Windows 10: My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC

Discus and support My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I worked fine before. I even tried using other USB port but still it does not display! Not even safe mode, restarting, checking for hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MasterOfSomething, Sep 8, 2018.

1. MasterOfSomething Win User

My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC

My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC 999d1a59-db12-4096-84bb-a2785dc8babd?upload=true.png

I worked fine before. I even tried using other USB port but still it does not display! Not even safe mode, restarting, checking for hardware change.

:)

MasterOfSomething, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Deepika Gowda Win User

External Hard Drive stopping PC during start up

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that the PC will not reboot while connected with external hard drive.

I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Please perform the above and let us know the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 8, 2018
  3. prakashdeep.m Win User
    Hard drive advice?

i tried to install RHL - 9 on my Compaq Presario PC and got a msg "No Hard Drives detected". However Windows is running on my PC and when i tried to install Ubuntu-Linux for Human Beings, it detected the presence of the hard drive and showed the existing partitions.

I tried to find the HDD driver thru windows but got nothing matching with the manually loadable drivers in RHL that r listed during installation.

the hard disk in my PC is a SATA one and its number is WDC- followed by some numbers.

plz,can anyone bail me out from this predicament?

prakashdeep.m, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Deepika Gowda Win User

My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Hello Lingam,

As you are facing issues with accessing hard drive on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the hard drive?

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 3: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC - Similar Threads - detect hard drive

2. My PC Does Not Boot Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC Does Not Boot Up: I have a Casper i3 PC and had Windows 7 Operating System. I decided to upgrade my os and set up Windows 10. At first everything seemed OK, but suddenly my PC shut down (Probably because of a batterry issue). After that point I could not boot my PC up for two times, and at the...
  3. My PC is not detecting my Lumia phone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC is not detecting my Lumia phone.: i was facing USB port detction issue for a while. But suddenly, i realised my laptop is also not detecting any phone or media devices. i have found several videos on android phone not detection topic, but didn't found any Microsoft/Windows phone one. so, if there who can help...
  4. backing up my pc to external hard drive

backing up my pc to external hard drive: I want to back up my PC to an external hard drive, can you advise how I do it easily or manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-my-pc-to-external-hard-drive/67268df7-b95b-46be-8afd-8d2d85f87e24
  5. My pc's disc drive

My pc's disc drive: additional info: when I go to settings and click to select my disc drive, it does not show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-pcs-disc-drive/4b599107-dfde-4d8e-a288-f248b42622d2
  6. My pc's disc drive

My pc's disc drive: How do I eject a disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-pcs-disc-drive/01481afe-d5ca-47ee-8b13-1f7c2e01a7c4
  7. MY PC DOES NOT RESET.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY PC DOES NOT RESET.: Im using a Windows 10, 2016 HP Pavillion Notebook. I have issues resetting my pc completely i.e, cleaning up all the drives without any backup options. The process starts and at about 9% of the process, once the system has restarted it states that it is undoing all the...
  8. How To Access A Hard Drive On My PC From Another PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Access A Hard Drive On My PC From Another PC?: Hey, So I have a hard drive on my laptop that I also want to be able to access on my desktop PC. How can I do this? I have already started off by going onto my laptop and into: This PC > (right click) C Drive > Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing > Permissions >...
  9. File explorer does not include all my hard drives under 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer does not include all my hard drives under 'This PC': File explorer only displays my C and D (DVD) drives when launched. I have two other hard drives with two partitions each which do not get displayed under 'This PC'. I landed up 'pinning' the drive letters under 'Quick access'. I spent a lot of time hunting for a solution...
  10. My "This PC" display has changed

in Windows 10 Support
    My "This PC" display has changed: When clicking on "This PC" I now get the following display (see the attached image). Before, the 6 defaullt folders were shown as in the attachment but the drives were shown with small icons and the name of the drive. This was much more compact, whereas the changed display...