Windows 10: my pc didnt save my setting after turn off or reset

Discus and support my pc didnt save my setting after turn off or reset in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; can someone know how to fix this error pls. when i reset/turn off/shutdown/ my data and setting is goes back to normal like i just update or unistall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Namzzzzz, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Namzzzzz Win User

my pc didnt save my setting after turn off or reset

can someone know how to fix this error pls. when i reset/turn off/shutdown/ my data and setting is goes back to normal like i just update or unistall my driver and then if i reset my pc it will be back

:)

Namzzzzz, Dec 4, 2022
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 4, 2022
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 4, 2022
  4. my pc didnt save my setting after turn off or reset

Save files before resetting to factory settings

Hi Camille, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the steps:

Advanced Options - Automatic Repair screen - Command Prompt. Type there ‘notepad.exe’.

Notepad window –click on File. Open to locate the files that you’d like to copy to the USB.

Plug in the USB device to the USB port. Copy the files and folders that you want to save. Paste them in a new folder on the USB drive. Safe you the files you need repeating the above steps.

Once done, proceed with resetting your PC to factory settings.

NighthawkX, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

my pc didnt save my setting after turn off or reset

1. my pc didnt save my setting after turn off or reset - Similar Threads - didnt save setting

2. my laptop wont turn off after I reset it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop wont turn off after I reset it: I recently performed a hard reset on my laptop. Since it took a while, I decided to go to sleep in the meantime. I wasn't sure if something had happened, but when I turned it on, it displayed the company logo, followed by the Windows logo with a loading icon at the bottom....
  3. Tried resetting my pc and didnt work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tried resetting my pc and didnt work: So I was trying to reset my pc because its so slow i could barely even play a game on it and i did the reset this pc option and didnt work because i need to have a windows installation media which i have in my usb plugged in my laptop and didnt even work. I tried some other...
  4. Tried resetting my pc and didnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried resetting my pc and didnt work: So I was trying to reset my pc because its so slow i could barely even play a game on it and i did the reset this pc option and didnt work because i need to have a windows installation media which i have in my usb plugged in my laptop and didnt even work. I tried some other...
  5. Tried resetting my pc and didnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. my pc didnt save my setting after turn off or reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc didnt save my setting after turn off or reset: can someone know how to fix this error pls. when i reset/turn off/shutdown/ my data and setting is goes back to normal like i just update or unistall my driver and then if i reset my pc it will be back...
  7. my pc didnt save my setting after turn off or reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc didnt save my setting after turn off or reset: can someone know how to fix this error pls. when i reset/turn off/shutdown/ my data and setting is goes back to normal like i just update or unistall my driver and then if i reset my pc it will be back...
  8. [Help] My "When plugged in turn off after" setting keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] My "When plugged in turn off after" setting keeps resetting: I don't know what happened but recently my "When plugged in turn off after" setting keeps changing from Never to 15 minutes by itself, even after switching it in the advanced settings it will still switch and turn off my monitor after 15 minutes, I can't find any solutions...
  9. Everytime i turn off my pc, my data is reset.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Everytime i turn off my pc, my data is reset.: my steam games remain but discord is uninstalled and i have to go through the windows introduction phase again. It's very frustrating as this has happened multiple times now and i havent seen a fix....
  10. Turn off my PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn off my PC: When I try to turn off my computer appears the following message: There are currently no power options available. What can I do to turn off my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-my-pc/038bff1c-8d8e-4809-b402-3ff3dbd398b7