Windows 10: My pc crashes after I sign in. The only thing I can do is use cmd through advanced start up...

Discus and support My pc crashes after I sign in. The only thing I can do is use cmd through advanced start up... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Nothing else works, I ran outta options, I could reset my pc but then I will never find out from the logs what the error was and I do wanna know it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lul_lql, Dec 20, 2020.

1. My pc crashes after I sign in. The only thing I can do is use cmd through advanced start up...

Nothing else works, I ran outta options, I could reset my pc but then I will never find out from the logs what the error was and I do wanna know it cause the pc just wont work all of a sudden.

submitted by /u/lul_lql
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lul_lql, Dec 20, 2020

2. Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Advanced Start up options and bcdedit missing in windows 10 with deepin(Linux) dual boot

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if you are able see the Advance startup options:

To start Windows in safe mode or get to other startup settings:

1. Select the Start button, then choose
      Settings
    2. Select Update & security > Recovery.
    3. Under Advanced startup select Restart now.
    4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options >
      Startup Settings > Restart.
    5. After the PC restarts, select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
      by pressing the corresponding number.

You can also do it from the sign-in screen.

1. On the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select
      Power > Restart (in the lower-right corner of the screen).
    2. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    3. After your PC restarts, select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
      from the list of options by pressing the corresponding number on your keyboard.

If you are still unable to see the options in advance startup settings, I suggest you to enable advance startup options using the follow command.

To do that,

1. Type CMD in the Windows search bar.
    2. Right click on CMD and click on Run as administrator option.
    3. Copy paste the following command reagentc /enable.
    4. Restart the PC into WinRE mode and check if you able to see the options.

We await your response.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 20, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

My pc crashes after I sign in. The only thing I can do is use cmd through advanced start up...

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

My pc crashes after I sign in. The only thing I can do is use cmd through advanced start up...

1. My pc crashes after I sign in. The only thing I can do is use cmd through advanced start up... - Similar Threads - crashes sign thing

2. I cannot access advance start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access advance start up: Hi everyone. Can you help me with my problem? So, I cannot access advance startup I don't know why. It happens after I do the method to enter the advance startup like restart from the setting, Holding the Shift key while restarting, etc. and when it reboot, there is a text...
  3. I cannot access advance start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access advance start up: Hi everyone. Can you help me with my problem? So, I cannot access advance startup I don't know why. It happens after I do the method to enter the advance startup like restart from the setting, Holding the Shift key while restarting, etc. and when it reboot, there is a text...
  4. After PC boots up I can only access internet through Chrome for a few minutes then the PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After PC boots up I can only access internet through Chrome for a few minutes then the PC...: Hi Microsoft Team,I have this issue, on my Windows 11 DesktopI have a weird connectionWhen the PC boots up, the network says it's identifying the network for a long time, after it "fake established" the connection I can only use chrome browser to access the Internet. ping...
  5. After PC boots up I can only access internet through Chrome for a few minutes then the PC...

After PC boots up I can only access internet through Chrome for a few minutes then the PC...: Hi Microsoft Team,I have this issue, on my Windows 11 DesktopI have a weird connectionWhen the PC boots up, the network says it's identifying the network for a long time, after it "fake established" the connection I can only use chrome browser to access the Internet. ping...
  6. My PC started doing weird things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC started doing weird things: I was done using my computer and I was about to shut it down, but before I shut it down I checked my task manager for any weird perfomance behaviors because I heard my fans spinning fast and I saw my CPU was at 40% usage with 4GHz for no reason on idle. I didn't give it much...
  7. My PC started doing weird things

My PC started doing weird things: I was done using my computer and I was about to shut it down, but before I shut it down I checked my task manager for any weird perfomance behaviors because I heard my fans spinning fast and I saw my CPU was at 40% usage with 4GHz for no reason on idle. I didn't give it much...
  8. My PC started doing weird things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I can only use 1 program in my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can only use 1 program in my pc: Basically, when i try to use another program i can't click it. I can't even use the toolbar sometimes, i haven't done anything to my computer like download a virus or do something suspicious and ive already tried to run the troubleshooter. When i can use chrome i can't switch...
  10. I can only use 1 program in my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can only use 1 program in my pc: Basically, when i try to use another program i can't click it. I can't even use the toolbar sometimes, i haven't done anything to my computer like download a virus or do something suspicious and ive already tried to run the troubleshooter. When i can use chrome i can't switch...