Windows 10: My pc doesn't connect to the internet via ethernet when it is first switched on. In order...

Discus and support My pc doesn't connect to the internet via ethernet when it is first switched on. In order... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am forced to leave my pc powered on all the time to avoid repeating this procedure and this is a major inconvenience. I have tried many things such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Natzukuwu, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Natzukuwu Win User

My pc doesn't connect to the internet via ethernet when it is first switched on. In order...

I am forced to leave my pc powered on all the time to avoid repeating this procedure and this is a major inconvenience.

I have tried many things such as buying a new ethernet cable, trying different ports, resetting router, trying network troubleshooter , resetting TCP/IP, restarting/updating/reinstalling network adapters and a few other things but non of these things have worked.

Could somebody suggest possible things that I may not have tried or anything else that could possible offer a solution because this problem is becoming a major nuisance and I cannot find a fix.

:)

Natzukuwu, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Changing internet type on a internet passthrough ethernet connection

Hi SanJ16,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the following steps on your laptop and check if it works.

1. Open ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Network and Internet’.
    2. Click on ‘Ethernet’ and tap ‘Properties’ for the network connection.
    3. Set it to ‘Private’ and turn on ‘Make this PC discoverable’.
    4. Close settings when finished.

Hope it helps,

Junaid_A, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Laptop doesn's recognize that it's connected to the internet Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Homucles Win User

My pc doesn't connect to the internet via ethernet when it is first switched on. In order...

Cannot connect to Internet via direct Ethernet cable connection.

Hello. Have had this PC for about a year now. Came as Win7, updated to Win10 shortly thereafter. It is incapable of connecting to Internet wirelessly, so I connected it to modem directly through Ethernet cable. Have never had any problems whatsoever with
    connectivity to the Internet.

All of the sudden, as of about last week, I would start up my PC and it would be disconnected from the Internet. It cannot detect any sort of Internet connections despite being directly connected to the modem. Even wirelessly connected devices in my home
    like smartphones and tablets were unaffected by whatever ails my PC/Ethernet cable/etc.. I had:

• Restarted PC
    • Unplugged and replugged in modem after 30 seconds
    • Uninstalled drivers
    • Checked for driver updates (of which there were none)
    • Switched Ethernet ports
    • Switched Ethernet cables
    • Turned off firewalls and other malware-detecting programs
    • Reset network devices
    • ...and a host of other troubleshooting tips I have now forgotten
    None of these worked, but after 10-20 minutes, the Internet returned to normal. It has just happened again, and I did not retry any of the aforementioned actions, and, once again, it returned after 10-20 minutes.

It may seem to be a very trivial problem if the Internet ultimately comes back, but this effectively means my PC's startup time is extended to about 20 minutes, and this proves to be extremely inconvenient when I need to access the Internet.

Please offer any suggestions you think would solve this problem. Whatever system specifications are needed I will provide.

Homucles, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. My pc doesn't connect to the internet via ethernet when it is first switched on. In order... - Similar Threads - doesn't connect internet

2. after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet: after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet. the message said i had an invalid Ip configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-an-update-my-pc-lost-internet-connection-via/3b3151a1-a7c9-48fb-a185-6d707d9a8838
  3. after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet: after an update, my pc lost internet connection via ethernet. the message said i had an invalid Ip configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-an-update-my-pc-lost-internet-connection-via/3b3151a1-a7c9-48fb-a185-6d707d9a8838
  4. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  5. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  6. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Window 10 not connecting to the internet via Ethernet through a network switch.

Window 10 not connecting to the internet via Ethernet through a network switch.: I have two PCs running Windows 10, and one stopped connecting to the internet. I just switched to Wi-Fi, and on the other computer, this was no issue, because I can only connect through Ethernet by running a cable across the house. Today, I started to work on updating another...
  8. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  9. Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet

Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet: Hello all, I've seen many forums with the same issues, but to no avail I still am experiencing the same problems. I was given my desktop about a week ago by my uncle, and I wiped it cleaned and installed Windows 10 Pro. I go to connect the Ethernet cable and it says...
  10. Internet connection via ethernet problems

Internet connection via ethernet problems: I hope I'm putting this in the right place. We have two desktop pcs both running W10. Husbands PC was off for a while then wouldn't connect to the internet. Now mine has had to be switched off for a couple of months and we're having the same problem with this one too. Neither...