Windows 10: My PC couldn't go into sleep properly on v2004

Discus and support My PC couldn't go into sleep properly on v2004 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After my upgrade from a HDD to a SSD , i clean intalled a windows v2004 on the new SSD. After installing , it all when well , but not the sleep mode .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WongJyn Hue, Jun 18, 2020.

1. My PC couldn't go into sleep properly on v2004

After my upgrade from a HDD to a SSD , i clean intalled a windows v2004 on the new SSD. After installing , it all when well , but not the sleep mode . When i let my pc go on sleep mode , the screen will turn off , but the fan speed increase , idle light stay on and never went off . Tapping on keyboard and touching the touchpad does nothing to the pc... But when i hold the power button for like 5 seconds , it went into sleep mode. But when i press the power button to wake it up , it will go on idle . But the display will not turn on although the idle light is already lighted up. Touching the keyboard and touchpad wont work even. The only way is to force shut down. This situation never happened to me before even on my HDD v1909. Anyone have solution to solve this issue?

Model : Asus A43S

CPU : i3 2350M

GPU : GeForce 610M

SSD : SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB

RAM : 4GB DDR3

:)

WongJyn Hue, Jun 18, 2020

2. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

My PC couldn't go into sleep properly on v2004 [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

My PC couldn't go into sleep properly on v2004 [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Berton, Jun 18, 2020
  4. My PC couldn't go into sleep properly on v2004

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

My PC couldn't go into sleep properly on v2004

1. My PC couldn't go into sleep properly on v2004 - Similar Threads - couldn't sleep properly

2. my pc couldn't start properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc couldn't start properly?: error code 0xc000000e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-couldnt-start-properly/35249912-b98a-4b9e-95b0-e139ce98d16c
  3. my pc couldn't start properly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc couldn't start properly?: error code 0xc000000e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-couldnt-start-properly/35249912-b98a-4b9e-95b0-e139ce98d16c
  4. Your PC couldn't start properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your PC couldn't start properly: Hi. three days ago, my laptop was dropped. and after it was dropped, I took my laptop and placed it back. my windows was lagging, so I decided to hard shut. but right after when I hard shut. I tried to login to windows, but it gave me a error code which I cannot login to my...
  5. Your PC couldn't start properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PC couldn't start properly: Hi. three days ago, my laptop was dropped. and after it was dropped, I took my laptop and placed it back. my windows was lagging, so I decided to hard shut. but right after when I hard shut. I tried to login to windows, but it gave me a error code which I cannot login to my...
  6. Your PC couldn't start properly

7. PC not going to sleep

PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  8. Pc not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc not going to sleep: I’ve had my pc for almost 2 years and have never had a problem until recently. And that is that it’s just not going into sleep mode. Every once in a while, it will go to sleep. But 99% off the time the screen will turn off, but the pc itself will stay active. I’ve tried most...
  9. PC Not Going to Sleep Properly? (Display turns off but PC doesn't)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Not Going to Sleep Properly? (Display turns off but PC doesn't): Hi, so as of a few days ago, my PC stopped sleeping properly. I've tried changing power plans / running the "powercfg -requests" command and nothing's there. What is happening is when I put the PC to sleep manually, or after the allocated time, my display will turn off but...
  10. PC going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC going to sleep: I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop running W10. All of the power settings are set to not sleep (or display to go dark) when the machine is plugged into power. Despite this the laptop always sleeps after about 5 minutes of non use. How can I fix this? Thanks....