Windows 10: MY PC DOES NOT RESET.

Discus and support MY PC DOES NOT RESET. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Im using a Windows 10, 2016 HP Pavillion Notebook. I have issues resetting my pc completely i.e, cleaning up all the drives without any backup options.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AromalVijay, Sep 8, 2018.

1. AromalVijay Win User

MY PC DOES NOT RESET.

Im using a Windows 10, 2016 HP Pavillion Notebook. I have issues resetting my pc completely i.e, cleaning up all the drives without any backup options. The process starts and at about 9% of the process, once the system has restarted it states that it is undoing all the changes done so far and starts up normally, with all the files and settings as they were. There is also a notification saying that it was unable to reset. Please help me resolve this.

:)

AromalVijay, Sep 8, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Anthony Cato Win User
    Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Ikaruga Win User

MY PC DOES NOT RESET.

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

MY PC DOES NOT RESET.

1. MY PC DOES NOT RESET. - Similar Threads - DOES RESET

2. Does Reseting One Computer with the Same Account as Another Harm the Other Computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Reseting One Computer with the Same Account as Another Harm the Other Computer?: I am reseting a computer to give it to my neighbor. When I go to the reset menu, it says that it deletes all accounts on the PC. I use this same account on another PC. Will it delete the account or will it just delete it from the PC? Thanks...
  3. "Reset my PC" option does not appear in my settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Reset my PC" option does not appear in my settings: I was looking to find a way to clear up space in my PC and decided that using the "reset my pc" option under Settings>Update and Security>Recovery was a good option. But upon going there i noticed that the option was not there. i was wondering if i am using a different...
  4. If I reset my Windows 10, does it need an internet connection?

If I reset my Windows 10, does it need an internet connection?: Hello, 3-4 days from now I'm gonna reset my computer because of some issues like = I dont have a wifi option neither an airplane mode in windows 10 lmao = Instability issue =Windows Update and Defender so I'm just wondering if resetting my computer needs an internet...
  5. Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11IBY Factory reset does not work

Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11IBY Factory reset does not work: My son purchased this over a year ago and stopped using it 6 months ago. The Micorsoft update assistant is trying to load but there is not enough room so it cancels. I had to uninstall but the it keeps trying to install. I decided to set it back to factory default and...
  6. Windows Password does not Sync after resetting Microsoft Live password

Windows Password does not Sync after resetting Microsoft Live password: After reviewing many questions about this issue, back to 2015, it appears that Microsoft has not been able to resolve this problem. What can your loyal followers expect over the coming weeks/months in terms of fixing this heinous issue. 3+ years after first reports, this...
  7. resetting microsoft account password does not allow access to microsoft account

resetting microsoft account password does not allow access to microsoft account: resetting Microsoft account password does not allow access to Microsoft account. Does anyone have a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/resetting-microsoft-account-password-does-not/b7b8b0c7-c799-4d3e-abdf-9cc1b2056956
  8. Does resetting my Windows 10 PC permanently get rid of pre-installed (and 3rd party, web...

Does resetting my Windows 10 PC permanently get rid of pre-installed (and 3rd party, web...: To whoever's reading this... I'm running Windows 10 (not the latest one) on a HP laptop. Programs such as HP Support Assistant, HP Orbit and more came with the laptop. I've also got stuff from the Microsoft Store. I'm not going to be mad if they're uninstalled because I can...
  9. Does resetting game remove the progress?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does resetting game remove the progress?: i have downloaded modern combat 5 from windows store. It was working fine till yesterday however now its some issue. I wanted to try the reset but afraid if i would lost all the in game progress, could someon please confirm. I know i google play we can save the progress in...
  10. How long does it take to reset Windows with a 5 TB HDD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How long does it take to reset Windows with a 5 TB HDD?: Hello Everybody Yesterday I decided to reset my Windows 10 64-bit installation. Specifically I wanted to make a clean install of Windows using the system's own tools following this tutorial Reset Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials I selected the option of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. IdeaPad 100S 11IBY - Windows reset options not working due to lack of space