Windows 10: My PC crashes out of nowhere

Discus and support My PC crashes out of nowhere in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I am having trouble with my computer for a while now... It crashes out of nowhere. It does not matter which applications it is running or what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/atix1906, Jun 24, 2020.

1. My PC crashes out of nowhere

Hey,

I am having trouble with my computer for a while now...

It crashes out of nowhere. It does not matter which applications it is running or what daytime it is neither does it matter for how long it is running. There have been times where it shuts off after 10 minutes or after 4 hours and even times where it did not happen for a week and then sometimes a few times on the same day. It started around a year after I bought everything.

But let me explain what happens. The system just crashes, so the screen turns black and all the fans start to blow at maximum speed. I checked the temperatures and they are all within 40-60°C when I game they can be a little higher, up to 70°C or so.

What might be also worth mentioning is, that sometimes the PC gets stuck when booting. It then is stuck at the screen where it says "ASUS" and is not doing anything. I am not sure if the problems are connected.

What I have done so far, I contacted be quiet because my thinking was that the psu was broken and shuts off for some reason. They found out, that the psu had no issues, but their system also shut off the same way mine did. They send me a brand new psu which I inserted into my system.

But it seems like this did not fix my problem unfortunatly...My system still crashes and the fans blow at maximum speed when it crashes.

Here is an image of the event it throws when it crashes (sorry that it is in german). I'll translate the message for you

The system was rebooted without having been shut down properly before. This error may occur if the system stopped responding or crashed, or if the power was unexpectedly disconnected.

My hardware list:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
    • Mainboard: Asus Prime x470 Pro
    • PSU: (first 550 W be quiet! Straight Power 11 80 Gold) since replacment 550 W be quiet! Straight Power 11 80 Platinum
    • RAM: G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200 DIMM 16 GB
    • SSD: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 3D-NAND QLC
    • GPU: Gainward RTX 2080

Any idea or help would be greatly appreciated...I will provide more information if there is a need for it.

submitted by /u/atix1906
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/atix1906, Jun 24, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 24, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 24, 2020
  4. nauzers Win User

My PC crashes out of nowhere

PC Crashing on every game My PC crashes out of nowhere :(

OK what i am gonna do - i will take second pc from my friend... Will build all my sistem on his MB... And then if it crashes... - will step by step take out my parts and put his - untill i have no crash any more... Damn it sounds stupid and will take like all day :S... Any other ideas how to make effective testing if i have second PC?

Or maybe give it away to disruption? *Big Grin My PC crashes out of nowhere :D
    Разборка компьютеров в Китае (21 фото)

nauzers, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

My PC crashes out of nowhere

1. My PC crashes out of nowhere - Similar Threads - crashes nowhere

2. I can't connect to any network. The driver crashed out of nowhere. I didn't update the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to any network. The driver crashed out of nowhere. I didn't update the...: One network adapter shows '!'. I tried to update but it shows 'The best drivers are already installed'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-to-any-network-the-driver-crashed/08450f22-6a9e-4424-834a-2b9dc5dc2706
  3. I can't connect to any network. The driver crashed out of nowhere. I didn't update the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect to any network. The driver crashed out of nowhere. I didn't update the...: One network adapter shows '!'. I tried to update but it shows 'The best drivers are already installed'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-to-any-network-the-driver-crashed/08450f22-6a9e-4424-834a-2b9dc5dc2706
  4. I can't connect to any network. The driver crashed out of nowhere. I didn't update the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC crashes out of nowhere with blue screen and volmgr error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes out of nowhere with blue screen and volmgr error: My pc is turn off and in the event log show as volmgr error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashes-out-of-nowhere-with-blue-screen-and/4ab13bdb-9045-433c-ab77-df103a19fd71
  6. PC crashes out of nowhere with blue screen and volmgr error

PC crashes out of nowhere with blue screen and volmgr error: My pc is turn off and in the event log show as volmgr error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashes-out-of-nowhere-with-blue-screen-and/4ab13bdb-9045-433c-ab77-df103a19fd71
  7. My PC started freezing/crashing out of nowhere. All was fine before but now its not, what...

My PC started freezing/crashing out of nowhere. All was fine before but now its not, what...: It's good to note that I haven't updated or installed anything new prior to this issue, I shut off my pc one night and the next morning these crashes/freezes start happening. At first, i started running the sfc /scannow command which said it repaired some files, but it then...
  8. My PC started freezing/crashing out of nowhere. All was fine before but now its not, what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC started freezing/crashing out of nowhere. All was fine before but now its not, what...: It's good to note that I haven't updated or installed anything new prior to this issue, I shut off my pc one night and the next morning these crashes/freezes start happening. At first, i started running the sfc /scannow command which said it repaired some files, but it then...
  9. [BSOD] Crashing out of nowhere - No clue what are the next steps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BSOD] Crashing out of nowhere - No clue what are the next steps: Hello,I have a problem with my computer few last days I bought the PC at April this year. Just to describe the problem. One day I was peacefully playing Counter Strike with my brother and then it happened. The screen freeze and he scary BSOD shows up. So, I have just...
  10. [BSOD] Crashing out of nowhere - No clue what are the next steps

[BSOD] Crashing out of nowhere - No clue what are the next steps: Hello,I have a problem with my computer few last days I bought the PC at April this year. Just to describe the problem. One day I was peacefully playing Counter Strike with my brother and then it happened. The screen freeze and he scary BSOD shows up. So, I have just...