Windows 10: My pc freezes and my screen goes black with white squares

Discus and support My pc freezes and my screen goes black with white squares in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, im having issues with my pc, white squares show up on my screen and then my pc freezes. I can also see them appear on my screen at the choose on OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CapitanCody108, Aug 7, 2019.

1. My pc freezes and my screen goes black with white squares

Hi, im having issues with my pc, white squares show up on my screen and then my pc freezes. I can also see them appear on my screen at the choose on OS screen. I dont have any screen shots and the squares appear on my secondary screen. I tried system restore but that did nothing, not even disconnecting and reconnecting the screen. I use windows 10 pro and i got during the free upgrade when it first came out. Please help

:)

CapitanCody108, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Thales Win User

Small white square on screen

I have recently noticed a small white square on the bottom right of my laptop screen. I have absolutely no idea what that is or how to take it off. Here is a print screen.

My pc freezes and my screen goes black with white squares [​IMG]

This little white square is not on the top of everything on the screen. If, say, I click on the notifications button, we do not see the square

My pc freezes and my screen goes black with white squares 5sSNP.jpg

Any idea of what that is? Or how to get rid of it?

If it is relevant, on the tray I have:

• CCleaner
    • Acer Care Center
    • GeForce 920M
    • Avast
    • NVidia GeForce Experience
    • Avast SecureLine
    • Drive File Stream

My computer is an Acer Aspire E15 with Windows 10, 64 bits.

Thales, Aug 7, 2019
  3. White square on lock screen

Hi, I have a minor problem that I'd like to be fixed. Whenever I put my laptop to sleep for a long time by closing the lid, then opening the lid to wake it up. I get this big white distorted square as my mouse cursor and it goes away when I drag up the
    picture screen when you wake up a windows 10 computer, to type in my password to get into my account. What can I do to rid of that white square?

Richard J. Martinez, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Jose Est Win User

My pc freezes and my screen goes black with white squares

Screen goes to black and white after logging on

Hi Les,

System file corruption might be the reason why your screen goes to black and white after logging on.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, we would like to know the following:

• What Windows update were you referring to? Is it the Falls Creators Update?
    • Did you receive any error messages aside from the screen being black and white?
    • If there's an error message, kindly send us a screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, as an initial troubleshooting, we can run both the
    DISM and SFC commands shown below to fix possible Windows file corruption:

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, right click the Windows button, and then select
      Command Prompt (Admin). If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click
      Allow or Yes.
    • Type the following command, and then press Enter.
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Note: It might take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
    • Type the following command and press Enter.
      • sfc /scannow
      • Note: It might take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
    • Close the command prompt, and then restart your device.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Jose Est, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

My pc freezes and my screen goes black with white squares

1. My pc freezes and my screen goes black with white squares - Similar Threads - freezes screen goes

2. Black squares appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black squares appearing on my screen: Black squares keep appearing on my screen. All kinds of patterns and sizes. They appear for a split second then disappear. If the screen doesn't refresh, they stay there until I move my mouse. This isn't the screen's fault, I have tried using different screen to no avail....
  3. Black squares appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black squares appearing on my screen: Black squares keep appearing on my screen. All kinds of patterns and sizes. They appear for a split second then disappear. If the screen doesn't refresh, they stay there until I move my mouse. This isn't the screen's fault, I have tried using different screen to no avail....
  4. blank white square in the middle of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blank white square in the middle of my screen: I just reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop after replacing my hard drive, and now i have a blank white square in the middle of my screen... , how do i remove it?...
  5. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black: This afternoon, my monitor screen went black and the PC was unresponsive. No keyboard response either. I shut it off and back on again. It lasted about 4-5 minutes and happened again. This cycle has been going on for several hours, over and over. I updated my video drivers...
  6. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black: This afternoon, my monitor screen went black and the PC was unresponsive. No keyboard response either. I shut it off and back on again. It lasted about 4-5 minutes and happened again. This cycle has been going on for several hours, over and over. I updated my video drivers...
  7. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. windows 10 black screen and white squares

windows 10 black screen and white squares: I started up my computer and it crashed after the login in screen. since then i havent been able to get it to load windows correctly. i was once able to load into a screen that gave me diagnostics options but that was unable to help. it then restarted to a black screen with...
  9. Black screen with white flashing squares

Black screen with white flashing squares: My computer keeps crashing-it shows a black screen with white flashing squares then restarts. This started today and happened six times already. I hard reset my computer but it still crashes. I have no idea what’s going on and I can’t afford to have someone look at it. It is...
  10. My pc keeps freezing and screen goes black after....

My pc keeps freezing and screen goes black after....: Hi, I have an issue for the last couple of days now. My pc screen goes black randomly and freezes for about 10 - 20 seconds. It happens very randomly, sometimes when I am gaming and sometimes while I'm doing nothing at all. I was wondering if someone could help me fix this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen with white flashing squares

2. black screen with white flickering squares