Windows 10: My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC

Discus and support My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I worked fine before. I even tried using other USB port but still it does not display! Not even safe mode, restarting, checking for hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MasterOfSomething, Sep 8, 2018.

1. My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC

My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC 999d1a59-db12-4096-84bb-a2785dc8babd?upload=true.png

I worked fine before. I even tried using other USB port but still it does not display! Not even safe mode, restarting, checking for hardware change.

:)

MasterOfSomething, Sep 8, 2018

2. External Hard Drive stopping PC during start up

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that the PC will not reboot while connected with external hard drive.

I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Please perform the above and let us know the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Hard drive advice?

i tried to install RHL - 9 on my Compaq Presario PC and got a msg "No Hard Drives detected". However Windows is running on my PC and when i tried to install Ubuntu-Linux for Human Beings, it detected the presence of the hard drive and showed the existing partitions.

I tried to find the HDD driver thru windows but got nothing matching with the manually loadable drivers in RHL that r listed during installation.

the hard disk in my PC is a SATA one and its number is WDC- followed by some numbers.

plz,can anyone bail me out from this predicament?

prakashdeep.m, Sep 8, 2018
  4. My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC

My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Hello Lingam,

As you are facing issues with accessing hard drive on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the hard drive?

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 3: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC

1. My PC detect hard drive but it does not display on My PC - Similar Threads - detect hard drive

2. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.: Hello guys,My pc was working fine until one day it stopped detecting all my hard drives and sent me straight to BIOS, In BIOS it does not show any hard drives, I plugged my bootable windows usb to the setup and it did not detect them there also. I have a Gigabyte B450 pro...
  3. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.: Hello guys,My pc was working fine until one day it stopped detecting all my hard drives and sent me straight to BIOS, In BIOS it does not show any hard drives, I plugged my bootable windows usb to the setup and it did not detect them there also. I have a Gigabyte B450 pro...
  4. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Pc suddenly stopped detecting my hard drives in BIOS and Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. problems with hard drive on my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with hard drive on my pc.: I Connected my second hard drive to my pc, I have important files on it. But it does not showing it in the file explorer. I went over the "disk managment", and found it there, labled as "Unallocated", when I right click it the only option I have is to make a "new simple...
  9. my pc is destroying my hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my pc is destroying my hard drives: i have a computer one of my many computers and whenever i insert a hard drive into it the hard drive dies within the day and when i use the same model hard drive in another computer it works fine but when i use that hard drive in the hard drive killer computer POW YOU ARE...
  10. PC Crash Then No Hard Drive Detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crash Then No Hard Drive Detected: My PC using Windows 10 has crashed for a second time in two weeks. I am a able to boot using a Kapersky boot disk and then the PC will operate as normal. However after this most recent crash I ran a diagnostics tool by PC-Doctor and it gave an error code: BIOHD-2, warning: No...