Windows 10: My PC crashed and then started updating.

Discus and support My PC crashed and then started updating. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This happened like 20 minutes ago. I was doing my work and out of nowhere white dots started appearing where my cursor went, and then my PC BSOD'd and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AMEXif, Aug 13, 2020.

1. /u/AMEXif Win User

My PC crashed and then started updating.

This happened like 20 minutes ago. I was doing my work and out of nowhere white dots started appearing where my cursor went, and then my PC BSOD'd and shut off. I turned it on selected windows from grub and then the little "loading wheel" came up, without any logo of windows or anything so I waited and after like 15 minutes this is what came up. https://imgur.com/GpSomgc

submitted by /u/AMEXif
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AMEXif, Aug 13, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. John Vil Win User

PC is crashing after updating to the Creators update.

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your PC kept crashing after installing the Creators Update. To assist you with your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the issue?
    • What is the current build of your system? To check, type winver and press
      Enter on the Cortana search field.

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System File Checker tool
    to repair any file corruptions that may causing your PC to crash.

If the issue persists, we also suggest you to follow our recovery options in Windows 10 and revert it to its previous version. Kindly click on this article posted by J W Stuart for the steps:
    How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature in
    the Aniversary Edition and Creators Update

We are looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. My PC crashed and then started updating. - Similar Threads - crashed started updating

2. My PC has started crashing recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has started crashing recently: So lately when I'm using my PC the screen goes black, but I still hear sound although I can't do anything and I have to force restart my PC. After that the PC is lagging and the display settings say that my moniter is 1000hz while its only 75hz. There also doesn't seem to be...
  3. My PC has started crashing recently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has started crashing recently: So lately when I'm using my PC the screen goes black, but I still hear sound although I can't do anything and I have to force restart my PC. After that the PC is lagging and the display settings say that my moniter is 1000hz while its only 75hz. There also doesn't seem to be...
  4. My PC has started crashing recently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my PC crashes after starting a game

my PC crashes after starting a game: i have been running into what seems like a wall of infinite issues with a new computer i have bought and installed hardware into. the most recent one that i cant figure out has to do with the PC spontaniously crashing whenever i try to load large area's in games. or with...
  6. PC crashed and started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashed and started: So today my Asus Laptop had a problem loading at startup, it froze to a blue screen with a frown and said there was a problem. on next boot it went to a system troubleshooting page with options to troubleshoot or shutdown. I went to troubleshooting and couldn't fix the...
  7. PC crashed and started

PC crashed and started: So today my Asus Laptop had a problem loading at startup, it froze to a blue screen with a frown and said there was a problem. on next boot it went to a system troubleshooting page with options to troubleshoot or shutdown. I went to troubleshooting and couldn't fix the...
  8. PC crashed and started

9. My PC Started crashing... again.

My PC Started crashing... again.: Hey all. So a couples months back my PC was crashing very frequently, almost 10 times a day for about 2 weeks. Im still kind of unsure of what happened back then, but it fixed itself after a couple of weeks trying differents things that didn't quite work out. My PC is new, I...
  10. The PC crashed and will not start

The PC crashed and will not start: Hello, so today my Asus desktop PC had a problem loading at startup, it froze with a frowning blue screen saying there was a problem. Any ideas on how to fix it?...