Windows 10: My PC crashes when I launch certain games

Discus and support My PC crashes when I launch certain games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; There are some games that work just fine but there are others that just crash as soon as I open them.I have brought my pc into best buy where I bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Colin Hartman, Sep 20, 2022.

1. My PC crashes when I launch certain games

There are some games that work just fine but there are others that just crash as soon as I open them.I have brought my pc into best buy where I bought it to get it checked out because I had this problem before but now it's back I don't know how to fix my pc.

:)

Colin Hartman, Sep 20, 2022
  2. Zaki_j Win User

Forza Horizon 3 Crash on Gameplay

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that Forza Horizon 3 keeps crashing.

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I suggest you refer and follow the steps mentioned in the article and check if that resolves the issue. Refer to the article
    My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Sep 20, 2022
  3. theduke2 Win User
    Crashing with certain games

I have the identical issue as OP despite different hardware. Certain games crash within a few minutes while others are fine. Games that crash include Guardians of the Galaxy and Assassins Creed Origins.

I'm using a AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 XTREME 10G (rev. 2.0) and the Event Viewer message is identical, except instead of Device\Video3 is says Device\Video9.

I'm using 516.40 drivers and have already done a DDU. My next step is another DDU followed by year old drivers (466.47) listed on the AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 XTREME 10G (rev. 2.0) website. I don't see any VBIOS for the rev 2.0 version of the card.

I can provide DXDIAG, MSCONFIG, or anything you think could help to diagnose this.

theduke2, Sep 20, 2022
  4. peach1971 Win User

My PC crashes when I launch certain games

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 20, 2022
Thema:

My PC crashes when I launch certain games

1. My PC crashes when I launch certain games - Similar Threads - crashes launch certain

2. My PC crashes / bluescreens when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC crashes / bluescreens when playing certain games.: This specifically happens when playing graphically intensive games such as Call of Duty and Forza. It runs fine the rest of the time, is there anything I can do to figure out the issue? I have reinstalled Windows and run repairs and nothing seems to work....
  3. My Pc Fully Crashing when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Pc Fully Crashing when playing certain games: ** PC Fully Crashes****Windows 10****Graphics Card gets quite hot****Photos Linked below Of What happens****I play 2-3 or 6-7 Min before crashing****The blue ring on the top is off and have to Switch my PC Off and on to turn it back on****Mostly crashes on CSGO,Roblox Some...
  4. My Pc Fully Crashing when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc Fully Crashing when playing certain games: ** PC Fully Crashes****Windows 10****Graphics Card gets quite hot****Photos Linked below Of What happens****I play 2-3 or 6-7 Min before crashing****The blue ring on the top is off and have to Switch my PC Off and on to turn it back on****Mostly crashes on CSGO,Roblox Some...
  5. My PC crashes when I launch certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC crashes when I launch certain games: There are some games that work just fine but there are others that just crash as soon as I open them.I have brought my pc into best buy where I bought it to get it checked out because I had this problem before but now it's back I don't know how to fix my pc....
  6. My PC crashes when I launch certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC crashes when I launch certain games: There are some games that work just fine but there are others that just crash as soon as I open them.I have brought my pc into best buy where I bought it to get it checked out because I had this problem before but now it's back I don't know how to fix my pc....
  7. PC crashes when launching a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when launching a game: Issue is self explanatory, whenever I launch a game the pc blue screens giving the stopcode: BAD POOL CALLER, OR KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION.things I tried:updating/rolling back graphics card drivers.scanning SSD health.doing a system memory health check.uninstalling anything...
  8. PC crashes when launching a game

PC crashes when launching a game: Issue is self explanatory, whenever I launch a game the pc blue screens giving the stopcode: BAD POOL CALLER, OR KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION.things I tried:updating/rolling back graphics card drivers.scanning SSD health.doing a system memory health check.uninstalling anything...
  9. PC crashes when trying to launch certain game

PC crashes when trying to launch certain game: Every since i upgraded to windows 11 when i start Destiny 2 or Fortnite my PC crashes and gives me an error DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED. I can reinstall games and they will work for a bit then start crashing the pc again. Verifying files makes no difference...
  10. PC crashes when trying to launch certain game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when trying to launch certain game: Every since i upgraded to windows 11 when i start Destiny 2 or Fortnite my PC crashes and gives me an error DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED. I can reinstall games and they will work for a bit then start crashing the pc again. Verifying files makes no difference...