Windows 10: My PC does not boot when I change settings in Bios

Discus and support My PC does not boot when I change settings in Bios in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have converted recently my C: drive from mbr to GPT and boot using UEFI Windows 10 1909. I adjusted the bios settings to use UEFI and the PC boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by William40, Nov 27, 2019.

1. William40 Win User

My PC does not boot when I change settings in Bios

I have converted recently my C: drive from mbr to GPT and boot using UEFI Windows 10 1909. I adjusted the bios settings to use UEFI and the PC boot normally. Today when I opened my PC, a blue screen appear with information that it does not recognise my boot files or somthing similar so I remember that I changed PCI settings in Bios from "Auto" to "Gen3" when I entered the bios and changed back my PC returned to boot again !!

Why this happean and how to change the Bios settings without lost boot my PC normally ?

:)

William40, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    How to change BIOS Settings.

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to switch from IDE to ACHL and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +
      R
      from the Keyboard.
    • Type regedit and hit
      Enter
    • Browse to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci\
    • Change the DWord value named "Start" from "3" (IDE) to "0" (AHCL)
    • Shutdown the computer.
    • Power the computer back on, making sure to enter the BIOS and change the SATA Operation to AHCL.
    • Save the change.
    Registry Disclaimer:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Instructions to change board?

Boot off of the windows CD, repair your XP partition (hopefully you won't have to reinstall windows), install drivers, and you're good to go. You'll see dual channel mode in the BIOS splash screen results from POST. It'll be pretty obvious *Stick Out Tongue My PC does not boot when I change settings in Bios :p. Here's a list of general tweaks for the 939Dual-SATA2.
    Step one- Set time, date
    Step two- In CPU settings, disable cool n quiet, set memory clock to DDR400, play with memory timings (CAS-TRAS-TRP-TRCD), which are listed in the bios in the order CAS, TRCD, TRAS, and TRP. EDIT- new BIOS's mess around with this order, can't be too sure on it, but yeah at least you know what the RAM timings stand for *Big Grin My PC does not boot when I change settings in Bios :D.
    Leave MA timing at 2T unless you think your system can handle 1T
    Step three- in Chipset settings, enable onboard LAN, disable onboard Audio, disable AGP fast write, set primary graphics adapter, and set CPU-NB and NB-SB link speed to 1000mhz.
    Step four- in IDE, disable controllers you aren't using. On all drives detected, enable SMART if you can and set PIO/DMA as high as they will go.
    Step five- Enable legacy USB support
    Step six- Set password if you're worried about anyone screwing around with your BIOS settings
    Step seven- Configure your boot sequence. I reccomend hard drive first, optical drive second, and floppy drive third.
    Step eight- Save changes, boot into XP, and enjoy your computer.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. My PC does not boot when I change settings in Bios - Similar Threads - does boot change

2. BIOS Password to prevent changing BIOS settings?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BIOS Password to prevent changing BIOS settings?: I have a laptop with BitLocker enabled with TPM with PIN protection. If an attacker steals my laptop, would they be able to access my sensitive files from the Internal hard drive if I do not set a BIOS Password to prevent the attacker from changing the BIOS settings? 139592
  3. Change System time in PC BIOS setting, but still restore to original time when boot into...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change System time in PC BIOS setting, but still restore to original time when boot into...: I'v tried to change time in PC BIOS setting to earlier(e.g. change from 17:00 to same day 08:00), after saving change and boot to Windows 10 desktop the system time will be restore to original 17:00. However, if just change few hours, maybe 1 or 2 hours, boot to Windows 10...
  4. Is my PC dead? Power ON, NO Boot, NO BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my PC dead? Power ON, NO Boot, NO BIOS: Hi all, Is my old laptop dead? Recently my old Sony Vaio (VPCEA3S1E) has had booting problems. It powers on, the fan runs steady for about 5 seconds, after the 5 seconds the fan starts to speed up until my machine turns off completely. I am unable to get into my BIOS, my...
  5. My PC Does Not Boot Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC Does Not Boot Up: I have a Casper i3 PC and had Windows 7 Operating System. I decided to upgrade my os and set up Windows 10. At first everything seemed OK, but suddenly my PC shut down (Probably because of a batterry issue). After that point I could not boot my PC up for two times, and at the...
  6. My PC Does Not Boot Up

My PC Does Not Boot Up: I have a Casper i3 PC and had Windows 7 Operating System. I decided to upgrade my os and set up Windows 10. At first everything seemed OK, but suddenly my PC shut down (Probably because of a batterry issue). After that point I could not boot my PC up for two times, and at the...
  7. PC crashes and changes BIOS boot options.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes and changes BIOS boot options.: I have had my PC for about 5 years, and it just started some of its first reoccurring erratic behavior. It seems now that, at random, the PC will freeze and flash the blue screen then shut down. It does it so fast that I can never see the error code. When I go to boot it...
  8. Dual boot BIOS settings changed by windows update

Dual boot BIOS settings changed by windows update: I have a very annoying situation: I am runnig my laptop (Acer Aspire E 15) as a dual boot with Ubuntu (Linux) and Windows 10. To do this I had to change the BIOS settings: 1. Enable the BIOS bootmenu "F12" 2. Adress a safe boot option (in my case the Ubuntu partition) and...
  9. Does a BIOS User Manual For my PC Exist?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does a BIOS User Manual For my PC Exist?: My PC is a Lenovo Think Centre Model # M91P. If I press ENTER quickly enough during the boot procedure, I can examine the BIOS settings, which unfortunately make no sense whatever. The same has been true of the various PCs I've used over the years, both at home and work....
  10. Should I change these bios settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I change these bios settings?: Can anybody explain these settings in bios? I dont really understand how these settings work. [img] [img] 60040