Windows 10: My PC boots up only on second attempt.

Discus and support My PC boots up only on second attempt. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hy I have weird problem. Every time I turn on my pc It shuts down when windows logo shows up. No bips and errors. Press power button again and my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by calvooo, Aug 19, 2015.

1. calvooo Win User

My PC boots up only on second attempt.

Hy
    I have weird problem. Every time I turn on my pc It shuts down when windows logo shows up. No bips and errors.
    Press power button again and my pc boot up with no problem. Any idea where is the problem? I try almost everything..
    -replace cmos battery
    -replace power switch button
    -try another PSU
    -try to boot up without dvd rom
    -check my motherboard for any problems
    -hardware seems to be connected fine.

This problem starts a week ago, and my temps are normal. CPU 36-41C on idle, GPU 35C, HDD 39C.

:)

calvooo, Aug 19, 2015

2. windows 10 only boots on second time

Every time i start my pc it gets stuck at the loading circular thing and i have to turn it off using the tower button then turn it back on and it almost always boots on the second time.

Any way to solve this?

I thried ctrl+shift+Esc > startup and disabled a few things, still not sure what IAStorlcon (4) is

or Deltalltray

joe1234555, Aug 19, 2015
  3. windows 10 only boots on second time

Thanks Joe.

My windows update has started downloading "Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586". I think I will wait for that installation and see what happens thereafter.

Eddie EMY-Lynx, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

My PC boots up only on second attempt.

1. My PC boots up only on second attempt. - Similar Threads - boots second attempt

2. Screwed up my PC, won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screwed up my PC, won't boot: After reading this you'll probably think I am super dumb. To start off, I wanted to be able to dual boot a Linux OS and my Windows 10 on my PC. I downloaded the ISO and used the Win32 tool to put it on my USB and make it bootable. Changed boot order in firmware settings and...
  3. My PC Does Not Boot Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC Does Not Boot Up: I have a Casper i3 PC and had Windows 7 Operating System. I decided to upgrade my os and set up Windows 10. At first everything seemed OK, but suddenly my PC shut down (Probably because of a batterry issue). After that point I could not boot my PC up for two times, and at the...
  4. My PC Does Not Boot Up

My PC Does Not Boot Up: I have a Casper i3 PC and had Windows 7 Operating System. I decided to upgrade my os and set up Windows 10. At first everything seemed OK, but suddenly my PC shut down (Probably because of a batterry issue). After that point I could not boot my PC up for two times, and at the...
  5. My pc isn’t booting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc isn’t booting up: When i turn my pc on it stars to load then i get an error message .0xc00000e9 and wont boot windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-pc-isnt-booting-up/826f3c98-9bbc-4717-bfbe-d07ac02e17f3
  6. PC only shuts down on a second try

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC only shuts down on a second try: Hello, I posted here yesterday asking for help on a similar problem yesterday: GPU keeps working (fans spinning) for a few seconds after shutdown - Windows 10 Forums Basically, what happens now is as follows: When I press shutdown from start menu and the PC screen goes...
  7. Attempted 8.1/10 dual boot, only boots to 10

Attempted 8.1/10 dual boot, only boots to 10: I followed the How To Geek's guide on how to dual boot - sort of. I was unable to shrink my Win 8.1 boot partition in disk manager- it kept telling me my disk didn't have enough free space, in spite of the fact that it should have had plenty. Win 8.1 is installed on my...
  8. My PC will not boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    My PC will not boot up: Yesterday I received an error message "Your PC ran into a problem.....Needs to restart. After several attempts, I ran SFC\Scannow and received the message "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". I am running Windows 10.0.10586. I ran...
  9. PC doesn't boot into Windows on 1st attempt

in Windows 10 Support
    PC doesn't boot into Windows on 1st attempt: Hi all, I'm new to this forum and have the problem of only booting into Windows at the 2nd attempt. My system is home built, the boot drive being a Samsung 850 EVO series m.2 SSD. Win 10 was installed via USB, the ssd being the only installed drive. Installation was very...
  10. My HP PC Won't Boot Up

in Windows 10 Support
    My HP PC Won't Boot Up: My Hp laptop was upgraded to win 10 last week. The hard drive in the laptop was always stuffing up. basically, everytime windows booted up, it would do a countdown from 8 seconds. if you didn't press a key within that time period, the computer would try to 'repair' the drive....