Windows 10: My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown.

Discus and support My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC boots up normally as it should when just, booting it up.However, if I choose the restart option in my Windows it does not restart.It shuts down,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NietRobijn, Mar 25, 2023.

1. My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown.

My PC boots up normally as it should when just, booting it up.However, if I choose the restart option in my Windows it does not restart.It shuts down, boots up and 'freezes' on the ROG screen where I should be able to press F2 or DEL to enter BIOS.The F2 and DEL key is not opening BIOS when I restart my pc, it does when I boot it manually.I have this issue for a while now, but I straight up ignored it as it wasn't a problem for me, but now I want to update my Windows and I can't.The update installation fails because, well, the system does not reboot when it needs to be rebooted. Blocking me to

:)

NietRobijn, Mar 25, 2023

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Mar 25, 2023
  3. drpet23 Win User
    Pc restart instead of shutdown after brief powerloss.

When powerloss ( 1 second ) ( due to switch of electric fuse ) is very brief pc will restart or shutdown. ?

My pc get restarted instead of shutdown.Any ideas?

I ask because i have in bios option AC Power Loss POWER OFF.

When i manually cut power for longer time pc will not boot itself when power back, because i have AC POWER LOSS POWER OFF in bios.
    But few days ago when power due to switch of electric fuse was off only for 1 second pc restarts instead of shutdown.

drpet23, Mar 25, 2023
  4. My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown.

PC is not being shutdown or restart in windows 10

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue

Let's try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on When I press power button and choose from the drop down menu like Do nothing/shutdown/hibernate/sleep/Turn off display. (Prefer to select Shutdown)
    Method 2:

I will suggest you to check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode with Networking. Follow the below steps:

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with networking:

• Search for Settings from the taskbar and select it from the search results.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.
    If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode with Networking, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2:

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Clean boot disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a
    program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality
    when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If the computer is connected to a network,
    network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Method 3:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Power.
    • Click on Advanced on the Power dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown.

1. My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown. - Similar Threads - does boot Restart

2. Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart: Hello,I have the following problem: both of my monitors suddenly lose the signal as if by accident. Disconnecting and reconnecting the cables doesn't help, nor does restarting the drivers Win+Alt+Shift+B - I have to perform a computer restart by using the button on the case...
  3. Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart: Hello,I have the following problem: both of my monitors suddenly lose the signal as if by accident. Disconnecting and reconnecting the cables doesn't help, nor does restarting the drivers Win+Alt+Shift+B - I have to perform a computer restart by using the button on the case...
  4. Sudden Monitor Shutdowns - Requiring PC Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown.: My PC boots up normally as it should when just, booting it up.However, if I choose the restart option in my Windows it does not restart.It shuts down, boots up and 'freezes' on the ROG screen where I should be able to press F2 or DEL to enter BIOS.The F2 and DEL key is not...
  6. My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC does not boot after "Restart" is pressed. Requires to be manually shutdown.: My PC boots up normally as it should when just, booting it up.However, if I choose the restart option in my Windows it does not restart.It shuts down, boots up and 'freezes' on the ROG screen where I should be able to press F2 or DEL to enter BIOS.The F2 and DEL key is not...
  7. My PC restarts automatically after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC restarts automatically after shutdown: My PC restarts automatically after shutdown. whenever I shutdown my Pc, it comes back on automatically. I have followed a Windows Advisor's instruction by Unticking the check box for Pc to restart after a system failure. But it didn't work. I really need help. And this makes...
  8. My PC restarts automatically after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC restarts automatically after shutdown: Every time I shut down my Windows 10 PC, it restarts. The AMD bug report tool also comes up upon logging in again saying that it detected a crash. I have already tried all steps in this...
  9. My PC restarts automatically after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC restarts automatically after shutdown: Every time I shut down my Windows 10 PC, it restarts. The AMD bug report tool also comes up upon logging in again saying that it detected a crash. I have already tried all steps in this...
  10. My PC restarts automatically after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC restarts automatically after shutdown.: My PC restarts automatically after shutdown. whenever I shutdown my Pc, it comes back on automatically. I have followed a Windows Advisor's instruction by Unticking the check box for Pc to restart after system failure. But it didn't work. I really need help. And this makes...