Windows 10: My PC does not boot when I change settings in Bios

Discus and support My PC does not boot when I change settings in Bios in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have converted recently my C: drive from mbr to GPT and boot using UEFI Windows 10 1909. I adjusted the bios settings to use UEFI and the PC boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by William40, Nov 27, 2019.

1. William40 Win User

My PC does not boot when I change settings in Bios

I have converted recently my C: drive from mbr to GPT and boot using UEFI Windows 10 1909. I adjusted the bios settings to use UEFI and the PC boot normally. Today when I opened my PC, a blue screen appear with information that it does not recognise my boot files or somthing similar so I remember that I changed PCI settings in Bios from "Auto" to "Gen3" when I entered the bios and changed back my PC returned to boot again !!

Why this happean and how to change the Bios settings without lost boot my PC normally ?

:)

William40, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    How to change BIOS Settings.

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to switch from IDE to ACHL and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +
      R
      from the Keyboard.
    • Type regedit and hit
      Enter
    • Browse to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci\
    • Change the DWord value named "Start" from "3" (IDE) to "0" (AHCL)
    • Shutdown the computer.
    • Power the computer back on, making sure to enter the BIOS and change the SATA Operation to AHCL.
    • Save the change.
    Registry Disclaimer:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Instructions to change board?

Boot off of the windows CD, repair your XP partition (hopefully you won't have to reinstall windows), install drivers, and you're good to go. You'll see dual channel mode in the BIOS splash screen results from POST. It'll be pretty obvious *Stick Out Tongue My PC does not boot when I change settings in Bios :p. Here's a list of general tweaks for the 939Dual-SATA2.
    Step one- Set time, date
    Step two- In CPU settings, disable cool n quiet, set memory clock to DDR400, play with memory timings (CAS-TRAS-TRP-TRCD), which are listed in the bios in the order CAS, TRCD, TRAS, and TRP. EDIT- new BIOS's mess around with this order, can't be too sure on it, but yeah at least you know what the RAM timings stand for *Big Grin My PC does not boot when I change settings in Bios :D.
    Leave MA timing at 2T unless you think your system can handle 1T
    Step three- in Chipset settings, enable onboard LAN, disable onboard Audio, disable AGP fast write, set primary graphics adapter, and set CPU-NB and NB-SB link speed to 1000mhz.
    Step four- in IDE, disable controllers you aren't using. On all drives detected, enable SMART if you can and set PIO/DMA as high as they will go.
    Step five- Enable legacy USB support
    Step six- Set password if you're worried about anyone screwing around with your BIOS settings
    Step seven- Configure your boot sequence. I reccomend hard drive first, optical drive second, and floppy drive third.
    Step eight- Save changes, boot into XP, and enjoy your computer.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. My PC does not boot when I change settings in Bios - Similar Threads - does boot change

2. My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios: So today I booted up my pc to get on the game then my pc crashed and sent me to bios on start up and I thought that was weird cause it never happed to me before and now I can’t get out of it please help...
  3. My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios: So today I booted up my pc to get on the game then my pc crashed and sent me to bios on start up and I thought that was weird cause it never happed to me before and now I can’t get out of it please help...
  4. My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. I changed my bios settings in order to play valorant, but now my pc won’t even boot to...

I changed my bios settings in order to play valorant, but now my pc won’t even boot to...: I got only one boot option and that is my storage option, also it keeps going to the bios setting or a black screen that says reboot to the right option....
  6. pc boots into bios, sometimes into windows but when it does it freezes

pc boots into bios, sometimes into windows but when it does it freezes: Hello everyone! i built this pc just a bit over a year ago and its finally giving me trouble. When i boot up my pc, im able to get into the uefi or bios, and nothing happens. But when i boot into windows, it either crashes, or boots into windows for about 10 seconds then...
  7. pc boots into bios, sometimes into windows but when it does it freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc boots into bios, sometimes into windows but when it does it freezes: Hello everyone! i built this pc just a bit over a year ago and its finally giving me trouble. When i boot up my pc, im able to get into the uefi or bios, and nothing happens. But when i boot into windows, it either crashes, or boots into windows for about 10 seconds then...
  8. pc boots into bios, sometimes into windows but when it does it freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. when i boot my pc it asks me to go to bios and change the boot device

in Windows 10 Support
    when i boot my pc it asks me to go to bios and change the boot device: problem is it gives no power to my keybord or mouse when this happens what can i do to fix this issue windows number ver 1909 os build 18363 1139 [img] 167490
  10. Change System time in PC BIOS setting, but still restore to original time when boot into...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change System time in PC BIOS setting, but still restore to original time when boot into...: I'v tried to change time in PC BIOS setting to earlier(e.g. change from 17:00 to same day 08:00), after saving change and boot to Windows 10 desktop the system time will be restore to original 17:00. However, if just change few hours, maybe 1 or 2 hours, boot to Windows 10...