Windows 10: My PC freeze but CPU GPU RAM and MAYBE DISK are fine. Help ?

Discus and support My PC freeze but CPU GPU RAM and MAYBE DISK are fine. Help ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a SSD 1TB. my games freeze for half second randomly while playing. i thought its CPU and GPU prob. checked thier temp - usage while playing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mostafa eldeeb1, Apr 2, 2023.

1. My PC freeze but CPU GPU RAM and MAYBE DISK are fine. Help ?

I have a SSD 1TB. my games freeze for half second randomly while playing. i thought its CPU and GPU prob. checked thier temp - usage while playing. both were perfect. i excluded RAM cuz i hv 16GB ram. so my SSD remained. checked it using a app its health is 99% 3 years old pc checked with CMD command and it said my hard works normally.. all hard disk health test apps says that my SDD is perfect. I became soo confused like Why all my games freeze randomly when everything is just fine? so i took a closer look at the freeze and noticed that When any game freeze and i look at my FPS i find the

:)

mostafa eldeeb1, Apr 2, 2023

2. Significant CPU, GPU and RAM lag spikes

My computer is having significant lag spikes. How do I make my computer's CPU, GPU and RAM go down? Any tips or suggestions? Also I use this computer for gaming.

100% gpu usage!
    6.5gb ram usage!
    65% cpu usage!
    Disk does fine, though.

Windows 10, 21H2

My PC freeze but CPU GPU RAM and MAYBE DISK are fine. Help ? 355829d1640663740t-significant-cpu-gpu-ram-lag-spikes-stats.png

looktothecosmos, Apr 2, 2023
  3. 100% CPU,100% RAM & 100% Intel GPU Usage After every 1 minute & PC Freezes, and Game FPS Drops to 1FPS

After updating to Fall Creater update my PC use 100% CPU,100%RAM & 100% Intel GPU Usage After every 1 minute and its also freezing playback video on any player and dropping fps to 1fps during game play but before this update every thing was fine I have a
    high end PC

PC Spec:

OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit Version: 1709 OS Build: 16299.125

Processor: Core i7 6700HQ

RAM: 16GB

Graphics: GTX950M 4GB

Please fix this ***??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Muhammad Asad Janjua, Apr 2, 2023
  4. newtekie1 Win User

My PC freeze but CPU GPU RAM and MAYBE DISK are fine. Help ?

Strange freezing under GPU and CPU load.

My main rig has been suffering from very random complete freezes over the past month, which require a hard reset. And I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Here are the facts:

• It only does it when the GPU and CPU are under a lot of load(i.e. Folding)
    • It does it rather often while playing Plants vs. Zombies, which is probably due to the high GPU/CPU load.
    • It does it with everything at stock speeds.
    • When I reboot the computer after the freeze. All of the websites that I've logged into, such as TPU, require me to log in again. <-- This one is really strange to me.
    • PSU fan has started to noticeably click when I shut the computer down, but I know it is still spinning, but maybe not fast enough?
    Here is what I've tried:

• Reset everything to stock.
    • Swapped out 3 different video cards.
    • Ran CPU folding only for a week. <-- No freezes.
    • Ran GPU folding only for a week. <-- No freezes.
    • Added second auxilary PSU to power GPU only.
    • Removed 2 sticks of RAM.
    That is kind of where I'm stumped.

I thought maybe it was the PSU, so I tried to take some load off of it by adding an auxilary PSU I had laying around. That didn't help at all, though I still think it might be the PSU, so I ordered a Corsair HX850, which should be here this week. The PSU is almost 3 years old at this point.

My next guess is the HDD, and I only say that because it seems like every time the computer freezes, it corrupts any cookies I have stored, forcing me to log into every website again. Also, it is probably older than the PSU at this point. If the new PSU doesn't fix it, a new HDD is probably my next step.

I also found it very stange that it crashes a lot with Plants vs. Zombies(girlfriend loves it, which pisses her off more than me, but gets me in trouble every time it freezes just as she is about to win a level). However, I figured out that even though it is a very simple game graphically, it uses a lot of CPU and GPU power(it is hardware accellerated and does use a lot of the CPU when there is a lot of stuff going on). I haven't had a freeze in any other game, including Just Cause 2, which I've been playing extensively.

Am I overlooking anything?

newtekie1, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

My PC freeze but CPU GPU RAM and MAYBE DISK are fine. Help ?

1. My PC freeze but CPU GPU RAM and MAYBE DISK are fine. Help ? - Similar Threads - freeze CPU GPU

2. High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High cpu and ram usage low gpu usage: Hello, I have got my girlfriend a rx 580 8gb with her i3 10100f, which is pretty good. However, games are performing worse than when she had a gt 710. Even Mimecraft goes on low fps. Besides that, she got only 1x8 of ram, which pc only uses 6gb as max dk why, When I open any...
  3. My PC freeze but CPU GPU RAM and MAYBE DISK are fine. Help ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC freeze but CPU GPU RAM and MAYBE DISK are fine. Help ?: I have a SSD 1TB. my games freeze for half second randomly while playing. i thought its CPU and GPU prob. checked thier temp - usage while playing. both were perfect. i excluded RAM cuz i hv 16GB ram. so my SSD remained. checked it using a app its health is 99% 3 years old pc...
  4. My PC Keeps freezing, Possibly RAM HELP!!

My PC Keeps freezing, Possibly RAM HELP!!: Hello, i need some help with finding this problem i have on my pc, In the last week i started having problems with my pc, My pc just Freezes out of no where, some times it happens more than once in a row, some times it doesnt happen its really random or at least i couldnt...
  5. My PC Keeps freezing, Possibly RAM HELP!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Keeps freezing, Possibly RAM HELP!!: Hello, i need some help with finding this problem i have on my pc, In the last week i started having problems with my pc, My pc just Freezes out of no where, some times it happens more than once in a row, some times it doesnt happen its really random or at least i couldnt...
  6. My PC Keeps freezing, Possibly RAM HELP!!

7. Ram problems but fine on other pc!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram problems but fine on other pc!: Hi! I built my pc around 2 months ago and it started with bsod. Reassembled , reinstalled windows, updated and reinstalled drivers, tested gpu and hdd, replaced motherboard and..Bsod happens always when starting a game, during sfc scan and dism and sometimes random in chrome...
  8. Ram problems but fine on other pc!

Ram problems but fine on other pc!: Hi! I built my pc around 2 months ago and it started with bsod. Reassembled , reinstalled windows, updated and reinstalled drivers, tested gpu and hdd, replaced motherboard and..Bsod happens always when starting a game, during sfc scan and dism and sometimes random in chrome...
  9. Ram problems but fine on other pc!

10. windows cpu gpu ram and ram status display reomoval

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows cpu gpu ram and ram status display reomoval: Can I get the steps on how to remove this windows tool/widget? I seemed to have saved it as an always on display on my screen from the last windows update and I can't figure out how to move or remove it....