Windows 10: My PC does not recognize me as administrator.

Discus and support My PC does not recognize me as administrator. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I make my PC recognize me as administrator? When I download a file system does not allow me to proceed. A window pops up saying I dont have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MARIE569, May 21, 2020.

1. MARIE569 Win User

My PC does not recognize me as administrator.

How do I make my PC recognize me as administrator? When I download a file system does not allow me to proceed. A window pops up saying I dont have administrative capapbilities. This in File Explorer.

:)

MARIE569, May 21, 2020
  2. jimbobs Win User

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, May 21, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

4. My PC does not recognize me as administrator.

No Administrator Rights On The PC (Windows 10)

Hi Fozia,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.
    Step 2:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the other user account privileges to Administrator.

5. You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 21, 2020
Thema:

My PC does not recognize me as administrator.

1. My PC does not recognize me as administrator. - Similar Threads - does recognize administrator

2. PC does not recognize DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC does not recognize DVD: My PC stopped recognizing DVDs. Please, help me with the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-does-not-recognize-dvd/de53a996-491c-4d21-9b42-9a7a0aa0df72
  3. My PC does not recognise me

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My PC does not recognise me: I lost my internet connection but with my provider's help it is now back. But my PC does not recognise me. I get a message saying 'The user profile service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded. I'm writing this through my wife's profile. * Moved from Teams *...
  4. It won't recognize me as an administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It won't recognize me as an administrator: So I just tried to uninstall the CS-GO and it says " You do not have sufficient acess to uninstall Counter Strike 1.6. Please contact your system administrator." Then I realized I have two accounts now , PC1 and the one I have now is Administrator. ( Both of them are...
  5. Not Recognized as Administrator

Not Recognized as Administrator: I've read all the posts that apply when my computer isn't recognizing me as the Administrator. The general comment about using cmd in the command window and right-clicking on it to select "Run as Admin" doesn't work because I don't get that selection. When I try the other...
  6. Windows 10 Home Refuses to Recognize Me as the Administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Refuses to Recognize Me as the Administrator: I have Windows 10 Home and have quickly tired of the background updates occurring without my consent. The operating system should not be behaving like malware, but that is a topic for another discussion. Every time I try any technique for disabling updates being forced on me,...
  7. my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator

my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator: my computer with windows 10 is not recognizing me as the administrator. I have an HP rp5700 with windows 10 and everything was working fine until I tried to add a new tax program last week and I get a prompt with the message that I needed to enter an admin user name and...
  8. Not recognized as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not recognized as administrator: I'm trying to install a program but get this prompt. It's the same for all programs. [ATTACH] It seems i cant do anything as an administrator even though i'm the only user on the computer and didnt have this problem before. I tried running CMD as administrator but received...
  9. Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator: I only have one account. When I check my account status it shows Administrator. Yet when I try to do certain functions Windows tells me I need to be an Administrator to do that function. Like tonight. I tried to save a bat file to my root directory and Windows won't...
  10. Windows 10 Pro does not recognize Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro does not recognize Administrator Account: I am logged in to Windows 10 Pro as an Administrator. The operating system refuses to allow me to unzip an executable file to a folder on my C Drive failing because an Administrator account is required. It does not give me the option to provide my password to authorize the...