Windows 10: My PC can't recognize any of my audio devices.

Discus and support My PC can't recognize any of my audio devices. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have several Audio devices connected to my PC, including headphones, but none of them work for some reason. I tried contacting a Microsoft support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AustinSween, Dec 26, 2018.

1. My PC can't recognize any of my audio devices.

I have several Audio devices connected to my PC, including headphones, but none of them work for some reason. I tried contacting a Microsoft support person, and they told me to upgrade to Windows 10. So I did. I upgraded to Windows 10, and absolutely nothing had changed. My audio devices were still not being recognized. Can anyone please help?

:)

AustinSween, Dec 26, 2018

2. We can't find an audio device for your PC.

Hi,

I suggest you run the sound troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on top left pane.
    • Click on Playing audio from the list and follow the on-screen prompt for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Audio device issue

Hi Venu,

Incompatible audio device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. First, uninstall the audio driver, then follow these steps to resolve the issue:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Dec 26, 2018
  4. My PC can't recognize any of my audio devices.

Windows not recognizing motherboard audio device

If the HD Audio device only appears in Device Manager as a Hidden Device (it displays with a transparent icon) then, yes, Windows is not detecting the device. Could be the chip failed. But here's a trick that sometimes works....

HD audio connects like this:Windows <===> HD Audio Controller <=======> HD Audio Device
    Your HD audio device connects downstream to an Audio Controller. Sometimes the controller needs to be reset.

Look in Device Manager under System Devices. Do you find a device named something like "High Def Audio Controller" or "Realtek HD Audio Controller"?
    • If not there, it's the controller that failed
    • If you find the HD audio controller:
      • Right click it, select Uninstall. If asked, do not choose to delete driver files.
      • Reboot. The driver will reinstall and the audio controller will attempt to re-detect the HD audio device. Does it find it this time?

If that doesn't work, i'd also check if any BIOS updates.

ComputerGeek, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

My PC can't recognize any of my audio devices.

1. My PC can't recognize any of my audio devices. - Similar Threads - can't recognize audio

2. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.: I have a 'HP PAVILION' laptop with windows 10, had it for almost 4 years now and i never ran into this issue. the audio jack port doesn't recognize any headset or cabled earphones the sound works perfectly with bluetooth devices, even when i plug them in my pc doesn't...
  3. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.: I have a 'HP PAVILION' laptop with windows 10, had it for almost 4 years now and i never ran into this issue. the audio jack port doesn't recognize any headset or cabled earphones the sound works perfectly with bluetooth devices, even when i plug them in my pc doesn't...
  4. My computer can connect with my device, recognize that the device is an audio device, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer can connect with my device, recognize that the device is an audio device, but...: I have a pair of Bluetooth earbuds that I have used for about a year, with no issues. While I was watching videos on my laptop my audio cut out. Checking the audio on the quick access bar at the bottom of the screen showed that I didn't have an audio device...
  5. My computer can connect with my device, recognize that the device is an audio device, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer can connect with my device, recognize that the device is an audio device, but...: I have a pair of Bluetooth earbuds that I have used for about a year, with no issues. While I was watching videos on my laptop my audio cut out. Checking the audio on the quick access bar at the bottom of the screen showed that I didn't have an audio device...
  6. My computer can connect with my device, recognize that the device is an audio device, but...

7. My PC will no longer recognize audio input from any of my headsets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC will no longer recognize audio input from any of my headsets: I am hoping somebody will be able to help me with this issue. I have tried many of the solutions posted online for this, yet it has only exacerbated the issue. What started with one device has now become an issue with multiple.I have a gaming headset which I have been using...
  8. My PC will no longer recognize audio input from any of my headsets

My PC will no longer recognize audio input from any of my headsets: I am hoping somebody will be able to help me with this issue. I have tried many of the solutions posted online for this, yet it has only exacerbated the issue. What started with one device has now become an issue with multiple.I have a gaming headset which I have been using...
  9. My PC will no longer recognize audio input from any of my headsets

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. PC not recognizing any audio devices

PC not recognizing any audio devices: Hi, I am new to PC’s and just got my prebuilt today since graphics cards were out of stock. When I plug in my headphones or speakers into my PC, i cannot hear anything and they don’t show up as a recognized input or output device. After searching for a solution I tried...