Windows 10: My PC didnt finish upgrading to version 20H2 because of an unkown problem

Discus and support My PC didnt finish upgrading to version 20H2 because of an unkown problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Guys i wanted to upgrade my windows 10 pro version 1709 to 20H2 using the Windows 10 update assistant, the preparation, download and update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EvRGAMES, Mar 8, 2021.

1. My PC didnt finish upgrading to version 20H2 because of an unkown problem

My PC didnt finish upgrading to version 20H2 because of an unkown problem lftAyiBo-S1h_bRp9BWoxmMK53XgEFyu_ANWM0M8QBc.jpg

Guys i wanted to upgrade my windows 10 pro version 1709 to 20H2 using the Windows 10 update assistant, the preparation, download and update was slow yet no problems until my computer rebooted, everything was fine, there was a text saying "Updating your windows please dont turn off your computer" or something, it took about 1 minute until it stopped on 5% then restarted, i wasnt worrying that much since i know that these scenarios require your computer to restart several times until... then there was a text saying "Undoing Changes made to this/your computer" for 2 minutes and then it brought me to the desktop like nothing happened. When i checked the version it was still version 1709, a day later i found a tiktok saying that if you delete files from the Temp folder it would make your pc faster, i didnt wanted to do it anyway but i still checked, then i saw a .txt file that could be related to the problem, my main question is.. how can i upgrade my pc without getting the problem again?

https://preview.redd.it/cu84p1pt6rl...bp&s=cab6a842e60127710b53df24d025542ffc693963

Here were the files that might be related to the problem

submitted by /u/EvRGAMES
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EvRGAMES, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Aaron_511 Win User

Option to upgrade to 20H2 is not present in 1903

Hi Daniela.

Thank you for the swift response in regards to my question, may I know what you meant by "Install the system updates prior to this latest version recently released to which you want to get"?

Right now I am just trying to install the 20H2 update so I am more curious if is possible to upgrade from 1903 straight towards 20H2 or if I am supposed to upgrade to another build (such as 1909, I have tested on another PC where it is using a 2004 build
    and that upgraded to 20H2 without any issues so I was wondering if this might be the case whereby there is a minimum build version requirement for upgrading to 20H2) before being able to upgrade towards 20H2.

Thank you.

Aaron_511, Mar 8, 2021
  3. peteramd Win User
    problem installing software in version 20H2

Of course I took all precautions. I've been using a software for years (Acronis TIH latest version) and I have two backups as I always keep the latest backup when I make a new one. I just wanted to see if anyone has a similar problem with 20H2. On my own PC I am still on Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 2004 (build 19041.630) but this is my neighbor's PC which I had to completely load from scratch as his PC was so badly messed up. The last thing I did before I returned the PC to him was update to the latest 20H2 and then when I tried to install some last missing soft I ran into this problem. I don't want to spend a lot of time at my neighbor's house (COVID obliges) so now I will have to take the PC back to my house to work on it, which is what I was hoping to avoid.

Next step: restore the penultimate backup which I made before the update and see if that solves the problem.

PS:
    Btw., I did check the system and the disks in various ways including all the ones you suggest like SCANNOW, CHKDSK, etc., as well as Windows check program included as one of the tools with IoBit's ASC Pro, and did turn off firewall, antivirus and similar stuff working off-line.
    I've been using ASC Pro together with Bitdefender for years without any problems, as long as you take some precautions like making sure Antivirus and Malware protection don't run at the same time since these are also part of Bitdefender Internet Security. As for Driver Booster, never had any problem but it does include a restore that allows you to go back if anything is wrong. There is also a software updater that is very useful.
    My backups are of course always on a separate physical drive, preferably an external one you can disconnect. I also use full backup, never incremental ones. PC's today are sufficiently fast and storage space cheap so that's not an issue.
    I tend to be a little careful with free software, after all it does cost to develop and especially constantly keep up to date software so well known paid software I feel more confident in.

So it's back to the workbench...

- - - Updated - - -

OK, quick update, the problem was indeed related to the W10 update to 20H2. I restored the last backup I did before W10 was updated and everything worked fine so I could install all the remaining software. Once I finish installing everything and have a perfectly working system I will make a new backup, then update again and see if things still work.

Interesting to know if anybody else has run into similar problems with W10 20H2 ?

peteramd, Mar 8, 2021
  4. My PC didnt finish upgrading to version 20H2 because of an unkown problem

Windows 10 20h2 Problem

I clean installed 20H2 but unfortunately i don't know which version i had previously.

Currently I'm trying to install the 1803 version, since it's an old laptop.

Or should i install the ones you suggested me?

Thank you

CreepyMemes, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

My PC didnt finish upgrading to version 20H2 because of an unkown problem

1. My PC didnt finish upgrading to version 20H2 because of an unkown problem - Similar Threads - didnt finish upgrading

2. Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2: There are some issues that I have faced since I forced shutdown during a windows update during crash. 1. Start times, slow start 12 minutes. 2. The search bar does not work troubleshooting did not help 3. Windows update error 0x80080005 that does not allow me to update to the...
  3. Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2: There are some issues that I have faced since I forced shutdown during a windows update during crash. 1. Start times, slow start 12 minutes. 2. The search bar does not work troubleshooting did not help 3. Windows update error 0x80080005 that does not allow me to update to the...
  4. Multiple problems in Windows, version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problems installing version 20H2 update

Problems installing version 20H2 update: Hi, I am having trouble installing version 20H2. After several attempts, each time I end up with the error message "Windows installation could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware" and then the device shuts down almost immediately. I tried to install the...
  6. Problem upgrading to Windows 20H2

Problem upgrading to Windows 20H2: My PC is still running on Windows 10 pro Version 1803 which reaches end of service on 11/5. When trying to download the latest version I get a notice asking me to manually uninstall Avira Antivirus 2018. I do not have this installed in my apps but have tried to install the...
  7. Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version

Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version: hi guys I have upgraded my windows 10 home version to 20H2 for free Bought new version of 20H2 enterprise but if i Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version do i lose my software and apps and files on my previous 20H2? Thanks...
  8. problem installing software in version 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem installing software in version 20H2: Hi all I had to re-install from scratch on a PC and installed all the updates available including 20H2 Windows here a detail of the current install and HW: Windows 10 Family Version 20H2 Version expl.sys 19042.630 Windows Feature Experience pack 120.2212.31.0 Intel(R)...
  9. Windows 10 Version 20H2 Upgrade Problem

Windows 10 Version 20H2 Upgrade Problem: I decided to install the 20H2 upgrade on my 2 PCs this morning. Both were running version 2004. All went fine on my laptop, but I'm left with a problem on my desktop PC. The upgrade appeared to complete normally as shown in the specs (see screenshot) however I was left with...
  10. Because of a problem that occurred, my pc won't reset to the manufacturer version. What...

Because of a problem that occurred, my pc won't reset to the manufacturer version. What...: Does anyone know the problem that could haved occurred on my pc as the reason it could not be reset to the manufacturer's version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/because-of-a-problem-that-occurred-my-pc-wont/da58773c-9a2d-486d-bb5e-a14b77165a4f