my keyboard is a 60% so I don’t know what to do please help....
  3. Pc screen is black with a cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc screen is black with a cursor: I just recently built a new pc, and im trying to log into the computer, after doing so there is a black screen with the cursor showing. There isnt even a task bar. I tried hard restarting, and I also tried restarting system.exe. Troubleshooting didn’t even work. I used CMD...
  4. Black screen with cursor after booting up pc to an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor after booting up pc to an update: I am going to say now my windows is not activated. I tried running explorer.exe and ending the task but the black screen was still there. I tried rolling back my displaying adapter and unstalling it, did nothing. I havent installed any third party malware protection. I cant...
  5. PC booting to a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC booting to a black screen with cursor: Hey, My PC was working fine yesterday night as it installed the latest update. This morning however I cannot access anything anymore. As soon as it boots I don't see the login screen but go directly to a black screen where I can move my cursor. I've been googling around...
  6. PC boots up into a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boots up into a black screen with cursor: I recently began having problems booting up. The pc starts up on a black screen where nothing works except win+p. I also got another error saying that the boot partition is missing. Is there a way of fixing this without losing any data?...
  7. My pc is stuck at Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    My pc is stuck at Black screen with cursor: Hello There Everyone. I shutdown my pc yesterday after work after 12 hours i open it but i am stuck with black screen. I tried my steps to open it but it dosen't work. Steps i did *i tried to startup repair on advance menu *i have reset the pc ( its says problem occured)...
  8. PC won’t boot to Windows 10, black screen with cursor

PC won’t boot to Windows 10, black screen with cursor: I have two monitors plugged into my PC, one in the GPU and one using the motherboard. Today, my monitor plugged in the motherboard went completely pixelated randomly and froze my computer so I held down the power button. When I turned it on, I got a windows blue screen...
  9. Booting to black screen with cursor

Booting to black screen with cursor: Hello and thank you all for any help or ideas. In general, on startup my computer is 'scanning and repairing' drives, then booting into a black screen with cursor. I don't have a pc easily available to install usb boot programs but have tried a couple thus far. Refreshing or...
  10. Windows boots to black screen, no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots to black screen, no cursor: Windows 10 Prof x64 Sager Laptop, i7 NVidia 980M<br /><br /> This morning I resumed my computer back from sleep and different programs started hanging. So, I decided to restart. I restarted my computer and it stayed on the restart screen for ages, like 30 minutes. So I...