Windows 10: My PC boots up to a black screen upon starting

Discus and support My PC boots up to a black screen upon starting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i am running a thinkpad E330 edge with an intel core i5-3230m processor with Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics and 4 gigabytes of ram.My pc was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J4koXD, Jul 20, 2021.

1. J4koXD Win User

My PC boots up to a black screen upon starting

Hi, i am running a thinkpad E330 edge with an intel core i5-3230m processor with Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics and 4 gigabytes of ram.My pc was being unresponsive and laggy of course it would witht he specs i specificed earlier, so I decided to do a force shutdown. mainly because i had no other choice but to, it just wasn't working at all, none of it.And when i booted it up again, the hdd started making clicking noisesAnd after that short screen that tells me "press enter to interupt normal startup" i don't know what else to call it it booted into a blank screen. Nothing.No windows logo

:)

J4koXD, Jul 20, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Black screen with no spinning dots when booting the PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC as it is stuck at black screen.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Refer the section I see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10
    from the article
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Method 2:

Try booting the PC to safe mode and check. Refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 20, 2021
  4. My PC boots up to a black screen upon starting

Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

My PC boots up to a black screen upon starting

1. My PC boots up to a black screen upon starting - Similar Threads - boots black screen

2. Computer stuck on black screen upon start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on black screen upon start up: I use an old Windows 7 computer to mainly game on.. but I moved to a new house & was trying to connect to wifi & couldn’t access the option to connect wirelessly so I ran into a thread on here with directions that would reset the network system & upon doing that, I now get a...
  3. Computer stuck on black screen upon start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck on black screen upon start up: I use an old Windows 7 computer to mainly game on.. but I moved to a new house & was trying to connect to wifi & couldn’t access the option to connect wirelessly so I ran into a thread on here with directions that would reset the network system & upon doing that, I now get a...
  4. Pc freezes, then screen goes black but pc stays on while gaming and upon starting up gets...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes, then screen goes black but pc stays on while gaming and upon starting up gets...: My pc is new, it’s about 3 and half months old. I started having this problem at the beginning of September of this year. Whenever I run a game that has high graphics ex. fortnite, persona 5, my computer does what I explained in the title. There are different variations of...
  5. Pc freezes, then screen goes black but pc stays on while gaming and upon starting up gets...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freezes, then screen goes black but pc stays on while gaming and upon starting up gets...: My pc is new, it’s about 3 and half months old. I started having this problem at the beginning of September of this year. Whenever I run a game that has high graphics ex. fortnite, persona 5, my computer does what I explained in the title. There are different variations of...
  6. Black screen after booting up PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen after booting up PC: Had a game open on afk, went to check on it and my PC froze. I restarted and then it did an update and then it all went downhill. After booting up it goes straight into a black screen were I can still move the cursor but nothing else. Then after a couple minutes, it takes me...
  7. Blue Screen upon start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen upon start up: Upon startup I receive a blue screen telling me there is a problem and Microsoft is gathering information. There is a problem with "memory management" I have only used 17% why is this happening??...
  8. My PC starts up to a black screen with a curser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC starts up to a black screen with a curser: I get a the ‘Microsoft corporation’ loading bar but after that it’s just a black background. I can’t get to task manager or anything. Any ideas? I tried startup repair but it didn’t work. On a side note my Malwarebytes trial ran out. Is there anything comparable to it?...
  9. Black screen upon starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen upon starting: Hi people, i updated my laptop with recent update 1903, it was working fine until today. Its battery depleted completely today and after a while i put it on charging. But when i tried to start it, it just became black screen with nothing and caps lock key blinking...
  10. Black Screen upon booting up periodically - the login page not loading

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen upon booting up periodically - the login page not loading: Black screen on booting up. Description, I press the power button to boot the laptop. It acts like it will boot fine. I see the ASUS logo. After that, a black screen(sometimes it will go away - 90% of the time, I have to force shutdown and hold down power button 30-60...