Windows 10: My pc exe not opening

Discus and support My pc exe not opening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In my pc .exe files are not opening even the tax manager or any windows utility even the settings not openingEven I cannot reset through Swift plus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EditingHero, Aug 9, 2022.

1. My pc exe not opening

In my pc .exe files are not opening even the tax manager or any windows utility even the settings not openingEven I cannot reset through Swift plus restartWhen I go to reset it says "that cannot do resettingTake backup of your files and do complete reset" Windows explorer.exe is only opening I can use safe mode there every this is fine

:)

EditingHero, Aug 9, 2022

2. I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Aug 9, 2022
  4. My pc exe not opening

Exe file

New PC

Windows 10

Trying to download Chrome browser (exe file)

when trying to open, prompts open with and list programs to open with

will not allow exe file.

LuisValentin1, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

My pc exe not opening

1. My pc exe not opening - Similar Threads - exe opening

2. I cant open .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open .exe files: hello, My issue i am having is that no matter what i cannot open .exe files. or more lie files specifically from github or so i know of. I have tried a number of "solutions".1. Check for MalwareMalware or viruses can sometimes cause .exe files not to run. Running a full...
  3. I cant open .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant open .exe files: hello, My issue i am having is that no matter what i cannot open .exe files. or more lie files specifically from github or so i know of. I have tried a number of "solutions".1. Check for MalwareMalware or viruses can sometimes cause .exe files not to run. Running a full...
  4. Exe files not opening/working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe files not opening/working: Hello! I have a problem, whenever I try to open .exe files, all it does is make the grey bar at the top of the file tab grow brighter. But for some reason, my laptop only opens some .exe files, i don't know why. But when i open .exe files it mostly doesn't work.Thanks....
  5. Exe files not opening/working

Exe files not opening/working: Hello! I have a problem, whenever I try to open .exe files, all it does is make the grey bar at the top of the file tab grow brighter. But for some reason, my laptop only opens some .exe files, i don't know why. But when i open .exe files it mostly doesn't work.Thanks....
  6. Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file: Saya tidak sengaja mensetting default open file exe saya ke adobe acrobat aplikasi saya semua berubah icon menjadi adobe acrobat,saya menghapus adobe acrobat saya dan file exe dilaptop saya saat membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file...
  7. Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file

Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file: Saya tidak sengaja mensetting default open file exe saya ke adobe acrobat aplikasi saya semua berubah icon menjadi adobe acrobat,saya menghapus adobe acrobat saya dan file exe dilaptop saya saat membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file...
  8. USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.: I received both a USB and DVD from the hospital. Both have my medical records on them. Instructions say to insert the usb into the computer and a file will run asking me for a password which I have. The problem is neither the usb or dv will run the executable - neither on...
  9. USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.

USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.: I received both a USB and DVD from the hospital. Both have my medical records on them. Instructions say to insert the usb into the computer and a file will run asking me for a password which I have. The problem is neither the usb or dv will run the executable - neither on...
  10. USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security