Windows 10: my pc Exploring file very slow

Discus and support my pc Exploring file very slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my use windows 10 but pc was very slow the file expolring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vijaywaghavale, Jul 8, 2019.

1. my pc Exploring file very slow

my use windows 10 but pc was very slow the file expolring

:)

vijaywaghavale, Jul 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 file explorer very slow (working on it...) issue

This seemed to help. Time will tell. It certainly is more helpful and practical than the suggestion to end toe Explorer task and start a new one.

SamMcSpadden, Jul 8, 2019
  3. razghost Win User
    File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Ok so since upgrading from 7 to 10 file explorer has been a absolute nightmare! Everything was either incredibly slow, didn't happen or only partially load. After enduring this to this day I have decided enough is enough and started diagnosing by limiting the startup services using MSconfig.

After going through enabling startup services groups at the time and restarting the computer everytime! Eventually I found the service that was causing the problems with file explorer. The service is called Windows search and once disabled it restored functionality to file explorer. The search function in file explorer works but the search in the taskbar doesn't.

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

razghost, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Clint Win User

my pc Exploring file very slow

File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Thank you.

Clint, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

my pc Exploring file very slow

1. my pc Exploring file very slow - Similar Threads - Exploring file very

2. pc getting very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc getting very slow: hello sir my laptop running always slow ... i done all th eposibilities to run faster but it cont faster what should i do .. i have original os win10 and mcaffe antivirus(original) for one year . what is the problem can you help me out from this...
  3. My edge explorer is very slow

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My edge explorer is very slow: I have problems with my edge browser for windows 10 how can I reset it as factory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-edge-explorer-is-very-slow/28b6bfad-aadc-4246-9883-91b7009e1639"
  4. My newly purchased PC is very slow.

My newly purchased PC is very slow.: My system is so slow on almost every thing. I purchase this system last October, 2018- A DELL product, a Corei7, 8th Gen, 8GiG Ram, 1TB HDD on Windows 10. I can not figure out why. It makes a lot of sound/noise while working. Each time I check the Task Manager, I have found...
  5. File manager very slow

File manager very slow: In the last week or so certain operations whilst using File Manager are going very slow. I'm using a fully updated version of Windows 10 on a PC. Opening a file manager window works okay, but clicking 'New Folder' takes 20 seconds for the folder to appear. Deleting a file to...
  6. notebook pc is very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    notebook pc is very slow: Hi, I have a hp notebook pc . It is performing very slow for a long time. tried every possible ways but not improved. pls suggest any other solution. Intel core i3 3rd gen, 4GB RAM, 500 GB sata HDD, win 10 (1809) getting stuck when opening applications, taking long...
  7. Very slow response when opening programs and file explorer

Very slow response when opening programs and file explorer: When opening programs and shortcut to folders that are located on the task bar there is a several second delay before the program or folder opens. The delay is approx. 5 - 20 seconds. It doesn't happen all the time. I have searched the web and I used the command line SFC...
  8. Internet Explorer is very Slow...

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer is very Slow...: When I first upgraded IE was OK but for some unknown it has become very slow. What can I look for? 28645
  9. File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files: Hi All, When I double click on an .exe file to install a program, in Windows File Explorer, it takes over a minute to start the installation process. When I use Total Commander to do the same thing, it installs straight away. I've also tried it after disabling my Norton AV...
  10. File explorer --Very Slow for moving large number of small files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File explorer --Very Slow for moving large number of small files: Hi there If you have Loads (and I mean Loads) of small files - e-books, excel data. word docs, emails etc etc then File explorer runs REALLY slow on even fast devices I gave up moving this lot after about 4 hours. (W10 machine). Switched to Linux system -- did it in...