Windows 10: My PC "freezes" during start up .....

Discus and support My PC "freezes" during start up ..... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my PC freezes during start up ... I often, after bout 4 attempts, get message "MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION" as it is "frozen" i cannot access anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertKellett, Jul 9, 2018.

1. My PC "freezes" during start up .....

my PC freezes during start up ... I often, after bout 4 attempts, get message "MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION"

as it is "frozen" i cannot access anything outlined in the community chat line recommended "fixes"

This problem is intermittent and has only began after a Windows 10 upgrade ..

occasionally by holding down the F9 key i can get a restart .....

what can I do ??

:)

RobertKellett, Jul 9, 2018

2. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Jul 9, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

My PC "freezes" during start up .....

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

My PC "freezes" during start up .....

1. My PC "freezes" during start up ..... - Similar Threads - freezes during start

2. My PC has started freezing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC has started freezing up: The screen just freezes up and there is no input from mouse or keyboard. Have to reboot to unfreeze until it freezes again. I've tried keeping Task Manager running, but it doesn't stop on the same thing. I've tried Safe mode and it doesn't seem to freeze up but I can't...
  3. My PC has started freezing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has started freezing up: The screen just freezes up and there is no input from mouse or keyboard. Have to reboot to unfreeze until it freezes again. I've tried keeping Task Manager running, but it doesn't stop on the same thing. I've tried Safe mode and it doesn't seem to freeze up but I can't...
  4. pc freezing and stuck during starting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezing and stuck during starting up: hi guys ...please i wanna your helpmy laptop stuck and getting blue screen after one second of starting up and go to troubleshootingwhen i anything in troubleshoot the same problem happen and in resetting pc a problem happen undoing changes this problem happend after...
  5. pc freezing and stuck during starting up

pc freezing and stuck during starting up: hi guys ...please i wanna your helpmy laptop stuck and getting blue screen after one second of starting up and go to troubleshootingwhen i anything in troubleshoot the same problem happen and in resetting pc a problem happen undoing changes this problem happend after...
  6. pc freezing and stuck during starting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC freeze in start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freeze in start up: I manage to turn on the computer I saw windows logo but before it goes to sign in page it will freeze. It happened before a long time ago and I dont know what my cousin did. He is not around and I need to boot my computer since I have lots to do....
  8. PC freeze in start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freeze in start up: I manage to turn on the computer I saw windows logo but before it goes to sign in page it will freeze. It happened before a long time ago and I dont know what my cousin did. He is not around and I need to boot my computer since I have lots to do....
  9. PC freeze in start up

10. PC freezes during start up

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezes during start up: At start up, my PC freezes at the pre log on page - the screen before, and which would normally lead to, the password entry / log on screen - It shows mail accounts being updated and the digital clock display operates, but PC does not respond to any input other than to power...