Windows 10: My PC display keeps crashing. The desplay turns black.

Discus and support My PC display keeps crashing. The desplay turns black. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My monitor doesn't turn off, it goes to a screen that just says it can't find an input source, I replug my HDMI cable in and it doesn't work. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alifesaver, Feb 10, 2021.

1. My PC display keeps crashing. The desplay turns black.

My monitor doesn't turn off, it goes to a screen that just says it can't find an input source, I replug my HDMI cable in and it doesn't work. I have reinstalled drivers and looked at the Event Viewer. It's hard to tell which is which. I think I need to buy Windows cuz I upgraded my cpu, mobo and psu. Please help me

:)

Alifesaver, Feb 10, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 10, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

My PC display keeps crashing. The desplay turns black.

Computer/Display keeps on crashing

Hi Julien,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better I would like to know, which game are you trying to play?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the AMD manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Tenforo, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

My PC display keeps crashing. The desplay turns black.

1. My PC display keeps crashing. The desplay turns black. - Similar Threads - display keeps crashing

2. Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff800cbd735050Parameter 2: fffff804982463a0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  3. Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff800cbd735050Parameter 2: fffff804982463a0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  4. My new laptop keeps freezing, crashing, and the screen keeps turning black, as well as a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new laptop keeps freezing, crashing, and the screen keeps turning black, as well as a...: I recently purchased a new laptop with good specs and a high resolution screen 2-4 months ago. I have rarely used it as I have been on break I'm a university student, and have been on break for about 3 months. When I do use it however, there is never a time where I don't come...
  5. My new laptop keeps freezing, crashing, and the screen keeps turning black, as well as a...

My new laptop keeps freezing, crashing, and the screen keeps turning black, as well as a...: I recently purchased a new laptop with good specs and a high resolution screen 2-4 months ago. I have rarely used it as I have been on break I'm a university student, and have been on break for about 3 months. When I do use it however, there is never a time where I don't come...
  6. My new laptop keeps freezing, crashing, and the screen keeps turning black, as well as a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My computer screen turns black & pc crashes

My computer screen turns black & pc crashes: When working with files on 2 usb scandisk storage devices after a while my pc crashes with a black screen. This started last week. Both devices are plugged into the back ports. I end up shutting the pc off. I'm using Win 10. What is wrong?...
  8. My computer screen turns black & pc crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer screen turns black & pc crashes: When working with files on 2 usb scandisk storage devices after a while my pc crashes with a black screen. This started last week. Both devices are plugged into the back ports. I end up shutting the pc off. I'm using Win 10. What is wrong?...
  9. My computer screen turns black & pc crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. my display turns black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my display turns black: hello guys this problem started appearing 1 week ago while i was playing game my display turned black i thought it was normal at first but it started to occur more often.I asked one of my friend for help and he told me to run stress test to see if any of the components...