Windows 10: My PC crashed and my Wi-Fi adapater stopped working after the crash

Discus and support My PC crashed and my Wi-Fi adapater stopped working after the crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There was no blue screen but this was left in Reliability Monitor afterwards: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by H_H_99, Feb 7, 2021.

1. H_H_99 Win User

My PC crashed and my Wi-Fi adapater stopped working after the crash

There was no blue screen but this was left in Reliability Monitor afterwards:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8016ce70e36, 0xffff8802f017ddf8, 0xffff8802f017d630. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: c02f01b0-6073-443b-ad4f-ab4929c419b0.

Device manager shows the adapter as working properly but when attempting to connect to a network windows shows 'No Wi-Fi Networks Found'.

Every time I attempt to uninstall/reinstall the Wi-Fi adapters drivers it fails.

I've uploaded the MEMORY.DMP file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmNks9RpKYkfkyTtRVCi3BOMS8hW?e=mLzMnp

:)

H_H_99, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Artas1984 Win User

Firefox crashes non-stop!!!

Suggest any methods to stop Firefox from crashing. It crashes right after starting, no more than a second or 3..

Any cache, plugins, antivirus things that might cause it? It is very, very annoying...

Artas1984, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Marivel Man, Feb 7, 2021
  4. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

1. My PC crashed and my Wi-Fi adapater stopped working after the crash - Similar Threads - crashed adapater stopped

2. My Wi-Fi driver has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wi-Fi driver has stopped working.: So my Wi-Fi stopped working suddenly and I am unable to restart it.Going into device manager it is saying that the intel wireless ac 9560 is unable to start code 10. Not sure what to do...
  3. My Wi-Fi driver has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wi-Fi driver has stopped working.: So my Wi-Fi stopped working suddenly and I am unable to restart it.Going into device manager it is saying that the intel wireless ac 9560 is unable to start code 10. Not sure what to do...
  4. Why does my laptop crash when it's on wi-fi?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my laptop crash when it's on wi-fi?: Hi,At my work, a laptop breaks down, the blue screen appears with the message "Watchdog violation" but only when it is connected to wi-fi. Repair does not work.When it is connected by cable, it passes the screen with Recover/Repair and it works.The laptop was taken to a...
  5. WI-FI makes my pc crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WI-FI makes my pc crash: when ever I connect with WI-FI my system instantly crashes but if I connect through hotspot on my phone or with ETHERNET it works fine the stop code is : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION...
  6. WI-FI makes my pc crash

WI-FI makes my pc crash: when ever I connect with WI-FI my system instantly crashes but if I connect through hotspot on my phone or with ETHERNET it works fine the stop code is : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION...
  7. WI-FI makes my pc crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. The Wi-fi access keeps crashing

The Wi-fi access keeps crashing: This is not a one-time thing but has been pretty frequent as of late.For example, if there was some interruption to your connection and you had to restart it again the network takes forever to connect and once I click the wifi logo, boom, only the 'Airplane mode' logo is...
  9. The Wi-fi access keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Wi-fi access keeps crashing: This is not a one-time thing but has been pretty frequent as of late.For example, if there was some interruption to your connection and you had to restart it again the network takes forever to connect and once I click the wifi logo, boom, only the 'Airplane mode' logo is...
  10. The Wi-fi access keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming