Windows 10: My PC forgets how to use WiFi

Discus and support My PC forgets how to use WiFi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, I need some serious help before I throw my PC from the window. As the title says, my laptop forgets how to use wifi. I'm not joking, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/__Thunderstorm__, Jan 26, 2021.

1. My PC forgets how to use WiFi

Hi guys, I need some serious help before I throw my PC from the window. As the title says, my laptop forgets how to use wifi. I'm not joking, it randomly disconnects, and in the control center the wifi icon sometimes disappeares too, sometimes doesn't find any wifi network, sometimes it just refuses to connect. The worst part is that it happens like every 10 minutes or so. My laptop is totally unusable, and I have to use it because of videolessons. The only solution I was able to find is to use the troubleshooting tool of Windows, which takes several minutes to reset my wireless card and then it starts to work, except that it lasts like 10 to 20 minutes. I have tried everything: I checked for updates, optional updates, I used an app to search for drivers updates, I uninstalled wifi drivers, tried not to update them, I also resetted the whole PC yesterday, which I hoped would have fixed it, except that this morning the PC has had the same problem 5 times in just 2 hours, which is annoying as hell. If you guys have any idea on how to fix this problem once and for all, I would really appreciate it, because I really need it and I can't disconnect during lessons (it happens also during written and oral tests). Also I can't use a cable, because the laptop doesn't have an Ethernet port and the cable is not near to where I use the laptop.

Laptop Asus f509fj-ej109t

submitted by /u/__Thunderstorm__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/__Thunderstorm__, Jan 26, 2021

2. Forget a WiFi Network

Hi Jess,

Windows 10 saves a list of Wi-Fi networks you connect to along with their passwords and other settings. If you want to manage or delete a certain network, just follow the steps provided below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Click Wi-Fi on the left pane of the Network & Internet window.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Select the network name and click Forget.

Note: Since you can't remember the network name you've connected with, you can consider forgetting all saved Wi-Fi networks on your PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Justine Pel, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Phillip Roos, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

My PC forgets how to use WiFi

Forgetting Wifi

Hi,

Conflicts with the WiFi driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues connecting to the Internet. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Have you tried to download and install the latest WiFi driver from your device manufacturer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

My PC forgets how to use WiFi

1. My PC forgets how to use WiFi - Similar Threads - forgets WiFi

2. Windows 11 forgets RADIUS WIFI Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 forgets RADIUS WIFI Credentials: We have a number of Windows 11 notebooks in our family. All updated to the latest version of WinPro. And all suffer the same problem. Every once in a while, these devices forget the RADIUS credentials. Whats even more annoying is that a reboot does not help. Once forgotten,...
  3. Windows 11 forgets RADIUS WIFI Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 forgets RADIUS WIFI Credentials: We have a number of Windows 11 notebooks in our family. All updated to the latest version of WinPro. And all suffer the same problem. Every once in a while, these devices forget the RADIUS credentials. Whats even more annoying is that a reboot does not help. Once forgotten,...
  4. how to forget wifi network in microsoft windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to forget wifi network in microsoft windows 11: I need to create a guide on how to forget wireless networks in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-forget-wifi-network-in-microsoft-windows-11/a4b1619d-e322-4007-84f9-6989f6344659
  5. how to forget wifi network in microsoft windows 11

how to forget wifi network in microsoft windows 11: I need to create a guide on how to forget wireless networks in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-forget-wifi-network-in-microsoft-windows-11/a4b1619d-e322-4007-84f9-6989f6344659
  6. WIFI slows down, returns to normal after "forgetting Network Connection"

WIFI slows down, returns to normal after "forgetting Network Connection": Hey Everyone,I´m having a problem with my internet in the past month, with no luck finding the solution so far...My internet speed wifi in my Lenovo ThinkPad is usually around 300Mbps for Download and Upload. Then sundenly drops to around 15 to 20Mbps and stays like that.If I...
  7. WIFI slows down, returns to normal after "forgetting Network Connection"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI slows down, returns to normal after "forgetting Network Connection": Hey Everyone,I´m having a problem with my internet in the past month, with no luck finding the solution so far...My internet speed wifi in my Lenovo ThinkPad is usually around 300Mbps for Download and Upload. Then sundenly drops to around 15 to 20Mbps and stays like that.If I...
  8. WIFI slows down, returns to normal after "forgetting Network Connection"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there: Hi allI needed to change my password at uni every six months is the policy.Usually, on my personal laptop then, I forget the uni wifi network, and rejoin with the new password.But this time... the "Forget" option is not there to select... so I am stuck. When I click the wifi...
  10. Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there

Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there: Hi allI needed to change my password at uni every six months is the policy.Usually, on my personal laptop then, I forget the uni wifi network, and rejoin with the new password.But this time... the "Forget" option is not there to select... so I am stuck. When I click the wifi...