Windows 10: My pc broke down

Discus and support My pc broke down in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When i was loading up my computer this morning it kept freezing. I tried multiple things to restart, none worked. I hard rebooted ny pc and tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by joshuadrummond, Jan 16, 2019.

1. My pc broke down

When i was loading up my computer this morning it kept freezing. I tried multiple things to restart, none worked. I hard rebooted ny pc and tried to factory reset it. It was reseting fine but 11% in it stopped responding. I couldnt do anything than my power ran out.

Now when i load my pc it takes 8mins and sends me to an offset account called administrator without desktop.exe and explorer.exe.

i now am only able to get it to the f2 and f12 screens and cant reboot it.

What can i do to fix it without having to buy another copy of windows or sending it to be fixed.

:)

joshuadrummond, Jan 16, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 16, 2019
  4. My pc broke down

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

My pc broke down

1. My pc broke down - Similar Threads - broke down

2. Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced: I purchased a new copy of windows over the official store last year. After not even one year my motherboard broke down.Now I tried to reactivate my windows installation, but it always fails.I get the expected error message of "Windows reported that the hardware of your device...
  3. Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced: I purchased a new copy of windows over the official store last year. After not even one year my motherboard broke down.Now I tried to reactivate my windows installation, but it always fails.I get the expected error message of "Windows reported that the hardware of your device...
  4. Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Our laptop totally broke down, It says our pin douse not work anymore, what should we do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our laptop totally broke down, It says our pin douse not work anymore, what should we do?: Okay, so what happened is, me and my friend were just playing with our windows laptop when we tried to make the keyboards have light. My friend searched up how to do so but somehow got the laptop to totally break down. Our pin is just wrong now and we clicked use Microsoft...
  6. Our laptop totally broke down, It says our pin douse not work anymore, what should we do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Our laptop totally broke down, It says our pin douse not work anymore, what should we do?: Okay, so what happened is, me and my friend were just playing with our windows laptop when we tried to make the keyboards have light. My friend searched up how to do so but somehow got the laptop to totally break down. Our pin is just wrong now and we clicked use Microsoft...
  7. Our laptop totally broke down, It says our pin douse not work anymore, what should we do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Old PC with Windows 10 Pro broke down, can I reinstall the same product key to a new PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Old PC with Windows 10 Pro broke down, can I reinstall the same product key to a new PC?: Old PC with Windows 10 Pro broke down, can I reinstall the same product key to a new PC?Bought a retail license from a computer store. What are the steps needed to unlink/unregister the license from the old broken down PC and reinstall to the new one? The old PC won't power...
  9. computer broke down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    computer broke down: i use windows 10 and the following errors occured: camera fails to work wifi connection disappeared sound refuses to work multiple apps dont want to open microsoft subscriptions dont recognize me windows reinstall while keeping files has an error there may be more but im not...
  10. Windows 10 broke down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 broke down: Dear People, My Windows 10 asks me for Activation of Windows in order to clear up desktop and start working normally. Please take a look at screenshots. I can open icons regularly but I can not open new tabs or the old ones anymore. If there is a solution for this problem...