Windows 10: My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes.

Discus and support My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my pc. A random freeze happens for about five seconds every minute or two. It is like when you are typing, working or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AhmedAlsagheer, Jun 18, 2020.

1. My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes.

Hello,

I have a problem with my pc. A random freeze happens for about five seconds every minute or two. It is like when you are typing, working or surfing then this freeze happens, the pc receives what I am typing but postponing the letters to show/ the clicking to happen or whatever the action I am doing for a few seconds! The more time the pc is working, the more this is likely to repeat, even a freeze every 30 seconds!

I made many tests and benchmarks. Everything seems to be fine in numbers, but there something isn't actually working well. I searched a lot for the problem. Some solutions mentioned were to adjust the power plan for ssd or hard drive sleep, but it didn't work. I tried optimizing the ssd and the hard disks as well. I updated the firmware of the SSD. I updated windows.

Actually this is very annoying and paralyzing me from work. I wish to find any help

My specs:

Intel core i7 8700

Nvidia RTX 2070

Crucial Ram 2*16

SSD Samsung EVO pro 970 480 GB

HDD WD Blue 2 TB

Thanks

:)

AhmedAlsagheer, Jun 18, 2020
  2. dawei Win User

Windows 7 freezes for 1 minute

My custom built rig has lately, in the past 2 months or so, been having these spits of freezing. It will freeze for exactly 1 minute: always 1 minute, every time. I can time it down to the second.

The weird thing is that when it freezes, some programs seem to be immune to it. When playing a full screen game, video and audio will freeze (though not always at the same time, sometimes one or the other will lag). Playing a 3D game in windowed mode seems to be immune to it however. Windows explorer and Firefox always seems to freeze, but Windows Messenger (including video call) will work as normal even while everything else is frozen. After a minute has passed, everything is back to normal. It happens at irregular intervals: sometimes it will happen then happen again 30 seconds later, and sometimes I can go hours without the problem.

It's a bit bizarre and I'm not sure what is causing it. The fact that it is always exactly 1 minute makes me think it's some dumb program checking for an update or something, but I can't pin it down.

Any ideas appreciated.

dawei, Jun 18, 2020
  3. heartog Win User
    PC Freezes for 1-2 seconds when launching certain programs

The PC would freeze for a few seconds when I open certain programs the first time after waking the PC from sleep. It would not freeze if I open the program again after the first time, until I sleep the PC again. Programs that would freeze are e.g. MPC, Potplayer, etc.

System specs in profile

Tried:
    -Clean Windows 10 install, twice
    -Newest drivers
    -New Monitor, New TV

Any Suggestions? Thanks!

heartog, Jun 18, 2020
  4. My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes.

Windows 10 freezing 1-2 minutes after login

Windows 10 has started freezing about 1-2 minutes after login. Geforce experience was trying to update graphics driver at the time. Not sure if it was that. I reverted to the previous driver and problem persists. Difficult because I only get a small window
    to make changes before it stalls. I don't get the blue screen of death and I can still move the cursor around the screen but it shows the spinning wheel over the open window and taskbar. I tried to reset the PC and keep files but I get the message "There was
    a problem resetting your PC no changes were made".

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Rosscovitch, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes.

1. My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes. - Similar Threads - freezes five seconds

2. My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds: There used to be a beeping sound every 15 seconds as if you've unplugged and plugged back in a USB followed by it freezing for a second, but once i restarted my pc the beeping sound went away but it still freezes for a second. I just bought new RAM thinking thats the issue,...
  3. My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds: There used to be a beeping sound every 15 seconds as if you've unplugged and plugged back in a USB followed by it freezing for a second, but once i restarted my pc the beeping sound went away but it still freezes for a second. I just bought new RAM thinking thats the issue,...
  4. My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 second every 1 second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 second every 1 second: 2 days ago I had installed a nvidia driver update version 535.98 after that while playing games, making games in unity or watching videos my computer started to stutter for 0.1 seconds every 1 second. Thinking this was a problem of driver I have installed my old nvidia driver...
  5. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  6. Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  7. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  8. Computer BSOD every five minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSOD every five minutes: Hi, please help me i have a 3 month old computer and it keeps on BSOD every five minutes but has been fine up until today.. im attaching photos of my BSODing if you need to email me please do *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [IMG]...
  9. Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.: Ive had this for a while now, and ive tried every single fucking article on the internet. Microsoft Support does not help me. This didnt happen in windows 8.1, even though i did a clean install. Specs: CPU: AMD A6-6310 with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) R4...
  10. 1 second image freeze exactly every minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1 second image freeze exactly every minute: Hi everyone *Smile I have a problem with Windows 10 on my laptop. At the start of every new minute (e.g. 21:40:00) the image freezes for a second or two (the audio still runs fine). It doesn't matter how busy my laptop currently is, whether I'm playing a game, watching a...