Windows 10: My pc crashes and it’s unusable

Discus and support My pc crashes and it’s unusable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my pc is acting really weird right now and it really scares me. (Windows 10) So whenever I start my pc it works fine and everything loads and is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MelvinWestin, Sep 25, 2018.

1. My pc crashes and it’s unusable

So my pc is acting really weird right now and it really scares me. (Windows 10)

So whenever I start my pc it works fine and everything loads and is in order except for the audio icon which has a red x under it and when I hover above it it says “The audio service is not running”. And after a while the pc crashes with a blue screen. Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. When it restarts the first thing that pops up is a message that says Username or password is incorrect,even though I haven’t typed anything yet. And after I login all the icons on the desktop are gone. And after that the pc crashes again and the cycle continues.

This has happened to me before and how I fixed it was by restarting the pc over and over again. But this time it doesn’t seem to work.

Please help me!

Thanks

:)

MelvinWestin, Sep 25, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 25, 2018
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 25, 2018
  4. nauzers Win User

My pc crashes and it’s unusable

PC Crashing on every game My pc crashes and it’s unusable :(

OK what i am gonna do - i will take second pc from my friend... Will build all my sistem on his MB... And then if it crashes... - will step by step take out my parts and put his - untill i have no crash any more... Damn it sounds stupid and will take like all day :S... Any other ideas how to make effective testing if i have second PC?

Or maybe give it away to disruption? *Big Grin My pc crashes and it’s unusable :D
    http://www.fishki.net/comment.php?id=58093

nauzers, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

My pc crashes and it’s unusable

1. My pc crashes and it’s unusable - Similar Threads - crashes it’s unusable

2. Pc crashes too often unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashes too often unusable: Hi , my pc is crashing for almost 3 years now . Specs :Ryzen 5 3500x , RX5500xt 8GB ,16 gb of ram 3200hz hyperx fury ,and i think my motherboard is gigabyte b450m s2h , 1tb seagate hdd , 250gb nvme ssd kingston , 600w aerocool cylon powersupply ,Case is aqirys canopus. So i...
  3. Pc crashes too often unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc crashes too often unusable: Hi , my pc is crashing for almost 3 years now . Specs :Ryzen 5 3500x , RX5500xt 8GB ,16 gb of ram 3200hz hyperx fury ,and i think my motherboard is gigabyte b450m s2h , 1tb seagate hdd , 250gb nvme ssd kingston , 600w aerocool cylon powersupply ,Case is aqirys canopus. So i...
  4. My PC has become completely unusable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has become completely unusable.: So i've completely resetted my computer on January 27, 2023, and when the reset completes i complete the whole new computer setup guide. But when i am allowed access to my computer. it all of a sudden becomes completely unusable. The mouse barely moves it's like its lagging,...
  5. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update rendered my pc unusable: Pc was working fine last night until I restarted to install a new update. Update failed and pc rolled back to the prior version. Since then, on startup I'm either greeted by a black screen that I can move the cursor around in, but do nothing else, or after I've entered my...
  6. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent update rendered my pc unusable: Pc was working fine last night until I restarted to install a new update. Update failed and pc rolled back to the prior version. Since then, on startup I'm either greeted by a black screen that I can move the cursor around in, but do nothing else, or after I've entered my...
  7. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Frozen PC unusable

in Windows 10 Support
    Frozen PC unusable: I cannot use my PC. It is booting OK but nothing can be run. There is an endlessly rotating busy circle displayed whenever I click an app or other file. I have seen this before but it has ended after a short delay, this time it is unending. None of the usual fixes I have...
  9. PC unusable due to BSOD crashes

PC unusable due to BSOD crashes: Yesterday my PC suddenly had a BSOD crash, I didn't note down all of the message but it was a KERNEL error. This first BSOD happened while I was playing a game on Steam. I have just read that the Windows May 2019 update is being released anyway despite them knowing it has...
  10. Watchdog crash and no screen/PC unusable but on

Watchdog crash and no screen/PC unusable but on: Hi, the last week I'm been suffering freezes and reboots. I had one or two BSOD but that doesn't seem to be the main problem, and I have no dumps of them. I have recently changed from a HDD to a SSD, I have applied a theme on my Windows 10, and I have updated to Fall...