Windows 10: My PC deletes my new programs and files after restarting

Discus and support My PC deletes my new programs and files after restarting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This been happening since I installed Avast. All my new programs keeps getting deleted (Discord, Voicemeeter, etc) and my files are getting removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jscrwnclw, Jan 25, 2020.

1. My PC deletes my new programs and files after restarting

This been happening since I installed Avast. All my new programs keeps getting deleted (Discord, Voicemeeter, etc) and my files are getting removed from the desktop and windows folders. I've tried almost everything besides uninstalling Avast.

submitted by /u/jscrwnclw
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jscrwnclw, Jan 25, 2020
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

3. KieX Win User
    TPU's WCG/BOINC Team

That means your app_info file is setup for HCC CPU work, but your Program Data folder doesn't have the needed files to run it. The problem is that to download them you need to take a few steps:

1) Finish or abort all your current WU's
    2) Delete app_info
    3) Restart BOINC and immediately set to "No new tasks"
    4) Close BOINC, making sure there's no WU in the tasks list
    5) Put app_info file again, restart BOINC

4. MohanC Win User

My PC deletes my new programs and files after restarting

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

My PC deletes my new programs and files after restarting

1. My PC deletes my new programs and files after restarting - Similar Threads - deletes programs files

2. win 11 delete files and program after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 delete files and program after restart: I have Windows 11 Home Single Language, every time I restart or shut down my computer found all the data in documents, downloads, desktop and program settings like edge, chrome has been deleted....
  3. win 11 delete files and program after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 delete files and program after restart: I have Windows 11 Home Single Language, every time I restart or shut down my computer found all the data in documents, downloads, desktop and program settings like edge, chrome has been deleted....
  4. Programs lose their functionality after I restart my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs lose their functionality after I restart my PC: I am using Windows 10 latest update and yesterday I went on msconfig and to services tab, there I hid all the microsoft services and unchecked services for a few programs like Radmin VPN, Gaming Mouse a program I use for my mouse macro, Lightshot etc. Ever since then when I...
  5. All my files were deleted after uninstalling a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files were deleted after uninstalling a program: So I had this program called BleachBit and I uninstalled it using an uninstaller called IObit Uninstaller. After I uninstalled the program, everything else from my system was also deleted. The wallpaper on my desktop turned black as if the wallpaper was deleted, the files on...
  6. I restarted my PC and all of my programs logged out and something deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I restarted my PC and all of my programs logged out and something deleted: I turned off my computer then turned it on immediately after and when I signed in my discord, steam and blizzard had logged out when they normally don't, this is the first time this happened and when I tried to launch Overwatch it had to quickly re claim disk space and my...
  7. My laptop is deleting various programs and files after booting up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop is deleting various programs and files after booting up.: My other laptop is having issues where full programs are being removed from the computer along with picture files. The background image is being reverted to a stock image. It's happened twice now with no warning in advance. The computer is being turned off by clicking the...
  8. Files deleting after restart the laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Files deleting after restart the laptop: My system files and folders on desktop are getting deleted as and when I restart my laptop. how can I get rid of this , I followed all the steps given online in support. but still I am getting same issue....
  9. Deleting MY files and programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting MY files and programs: Why are you deleting MY files and where are they? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-my-files-and-programs/01fd4a6a-1d8e-4966-8a62-68946246e734
  10. I WANT TO DELETE PROGRAM FILES ON MY PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I WANT TO DELETE PROGRAM FILES ON MY PC: I want to delete program files is my PC, cause the program files was on my SSD and make the ssd full of files. If i move to the 2nd HDD and delete that was in my SSD. is it will work properly???...