Windows 10: My pc does not recognize the new HDD what to do?

Discus and support My pc does not recognize the new HDD what to do? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Bios recognizes it but windows does not help. Mein Pc erkennt die neue HDD nicht was tun? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Janiboy06, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Janiboy06 Win User

My pc does not recognize the new HDD what to do?

My Bios recognizes it but windows does not help.

:)

Janiboy06, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jun 9, 2020
  4. NeoEnigma Win User

Asus Rampage MB not recognizing Sata HDD

I did check in the BIOS for the hard drive and it wasnt listed in there. Someone suggested that the Hard drive and the DVD cannot both be set to master, but that is how they were configured in my last PC. I usually have a cd-rom drive set to master and all others set to slave, and a hard drive set to master and all others set to slave.

It was also suggested that I manually select the number of the SATA slot the HDD is plugged into and force it to realize it's a Hard Drive. I may try that.

The way I fixed the CPU issue for now is laying the tower down on its side, allowing the CPU to sit without any reason to fall off. But I definitely want something more secure (any suggestions?)

NeoEnigma, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

1. My pc does not recognize the new HDD what to do? - Similar Threads - does recognize HDD

2. What does "reset this pc" do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does "reset this pc" do?: Hi,I am hiving some errors all around my computer. For example, file explorer is corrupted, windows search doesn't work, screen snip constantly crashes, etc. I am now going to reset the pc but keep my files. What will this erase? I have a lot of game save files on steam and...
  3. What does "reset this pc" do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does "reset this pc" do?: Hi,I am hiving some errors all around my computer. For example, file explorer is corrupted, windows search doesn't work, screen snip constantly crashes, etc. I am now going to reset the pc but keep my files. What will this erase? I have a lot of game save files on steam and...
  4. File History does not recognize my HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History does not recognize my HDD: I am using Windows 11 Home. I have 3 additional hard drives connected to my computer.1 is M2, attached to the motherboard.1 is SSD, connected using SATA.1 is regular 3.5" HDD, also connected using SATA.Windows File History can see my M2 and SSD, but it does not recognize my...
  5. File History does not recognize my HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History does not recognize my HDD: I am using Windows 11 Home. I have 3 additional hard drives connected to my computer.1 is M2, attached to the motherboard.1 is SSD, connected using SATA.1 is regular 3.5" HDD, also connected using SATA.Windows File History can see my M2 and SSD, but it does not recognize my...
  6. Old external HDD not recognized in new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old external HDD not recognized in new PC: I have an old external HDD Iomega with a Seagate drive ST3320820A. It works perfectly well connected to an old PC already too slow that I wish to discard. However when HDD is connected to a new PC it is not recognized. It seems the HDD doesn't exist. It should be noted that...
  7. My PC does not boot, what to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC does not boot, what to do?: Hi, I was playing with friends yesterday until the round stopped loading and I restarted the PC. Now my PC does not want to start. [ATTACH] I also tried the BIOS and it didn't work. Does anyone know what I can do now? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 does not recognize my new WD 1 Tb HDD!!!!

Windows 10 does not recognize my new WD 1 Tb HDD!!!!: Good day to all, I hope someone out there can shed a little light on this issue I'm experiencing. I've been trying to add a second internal drive for storage. It is a WD 1Tb HDD and for some reason or another Win. 10 won't allow me to format it via Disk management app nor...
  9. What does HDD Recovery on the boot menu do?

What does HDD Recovery on the boot menu do?: Maybe I am asking my question wrong. I am seriously just trying to get to the C drive on my laptop and want to know if I can get there via the boot menu that is on my screen right now. I cannot access my computer any other way and have no access to any other computer. What...
  10. My computer does not recognize an outer HDD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer does not recognize an outer HDD.: I am fixing my corrupted PlayStation 3, but my computer does not recognize it's HDD so I can not fix it. How can I make my system know that I have an HDD plugged in? 19542